The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

i updated the ethnic qbam from a few months back
1599319989567.png

First off, I just wanted to say; I really admire your work. It's an incredible accomplishment and everybody who's worked to make the Qbams deserves a heavy hand of applause.
Just wondered though, why is there a thousand year gap before the AWoI ? Also, is there anywhere that has a record of maps from the medieval period/Early-early modern period? Specifically interested in around 1200, 1400 and 1650.

Last edited:
First off, I just wanted to say; I really admire your work. It's an incredible accomplishment and everybody who's worked to make the Qbams deserves a heavy hand of applause.
Just wondered though, why is there a thousand year gap before the AWoI ? Also, is there anywhere that has a record of maps from the medieval period/Early-early modern period? Specifically interested in around 1200, 1400 and 1650.
They are in the Q-BAM Historical Maps Thread.

A climate map of Köppen's classification that needs some polishing

Attachments

• Qbam Climate - 1.png
    Qbam Climate - 1.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 2,664
  • Qbam Climate - 2.png
    Qbam Climate - 2.png
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,129
Question: Why do some Mexican states have second- or third-level subdivisions, but the rest have fourth-level subdivisions?
Municipalities are the standard second level subdivision of Mexico. However some states merge them into larger areas while others do not.

While working on my historical map I realized that the border between Alberta and British Columbia should match with the western border of Glacier County in Montana, I would try to fix this myself, but I don't know exactly where is the problem: Canada, the US counties or both
montana.png
montana 2.jpg

While working on my historical map I realized that the border between Alberta and British Columbia should match with the western border of Glacier County in Montana, I would try to fix this myself, but I don't know exactly where is the problem: Canada, the US counties or both
View attachment 593448View attachment 593449
The placement of the reservation is the problem. Where the Continental Divide is, is where Glacier National Park is.
View attachment 593477
I don't know the relation between Reservations and National Parks, but could national parks exist within Indian Reservations

The placement of the reservation is the problem. Where the Continental Divide is, is where Glacier National Park is.
I have been revising the whole border, and I found the same problem with counties in Minnesota, however there, the difference is not that remarkable (just one pixel at first) but the further west you go, the greater the difference...

I realized that Canada borders correspond to older versions of the Qbam map, is it possible then, that the borders in Canada should be patched?

Last edited: