The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cornwall is reduced to a demilitarized rump as an olive branch to Germania after England smashes their garrison as a part of a fait accompli, it's not like they can do anything

Yes, but with Thatcher they are gone for good, the port become yours.

It seems that the only way to control all britain as a conservative England is with Jellicoe.

there's simply no need for further industrialization in England, unlike in countries like Russia and China.

I have a counter argument.

England starts still recovering from the nazi invasion and the London Uprising. Then the civil war happens, thus England is massively damaged, so the forced labour would be used to rebuild it.

I have a counter argument.

England starts still recovering from the nazi invasion and the London Uprising. Then the civil war happens, thus England is massively damaged, so the forced labour would be used to rebuild it.
A fair enough argument, I suppose. Still, I would expect for England, even after a nazi invasion, London uprising, and civil war, to still have the fundamental infrastructure required in order to rebuild without forced labor. At the very least, there's no way that England is anywhere even close to the levels of "fucked up" that Russia and China were.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, I don't think any OTL ML countries that arose out of semi-developed eastern Europe practiced forced labor to any significant degree, at least not to the extent that ML countries that arose out of undeveloped nations did. That said, I could be remembering incorrectly.

That said, I could be remembering incorrectly.
I will make it as clear as i can because i think you are missing the point that i'm trying to make.
The forced labour camps had as their objective deterrence,they were economically meaningless especialy here in Soviet occupied europe.
Edit:Also forced labour camps where a thing everywhere after the Soviet occupation,their sizes were relatively small(in general 1000+) but they did serve their purpose of inducing terror and keeping dissidents under watch.

Last edited:
Battle_for_Italy2.png

Leak from Discord.

Last edited:
I think Konev!USSR in TWR is closer to TNO's Black League with some Red paint. Along with 1984. He has 'Soviet superscience' stuff, but Konev's main thing is getting revenge on Germany and creating a totalitarian nightmare (think he also has a grudge against the Americans for not aiding the Soviets, but I may be mistaken). Essentially, the fringe science stuff is more in service to that rather than being a goal in itself. He's also very eager to use WMDs.

By contrast, Zhdanov is focused on creating a technocratic, collectivist 'utopia' through 'super science', Newspeak and apparently spreading Communism to the stars and beyond. Still shit, especially if you've received the 'honour' of participating in a science project to create a hive mind for the New Soviet Man...but not about to lob nukes at someone.
which nation do I play for those
much better, this way I won't obsessively check for a new decision

which nation do I play for those

For Zhdanov, you play as Komi, a warlord state in Russia. Voznesensky and the Democratic Coalition are in charge at first, but you can get Zhdanov to power by basically making decisions that boost his faction of the Communists Party. If you want an idea of how politics in Komi work and what getting him in charge is like, you can check out this unfinished playthrough.

Konev is a potential Soviet leader in Thousand- Week Reich, which is a separate mod. To play him, pick the Soviet Union and when Beria dies, you basically pick choices during the subsequent Communist Party leadership debate that favour Konev.

Last edited:
For Zhdanov, you play as Komi, a warlord state in Russia. Voznesensky and the Democratic Coalition are in charge at first, but you can get Zhdanov to power by basically making decisions that boost his faction of the Communists Party. If you want an idea of how politics in Komi work and what getting him in charge is like, you can check out this unfinished playthrough.

Konev is a potential Soviet leader in Thousand- Week Reich, which is a separate mod. To play him, pick the Soviet Union and when Beria dies, you basically pick choices during the subsequent Communist Party leadership debate that favour Konev.
ahhh thanks

Speer in Crisis and Borman being honestly pretty smart about Japan.

Ok, so here what I can understand

Oberlander becomes the leader of the "nazi modernizers" (like reformist Bormann) and he attempts to take over, and Remer replaces Schörner

Thus this is the second season of the TNO, with new, newer chracters

I posted this on reddit, but what are your thoughts?

Oktan's Russia: Brittany of the East
What are the chances that Russia under an Oktan-led KONR becomes one huge black market state? Oktan loves money and runs smuggling rings from RK Moskowien to Samara.

Considering how he can take over Russia after succeeding Vlasov, as well his obsession with money, what are the chances he does what the Bretons do? Mikhail Oktan copies Brittany, and turns Russia into one big Black Market State that surpasses Brittany, gaining even more profits.

I can see Oktan surpassing Brittany, that and he applies Brittany's Black Market System in a nation the size of Russia. Nations faraway from Brittany like China instead look to Russia for black market goods. Russia due to its geography becomes Brittany of the East, as many eastern nations trade with Russia instead of Brittany.

It would be interesting seeing a Black Market War between Brittany and Oktan's Russia. Where Brittany sends in Commando Strike Teams or manipulates the markets attempting to sabotage Oktan's Giant Black Market Network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.