The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

1602444651872.png

Worlda Subdivision Patches:
Morocco,Mauritania, Iraq, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan have subdivisions
An added lake in Iraq (Optional)

I don't wish to ruin the fun, and believe me, I do appreciate the basemaps a lot for I use them quite a lot myself even if I don't publish almost any alternate map here, but from what i remember the first level subdivisions used to be only for the Federal countries. Ha sthat changed? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.

I don't wish to ruin the fun, and believe me, I do appreciate the basemaps a lot for I use them quite a lot myself even if I don't publish almost any alternate map here, but from what i remember the first level subdivisions used to be only for the Federal countries. Ha sthat changed? I'm genuinely asking because I don't know.
I was planning a variation of modern day with all subdivisions, as a separate map.

worldawithcolors.png

How does this look for a fully colored, fully bordered worlda? I found this from somewhere else and made some changes to countries that weren't already bordered. I still have doubts about countries such as Guatemala, Cuba, Switzerland, and Denmark, but other than that this looks all good to me.

View attachment 589940
How does this look for a fully colored, fully bordered worlda? I found this from somewhere else and made some changes to countries that weren't already bordered. I still have doubts about countries such as Guatemala, Cuba, Switzerland, and Denmark, but other than that this looks all good to me.
For Switzerland I think it tries to depict the linguistic regions. For Denmark the Capital Region is omitted for some reason.

View attachment 589940
the subdivisions are outdated and it uses a different color scheme, but those outlines could be useful

View attachment 589940
Why don't we recolor the countries and update the divisions! Then we have a 2020 map!

Yeah, saffron is for Hindu India, but modern India is secular.

From reports I've heard coming from minority religious groups in India, that secularity of modern India happens more in the federation papers and constitution than in actual practice. Nonetheless, that light purple has been consistently used for post-partition India pretty much since the first colour schemes., and has been pretty consistent as "primary India" for earlier empires based in India.

From reports I've heard coming from minority religious groups in India, that secularity of modern India happens more in the federation papers and constitution than in actual practice.
Why is that if you don't mind me asking? Rule of law is pretty strong in atleast urban India, so a Hindu theocracy developing is as much probable as a Catholic theocracy in Brazil, atleast for the foreseeable future.