Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Krasnacht backstory map! The Second American Revolution in 1942.
mjmgo5csvox51.png

I agree, Hitler Unser Kampf movie was a very interesting part of Kaiserreich legacy content, it is strange to say the least to go all over the effort to make the Qing Empire realistic by allying PuYi with Zhilli and then cut hitler from the game

Different people design different things. The official line, insofar as there is any, is that the Unser-Kampf stuff attracted Nazi-types, thus necessitating the removal. It’s not a “realism” thing.

Taking out Unser Kampf is a weird move considering it's been in KR for over a decade and is a single event, the idea that it was "attracting Nazis" is pretty weird. I'll just be in the corner mourning Occitania alone, though.

Different people design different things. The official line, insofar as there is any, is that the Unser-Kampf stuff attracted Nazi-types, thus necessitating the removal. It’s not a “realism” thing.
That's pretty silly IMO. It was just a fun little allohistorical allusion about Hitler dying in a ditch in some mudpit in Belarus.

Any ideas what a Syndicalist James Bond would be like? Starring Sean Connery of course.

@Worffan101 did something similar, though it wouldn't star Sean Connery for reasons that might appear obvious...

A syndicalist spy-movie would be likely similiar to OTL East bloc spy movie. A Kundschafter für den Frieden don´t get involved in capitalist vices.

Eh, depends. Democratic Syndies seem to be fairly liberal in-setting...

@Worffan101 did something similar, though it wouldn't star Sean Connery for reasons that might appear obvious...

There is liberal and liberal. Especialy if you consider the alternative interpretation of the early Connery-Bond as a hedonistic killer, who like to use and abuse woman. I mean "Goldfinger" the book and to some degree the movie, promote the idea, "Lesbians can be "healed" by rape". I don´t think, a liberal, syndicalist society would like this idea.

Here is my take on a syndie-Bond:
sean-connery-als-commander-james-bond-portrait-man-lebt-nur-zweimal-1967-regisseur-lewis-gilbert-eon-productionsunited-artists-rprj9b.jpg

Commander James Bond, popular spy-character in the syndicalist world, here played by UOB-actor Sean Connery.
Bond is actually the fake idendity of a RED-agent, who infiltrates MI6 in Toronto during the time of the SACW and WK II. His real name is unknown, he is referenced as 007. Bond use his position to sabotage Entente actions against the UOB and to support the american CSA-comrades.

There is liberal and liberal. Especialy if you consider the alternative interpretation of the early Connery-Bond as a hedonistic killer, who like to use and abuse woman. I mean "Goldfinger" the book and to some degree the movie, promote the idea, "Lesbians can be "healed" by rape". I don´t think, a liberal, syndicalist society would like this idea.

That's a fair point :)

That's a fair point :)

Actually, on the subject of Goldfinger, Anthony Horowitz did a bit of a fix-fic of that in Trigger Mortis. Ms Galore ends up going off with a girl Bond's initially angling for - Horowitz basically goes " 'Cured' nothing, she bi y'all'. XD

Loving the Rashidi Arabia rework, going to see if there's a fun Ottoman path.

The unit limit hikes for America splinters during the civil war seem like they'll make it a little less sucky as a player in the late stages of the war, which I like.

Loving the Rashidi Arabia rework, going to see if there's a fun Ottoman path.

The unit limit hikes for America splinters during the civil war seem like they'll make it a little less sucky as a player in the late stages of the war, which I like.
I also hope that the unit limit hikes lead to an earlier 2ACW conclusion for the AI if you are not playing as an America.

So I was talking with @Gukpard over discord and I brought up something interesting on Kaiserreich and Huey Long, and thought I would share it here:

I was going through old Kaiserreich Progress Reports and Updates and found the Minor Monday on Huey and it states the following as part of the backstory:

"Huey personally ordered a black college plan to move further away from LSU, as to not spoil his idea of a white university."

This based on a story that says Long, when he heard the African American college Southern University was going to be relocated and built next to LSU, wanted to keep his white university "pure" and ordered the construction of man-made lakes where Southern University was planned to be built, so SU had to be relocated to and be built where it currently is today, Scott's Bluff.

The problem is that as far as I can tell the story is a myth.

I've looked a few times for anything beyond Reddit and forum comments on the story but have found no articles/books that talk about the alleged incident. And none of the details add up: According to Wikipedia, Southern University was built at (or at least planned to be moved to/granted the land of) Scott's Bluff in 1914, over a decade before Huey became governor. Why would the school be planned at Scott's Bluff in 1914 and be successfully built there if Huey forced the location to change with his lakes?

I know it ultimately has no impact on gameplay, but it's somewhat of an obscure myth about Long so I'm not sure why it was included. Then again, I'm "not sure" about pretty much everything in KR related to Huey but I've ranted about that before

Last edited:
Do you think we could ever get a RTS game in a similar setting to Kaiserreich? "Pure" grand strategy video games turn me off despite enjoying board games with similar aspects.

I have a question/problem with the CSA. The civil war has ended and the constitutional convention is not open. Is this normal or just a glitch? If it’s normal besides defeating the AUS and PSA what’s the other requirement to move forward as the CSA?

Taking out Unser Kampf is a weird move considering it's been in KR for over a decade and is a single event, the idea that it was "attracting Nazis" is pretty weird.
You'd be surprised how many come out of the woodwork, especially on Reddit and our Discord server. Some are definitely edgy kids and trolls, and I do think KR's older memey-style content attracted most of those, but whether this event in particular is comparable... I don't know, personally. At the end of the day it's really the choice of the people working on that particular area, as I mentioned in a previous post.

Personally I see the KR team moving steadily in a direction that's not especially concerned by precedent, or in other words tradition. On the one hand I don't like this, as I see respecting the spirit, if not the detail, of other's work as important - I respect others' work as I want mine to be respected. On the other hand, a lot of changes have a great deal of merit behind them in terms of improving gameplay, lore quality, and scenario variation. New content is almost always superior to what it's replacing, and I hope players will continue to recognize that as things move forward. Kaiserreich has always been in a state of flux, and if you want to take part in shaping it the door's (almost) always open.

Whether this is one of those changes that actually improves Kaiserreich... I don't know. But, given that those who made the decision have stepped up and played a major role in development, I think they had the right to make it. This isn't directed at you necessarily, Soup, but I think it's worth mentioning since this sort of subject comes up frequently.