Return of Horrible Educational Maps

Aside from the borders, if you zoom in you gonna notice that despite the blurriness it is obvious that Portugal is actually submerged in all maps.

Also bit of an odd choice which empires have been chosen to be displayed. Ancient Egypt I can understand (for its time it was big and populous) but the Aztecs?

Imagine some Monty-Pythonesque bureau of empire license registration or such:
"Sorry, France, you didn't meet the criteria to be counted as an empire!"
"Mais, mais, that Aztec Empire is less half the size of metropolitan France alone, with our colonies we are, like fourty to fifty times the size."
"We had to choose: on one hand a nation that regards snails as a delicacy, on the other hand daily human sacrifices to ensure that the sun will rise again. You were not cool enough."
"Merde! And I did tell Robespierre that he should have erected the guillotines in churches and make them part of the sermon..."

Schengen map unrelated

badscheng.jpg

Aside from the borders, if you zoom in you gonna notice that despite the blurriness it is obvious that Portugal is actually submerged in all maps.

Also bit of an odd choice which empires have been chosen to be displayed. Ancient Egypt I can understand (for its time it was big and populous) but the Aztecs?

Schengen map unrelated

View attachment 591511

Wow Portugal is even submerged in the Portuguese Empire map.

To say nothing about the fact they forgot a number of colonies of the Portuguese Empire, including countries that still speak Portuguese to this day

Everything else aside, the thing that bothers me the most is that their picture of Cleopatra is very clearly not Cleopatra

Come to think of it, this is even doubly wrong. Not only is the shown picture not Cleopatra, in the time period of her regency Egypt had already been a roman client for several decades, hardly a state of sovereignty you could call an empire.

Ah well, on to the next map

badlegit.jpg

Schengen map unrelated

View attachment 591511
Spanish rump government in... portugal!?
I'm loving the Swiss lesotho.

Yes, but even with that assumption some of the arrows are decidedly off target. The arrow for Henry VIII does visibly not point at neither London nor Canterbury, and most of the important stations of Luther's life were in what would be East Germany on that map yet the arrow goes clearly past it, and even if the creators of that map deemed the Diet of Worms to be the most important event... well that arrow also misses that.

Also the map is not really that much informative. They could have completely omitted those arrows and simply print the names directly into the countries.

pic unrelated

View attachment 587904
Ihave no words. At least they have South sudan....

Yes, but even with that assumption some of the arrows are decidedly off target. The arrow for Henry VIII does visibly not point at neither London nor Canterbury, and most of the important stations of Luther's life were in what would be East Germany on that map yet the arrow goes clearly past it, and even if the creators of that map deemed the Diet of Worms to be the most important event... well that arrow also misses that.

Also the map is not really that much informative. They could have completely omitted those arrows and simply print the names directly into the countries.

pic unrelated

View attachment 587904
HOld the flip up. Ethiopia has Red Sea coast line?!?!