WIP Map Thread

Sort of Red Dawn (1984 movie) reversed.
India is China while China is probably Mexico.
Moscow and some other places were nuked (not on the map, yet)
RedDawnReverse.png

*The Sound Scissors make*
Wouldn't that blue Alaska's population be laughably small? Anchorage contains about 40% of the population, not to mention Fairbanks and Juneau, the second and third largest cities are both in the southern Alaska. The largest city in Northern Alaska, Kodiak numbers in the 6000ish range.

Wouldn't that blue Alaska's population be laughably small? Anchorage contains about 40% of the population, not to mention Fairbanks and Juneau, the second and third largest cities are both in the southern Alaska. The largest city in Northern Alaska, Kodiak numbers in the 6000ish range.
I know! I was just carving out a native state from the north.

I'm probably not going to finish in time for MOTF but I wanted to post a portion before it finished

The Southwestern Portion of the Baltic Mandate 2089, headquartered in Nexo, Bornholm. Though not quite Mediterranean, the climate has warmed, with the Carpathians dividing the increasingly subtropical Balkans/Pannonian Basin from a warm but still temperate continental Poland. Radiation is a constant threat, with nuclear proliferation strikes in Western Europe throwing up clouds of radioactive elements to be deposited across Eurasia. Large swathes of the Baltic Mandate are uninhabitable to humans, though nature finds a way. Over the past 60+ years, much of the urban locales have been stripped of scrap and taken over by grasses and shrubs. The modern transition from coniferous to deciduous forest has continued, though more through the processes of climate change, pest invasions, and fallout than the logging that traditionally forced the transition. Animal species have thrived in the edges of exclusion zones, with some making their homes in the heart of some of the worst fallout. Native or re-introduced megafauna roams, with wolves, escaped tigers, bears, water buffalo, feral horses, and American-European Bison hybrids growing in numbers, alongside pine martens, fox squirrels, racoons. Fisheries have recovered despite significant runoff from contaminated zones, though the catch is limited due to significant bioaccumulation. There are populations of humans entirely reliant on the rebounding wilderness for their caloric intake and economic livelihoods.

Poland, one of the largest states in the North Eurasian exclusion zones, with a population coming close to 300k, and maintaining three cities (Raciborz, Jelenia Gora, and Legnica) of over 30,000. The majority of the population is concentrated south of the Legnica-Rzeszow line, living in the shadows of the Carpathian Mountains. Poland has begrudgingly become one of the more diverse states of the Mandate, with Kashubians, Silesian Germans, Ukrainians, Vietnamese, Russians, Roma, Lemko, Goral, and Americans forming a substantial minority population, in some areas forming the majority of population still living in the region. Kashubians, Vietnamese, and Kurpies in particular are three populations who hold outsized importance to the Polish State, with all three being much more familiar and comfortable with navigating the wilderness, radiation, and isolated populations above the Legnica-Rzeszow Line. The Kashubian Autonomy is often considered a country unto it's own but participates in Polish Elections.

Carpathia is a majority Rusyn state that split from Ukraine in 2026 soon after 26/8, participating in the Ukrainian Civil War that followed. The Majority of the Rusyn population of the region has relocated to the areas around Villarrica, Chile, with Carpathia itself serving as a spiritual center, claim, and materials reclamation center for the Rusyn peoples. Due to its location south of the Carpathian Mountains, it's significantly better integrated into the Danubian Economic Network, though it remains in the Baltic Mandate in order to avoid Serbian domination and receive more aid from the United Nations.

Interior Peoples range from towns that refused to evacuate to the descendants of cults and militias. Some maintain sedentary agricultural lifestyles, others hunt and gather, while others serve as traders and security along the Amber Road, distributing finished goods from recovered nations deep into the Baltic and Volga Mandates, and bringing beeswax, lime, and other resources to the larger settlements of the mandate.

BalticMandateWIP.png

unknown.png

An HOI4-style map I'm working on involving a Napoleonic victory, with the prospective POD being Napoleon turning to deal with the Peninsular War in 1812 instead of invading Russia, and set in 1936, as is the beginning of the game.

An ASB scenario involving Classical Mythology:

Basically, Italy and Greece in 1928 became puppetized by the gods of Classical Mythology, who led both nations on an ultranationalist path. With the Nazis rising in 1933, the three nations formed the Rome-Athens-Berlin Axis.

