Status
Not open for further replies.

xsampa

Banned
The Drakian military was down to 38% of its prewar forces before launching its post-apocalyptic offensive. In that offensive the Chinese dropped a dozen nukes on bases, supply depots and troop concentrations throughout the Middle East. The Drakians unsuccessfully threw themselves multiple times at the defensive lines in Europe. Even the successful invasion of Long Island came at some cost. Drakia is in no state for an invasion of a largely intact country, which I believe Russia still is. A Drakia that doesn't collapse would most certainly return and level Russia in a decade or two, but it will be struggling to keep the lights on and bondsmen subdued at home for a bit.
The logistics of Marching to Omsk....

I don't believe China nuked Russia. The opening phase had them going after Japan. The closing phase had them take out the forces advancing on India and the refrain from additional attacks on Drakia or Russia in favor of an armistice.

Edit: I take it back. Russia apparently received 19 situations in the opening phase. It's not stated, but there's a solid chance Omsk was one of them.

Last edited:

xsampa

Banned
We haven’t received any information on India but couldn’t the warlords form a crude coalition of sorts given them at the Draka just tried to invade them? Or we could get de facto Balkanized India depending on how strong Ceylonese, Muslim and Dravidian movements are.

We haven’t received any information on India but couldn’t the warlords form a crude coalition of sorts given them at the Draka just tried to invade them? Or we could get de facto Balkanized India depending on how strong Ceylonese, Muslim and Dravidian movements are.
I suppose that China and Burma are actively involved in reconstruction there, though China has a lot on her plate.

I wonder what kind of effect all these WMDs have had on the environment? I mean, everything from nukes to artificial meteors to poison gas to various diseases have been thrown around like confetti on New Year’s Day; that’s gotta be doing some damage to the biosphere. We could be looking at a complete ecological collapse and mass extinctions... maybe even extinction of the human race. Come to think of it, about the only way that you could get a truly “Final War” is if there were no humans left to fight.

I wonder what kind of effect all these WMDs have had on the environment? I mean, everything from nukes to artificial meteors to poison gas to various diseases have been thrown around like confetti on New Year’s Day; that’s gotta be doing some damage to the biosphere. We could be looking at a complete ecological collapse and mass extinctions... maybe even extinction of the human race. Come to think of it, about the only way that you could get a truly “Final War” is if there were no humans left to fight.

The next chapter will have a map of the post-war world, we'll also go into the damage caused by the war, the ongoing global ecological disaster (a long time coming, but the last war pushed it over the edge), the start of the anthropocene mass extinction,

Hmm, given there's hints of impending ecological collapse, I wonder if that will see the final failure of Societism and triumph of the liberal ideologies. Perhaps while the Draka with their indoctrinated survival-of-the-fittest mentality tear themselves apart, the remnants of the USA, India, and China recognize the need to work together and successfully pull their countries back together without too much bloodshed?

Personally I'm still betting on a few lonely souls grimly making the hajj to see Mecca for one last time before the Stone Dogs viruses/inhaled ash and toxic smoke/radiation sickness/squalid tent city dysentery kill them only to be met by the twitchy junior Agoge cadets and half-starved militia still "requested" by the Egyptian Caliph to operate martial law and quarantine in the Holy Cities and put a hold on the pilgrimage, and the almost zombie-like overwhelming human wave of grief and rage and dispair overrunning the Drakian security checkpoints and turning the eastern fronts hot again.

Last edited:
The Drakian military was down to 38% of its prewar forces before launching its post-apocalyptic offensive. In that offensive the Chinese dropped a dozen nukes on bases, supply depots and troop concentrations throughout the Middle East. The Drakians unsuccessfully threw themselves multiple times at the defensive lines in Europe. Even the successful invasion of Long Island came at some cost. Drakia is in no state for an invasion of a largely intact country, which I believe Russia still is. A Drakia that doesn't collapse would most certainly return and level Russia in a decade or two, but it will be struggling to keep the lights on and bondsmen subdued at home for a bit.
The fight against European local remnants and guerrillas, against Indian factions military, the Chinese nukes, and the fight against the US government in Long Island, plus other minor conflicts I may be forgetting must have degraded these 38% to at least a few percent less, and their orbital capability is now only an handful of atmospheric bombers (if the moon or one of the earth anti-Draka remnants find a way to shoot them down (and some normal endoatmospheric planes along the way), things might be a bit more equalized on the air front, which would eliminate one remaining Drakian strenght.

The reference to a mas extinction means that there's going be millions of species going extinct (animals and plants), and the world is going to be in a poor shape for a few tens of millenia. :( I hope that if Mankind survives on Earth, any seed banks, zoos and and hypothetical wildlife genedatabases may be used in a long term fashion to mitigate the damage (but true recovery would take long enough for mankind to be living in other star systems by then, which poses an additional problem of a limited package for future terrraforming efforts ITTL future).
Hmm, given there's hints of impending ecological collapse, I wonder if that will see the final failure of Societism and triumph of the liberal ideologies. Perhaps while the Draka with their indoctrinated survival-of-the-fittest mentality tear themselves apart, the remnants of the USA, India, and China recognize the need to work together and successfully pull their countries back together without too much bloodshed?
IMHO, the surviving Free World will see the need to cooperate free from antagonisms and rivalries, if they want to survive.

Last edited:
It's a very good idea, but it depends on the status of genetic engineering ITTL.
Further along than OTL, and even more so in the Free World. As for cooperation the world population has been reduced dramatically and all the survivors of the AfD after the Dragon's fall will have been through the same harrowing experience and nothing builds trust more than fighting together in the trenches

xsampa

Banned
Further along than OTL, and even more so in the Free World. As for cooperation the world population has been reduced dramatically and all the survivors of the AfD after the Dragon's fall will have been through the same harrowing experience and nothing builds trust more than fighting together in the trenches
Maybe a United World Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.