As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

Beauty and the Beast already came out in 1975, so the fall of 1991 is pretty much open for anything.
All Dogs is slated for 90 because I plan to have Disney still make The Little Mermaid in 89.
I didn't know that Beauty already happened. In that case, make The Rescuers Down Under the Fall 1991 movie, and give either Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers or Adventures of the Gummi Bears a movie for Spring/Summer 1991.

Good to know that All Dogs won't get trounced by the box office. Also, that would explain why 1990 isn't an option for the release of Down Under.

PNWKing

Banned
I have an idea for a show. It centers around a girl named Emmy who can enter people's dreams, and she uses this power to make their dreams come true. I have the title as Dream Power.

Not entirely sure how the two are related.
Through some strange coincidence, WALL-E used two songs from Hello, Dolly! in its soundtrack. These two songs are Put On Your Sunday Clothes and It Only Takes A Moment.

Heck, the titular robot even used the film to color his perception of love.

Moonraker (1980 Film)
Moonraker
Moonraker-James-Bond-Roger-Moore.jpg

Released by United Artists on August 15, 1980.

Production of Moonraker was rushed by Eon in order to cash in on the space movie renaissance brought on by Fox's Star Wars films. However, the questions raised by critics about Roger Moore's advancing age have only grown louder since The Spy Who Loved Me just three years ago. Despite mixed reviews, Moonraker was UA's first box office hit since the implosion of its partnership with animator Richard Williams.​

Moonraker
Moonraker-James-Bond-Roger-Moore.jpg

Released by United Artists on August 15, 1980.

Production of Moonraker was rushed by Eon in order to cash in on the space movie renaissance brought on by Fox's Star Wars films. However, the questions raised by critics about Roger Moore's advancing age have only grown louder since The Spy Who Loved Me just three years ago. Despite mixed reviews, Moonraker was UA's first box office hit since the implosion of its partnership with animator Richard Williams.​
Me thinks this should be his swan song. Time for Dalton to debut to be honest.

Also, bit early to ask, but how is pro wrestling and the video game industry so far?

Questions submitted by @Mitch!

For one thing, there was an idea for Time Inc., the company that ran 20th Century Fox for most of the original American Magic, to open up their own studio, Time Life Pictures. Now that Fox has replaced Hyperion as Disney’s mature imprint, is this option up for consideration, and why?

This WAS a consideration, but it is pretty much dead in the water with Lucille Ball retiring from RKO-Desilu and Columbia looking for a two partners for TriStar Pictures. Time could be the second while the third is a three-way tie between Gulf+Western, MCA and Warner Communications.

Then, there’s the case of Daniel Abbott essentially telling Lou Scheimer about Bill Cosby’s real-life experiments with “Spanish Fly” by writing a “very special episode” of Fat Albert. Before he was hired by Filmation, did it, or any animation studio, know of Abbott’s own abusive father?

Flight Lieutenant Douglas Abbott's physical abuse of Daniel is pretty much well-known on both sides of the pond. Less well-known is the sexual abuse Daniel suffered at the hands of his mother, Olivia Abbott. What Olivia did to Daniel when he was between the ages of 11 and 16 would be far too graphic to type on here.

As part of his contract with Filmation, Daniel must provide documentation of any anger management or therapy he is required to attend. This due in large part to Daniel punching John Lasseter in the face at United Artists. One group Daniel attends is one for survivors of incest and sexual abuse. Another member of that group is the former Playboy bunny Victoria Valentino, who was one of Cosby's OTL victims.

After that is the rumored plan for Harry and Leona Helmsley to sell MGM to The Coca-Cola Company, should the imminent release of Heaven’s Gate bomb at the box office. Because the ad agencies of today are all about cashing in on nostalgia, how can MGM “promote” Coca-Cola?

The fate of MGM is not yet sealed. Coca-Cola will find itself in an extremely bitter bidding war with Turner Broadcasting for most of 1981.

There’s also the problem with a brief comparison, between MGM and Trump Manhattan, over which company was mishandled the most. Since the latter won’t release The Greatest Showman, which studio will, and will elements of the 1980 musical, Barnum, be included in this version?

The Greatest Showman
would likely be an early Howard Ashman/Alan Menken collaboration at another studio before Junior lures them to Disney. If not, look for Stephen Sondheim, Andrew Lloyd Webber or Tim Rice to bring that project to life sometime in the 1990's.

Finally, on a lesser note, there is the possible addition of “Time Life” and Filmation to the list of companies looking into anime distribution in the near future. Is there a list of active participants in this “arms race,” as well as movies, series, and OVAs for any of them to sub, dub, and sell?]

Filmation isn't exactly dubbing an anime in English. They're trying to create a whole new magical girl show out of thick cloth, using what they think are the strengths of Fox's Chappy the Witch, Candy Candy and Akko-Chan dubs. Not necessarily what gave those dubs their charm. Full disclosure: Filmation pretty much put John Kricfalusi and Daniel Abbott both in charge of their yet-unnamed project with the expectation that both men put aside their rivalry and work together.

One anime property in particular that has been up for grabs for sometime, has been Speed Racer.

One anime property in particular that has been up for grabs for sometime, has been Speed Racer.
I'd give the dubbing rights for Speed Racer to either Famous Studios or MGM. Famous because Disney and Fox's first anime dub was Kimba, and MGM because one of THE mainstream anime successes could surprisingly be their meal ticket to financial security. Hey, compared to MGM's fate in the original American Magic timeline, anything is a step up from that.

As for how both of Daniel Abbott's parents harmed him, I'd most definitely lie to the public and say that I was an orphan growing up if I was in his shoes, because that is assuredly messed up!

kirbopher15

Kicked
I'd give the dubbing rights for Speed Racer to either Famous Studios or MGM. Famous because Disney and Fox's first anime dub was Kimba, and MGM because one of THE mainstream anime successes could surprisingly be their meal ticket to financial security. Hey, compared to MGM's fate in the original American Magic timeline, anything is a step up from that
I would probably give speed racer to Hasbro

PNWKing

Banned
I remember in the original American Magic that there was a fight at Famous Studios over John K storyboarding an inappropriate scene in Jem and the Holograms. I wonder what would happen if John K pulled that s**t around Daniel Abbott.