As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Have Ann Jillian do a voice--I'd have to see the character list before I recommend which one...

On a side note, if The Facts of Life were made in the 2000s, instead of the 1980s, Blair and Jo would so be a couple...

Facts of Life is already well into its second season.

Entertainment News for Late-October 1980
Filmation's newest Saturday morning series The Katzenjammer Kids faces controversy over an episode in which Hans (voiced by Dallas McKennon) and Fritz (voiced by Pat Fraley) beat The Captain (voiced by Sid Raymond) senseless with a rowing instrument. After the episode aired on the morning of October 18th, a statement issued by ABC earlier this week did little to quell the outcry from angry parents.
- TV Guide

SBC's Wednesday Night Hockey is the highlight of the network's razor-thin fall lineup. The debut telecast between the Los Angeles Kings and New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on October 8 drew a 4.5 rating over ABC's Bosom Buddies and NBC's Facts of Life.
- The New York Times

ABC's decision to replace Don Meredith with former Raider coach John Madden on Monday Night Football for 1980 helped boost the program's rating up 6% from last season.
- Sports Illustrated

Filmation's newest Saturday morning series The Katzenjammer Kids faces controversy over an episode in which Hans (voiced by Dallas McKennon) and Fritz (voiced by Pat Fraley) beat The Captain (voiced by Sid Raymond) senseless with a rowing instrument. After the episode aired on the morning of October 18th, a statement issued by ABC earlier this week did little to quell the outcry from angry parents.
- TV Guide
I take it Mr. K had something to do with this episode?

- TV Guide
Did Daniel Abbot also get into some controversy

PNWKing

Banned
Why does everyone keep thinking its Daniel Abbott? There actually was a Ren & Stimpy episode with a similar plot that was vetoed by Nickelodeon.

My first thought was Daniel Abbott, as some form of wish fulfillment against his parents.

Did Daniel Abbot also get into some controversy

Why does everyone keep thinking its Daniel Abbott? There actually was a Ren & Stimpy episode with a similar plot that was vetoed by Nickelodeon.

"After [Lou Scheimer] threw me off the Fat Albert team, I was assigned to a programme called The Katzenjammer Kids. I didn't know too much about it except for some tidbits that this was based off of a newspaper comic from the early 1900's, or maybe earlier than that. As Filmation were gearing up to produce the series, Friz Freleng visited our office on the spur of the moment. I later learned that Friz briefly left Warners to work with MGM on an earlier adaptation of the comic back in 1938. But when I personally asked Friz about that experience, he told me that the shorts he did at MGM were the biggest blemish on his resume."

"The most infamous episode of Filmation's version has got to be Like Father, Like Sons. The story started out innocently with the Captain taking the boys on a fishing trip. But the turning point was obviously in the third act when the Captain decided he wanted to teach the boys how to fight back against bullies. The Captain donned a suit of padding while the boys severely bludgeoned him with the oar they used to paddle the canoe. John Kricfalusi and Eddie Fitzgerald received story credit on the opening title card. I did not work on that particular episode, as I was waiting for John to deliver his contribution to the magical girl project we were both assigned to."

"Needless to say, King Features Syndicate, who owned the copyright of the characters, got extremely pissy with both ABC and Filmation over that one episode. King Features' hopes of introducing the characters to the modern world rode heavily on the success of the programme and they felt those hopes were slipping away thanks to this single episode. King Features threatened to pull the licence of the characters if ABC aired the episode. But their threats were ignored and ABC aired the episode as scheduled, hence the backlash we received afterwards. The licence was revoked and ABC canceled the programme after just seven episodes were aired. We had six in the pipeline that never reached TV screens."

- Daniel Abbott; From his book Sex, Drugs and Disney Animation

I was thinking more about my idea for Roger Corman working with Britt Allcroft, and thought. What if Abbot leaves Disney sometime in the 90s, and when Thomas moves away from models in TTL, he could present the idea of a 2D/3D hybrid animated series. Where the locations and engines' mechanical components are CGI, but the faces on the engines and human characters are 2D. Maybe he could take Brad Bird with him to animate the faces and people.

The Snow Queen (1980 Film)
The Snow Queen
tumblr_n1l9di2qhz1sfeyx1o1_1280.png

Elsa the Snow Queen fan art created in 2014 IOTL by Tumblr artist Cory Jensen.

Released on Thanksgiving Weekend of 1980.

Production Companies
Walt Disney Pictures
Grantray-Lawrence

Directed by
Whitey Larkin
Don Bluth

Executive Producers
Walt Disney, Sr.
Ron Miller
Roy E. Disney

Story
Floyd Norman
Joe Grant
Burny Mattinson
Vance Gerry
Pete Young
Julius Svendsen
T. Hee
Xavier Atencio
Mel Shaw
Don Griffith

Directing Animators
Frank Thomas
Ollie Johnston
Cliff Nordberg
David Tendlar
Helen O'Grady [1]
Gary Goldman
John Pomeroy

Character Animators
Glen Keane
Ron Clements
Andy Gaskill
Chuck Harvey
Heidi Guedel
Jerry Rees
Lorna Pomeroy
Bill Hajee
Ron Husband
Emily Juliano
Ted Kierscey
Henry Selick
Fred Hellmich
Linda Miller
Walt Stanchfield
Dick Sebast
Ed Gombert
Betsy Baytos
Skip Jones
Randy Cartwright
Tim Burton (debut)
Darrell Van Citters (Laid off from Danjaq/Williams after Wardrobe)
Chris Buck (debut)
Mark Dindal (debut)

Musical score by
Buddy Baker

Songs by
Joe Raposo

Voices
Robert Downey, Jr. as Kai
Brooke Shields as Gerda
Freddie Starr as Olaf; The sentient comic-relief snowman built by Gerda and Kai
Michelle Pfeiffer as Anna the Robber Girl
Lucille Bliss as Grandma Dagmar