I'll be making two maps: One set in 1944 (the height of the war), and one set in 1968 (exactly 20 years after the war ended). Similar to the Nuremberg Trials, Italian, Greek, and Olympian (aka Classic Mythological) War criminals would end up being trialled for their war crimes. In this case, the Florence Trials.
View attachment 585622
Italy in Roman Empire purple, Greece in Mount Olympus/Realm of the Gods green, Yugoslavia in Ustase brown.

Things of note:
Greek-administered Anatolia is notably well-off compared to most occupied territories of Greece.
Switzerland is a client state of Germany and Italy, with Geneva split into a Swiss west and an Italian Provencal east. The French State exists, but is governed from Limoges instead of Vichy.
Yugoslavia is a kingdom led by Serbian fascists. Dalmatia, Herzegovina, and Montenegro are ceded to Italy, while Romania, Hungary, and Germany partition the north. Italianization is rapid in Dalmatia-Herzegovina, with over 300 thousand South Slavs displaced.
Italian and Greek Albania are moving in opposite directions. The Italians are inclined to assimilate Albanians as part of Italy, while the Hellenist Greeks want to plunder Albanian culture altogether.
The Bulgarians are suffering a genocide on par with OTL Poland. Macedonia and Northern Thrace are akin to the Reichsgau Warthenland, while northern Bulgaria is more or less the Greek version of the General Government. Sofía and northwestern Bulgaria are annexed by Yugoslavia (think of it as the Bialystok region after the Belarusian SSR annexed it).
Big delayed reply but 1) Why are the Olympian Gods evil? It seems unlike the ones I learned about. They might turn you into a spider if you think you're better than them, but they were never depicted as genocidal. 2) How do you put a God on trial? Can't they just say no & flood the place or strike everyone with lightning if they don't want to be there? Or just leave & not care what you say when you try them in absentia? Like, these are immortal, invincible beings that control forces of nature & much more. In what universe can people win against them?

Continuing a long tradition of things that I will probably never do anything with past this crude concept, I present the following.
chinesebasednamesthing.png

The divisions of the world are largely culture based, with the exception of the Americas and Antarctica, which are both named based on some ideas I vaguely have for a story meant to accompany this map. Basically the whole world ultimately follows a path which ends up being largely more Asia-centric.
Now for explanations.
Zhongguo: Just the Chinese name for China, its inclusion of Oceania is based around the idea of that region becoming culturally absorbed into "Asia".
Tianzhu: Just the old Chinese name for India, need I say more?
Yilang: Old Chinese name for Iran, and its inclusion of the Middle-East and North Africa being based on the heavy influence of Middle-Eastern cultures and any Arab invasion type events which may have occured.
Daqin: Chinese name for Rome, which as time went on expanded to include other regions viewed as being in some derivative of Rome.
Zhoutu: Axum in Chinese. Something about Chinese explorers encountering the Kingdom of Axum, and that interaction painting Chinese perceptions of what Africa is like for centuries to come.
Xiongnu: Term referring to nomadic people who inhabited the Eurasian steppe. Region is dominated by Mongolic and/or Turkic peoples. This one is the most iffy and if I actually do anything with this concept it's very likely this region may be scrapped.
Lengshan: Chinese word for fir, a type of tree abundant in the pacific-northwest, the region I intend for the Chinese to have first landed in when they sailed east, similar case with Zhoutu in regards to it referring to the whole of the Americas.
Lengnan: The Chinese words for cold and south stitched together. Innacurate? probably, but my only real source for Chinese is google unfortunately, and if there's anyone with decent comprehension of the Chinese language I'd appreciate some suggestions for this one.

A lil wip:

wipcongress.png

This map shows the party composition of the FPTP Districts in the FNM-verse as of the 2010s. So far I've mapped out the districts for 31 states out of 51 states, amounting to 186, or ~53% of the FPTP Districts of the TL's House of Representatives.

Last edited:
Interesting, what are these two greens in Africa? one seems american territories, idk what the other is.
That sliver of British cameroons while Britain has fallen next to German Cameroon is hilarious
One is pro-America, the other is pro-Japan. Given this world's Soviet Union is preoccupied, the US and Japan are the 'anti-colonial' powers (Colonial powers with a good PR team) as opposed to Italy and Germany who remain explicitly white supremacist. Re: Cameroons, I'm thinking it's gonna be German or under a German-aligned regime, I just overlooked it haha