Explain the AH Quote

Sultan Mehamedi of Axum visits the court of Coptic Egyptian King Aleksanaros II on a diplomatic mission. The mission mostly goes well, but due to cultural differences, the Copts serve wine at a final celebratory dinner, not understanding the Sultan's religious devotion. As a result, the negotiations fall through, and the Coptic-Axumite War begins, with the Axumites conquering Caira and beheading Aleksanaros. This would lead to the annexation of Egypt into the Sultanate, and resulting in the capital being moved to Khartoum.

"You hear me? Whatever it takes, we gotta stop these Aztec bastards from taking our island!"
Cacique Agueybana II attempting to stop an invasion by Aztec mercenaries of the island of Borinquen.

'In the name of Inti, we declare the equality of all men!"

'In the name of Inti, we declare the equality of all men!"

God-Emperor Manco IX of the Tawantinsuyu Empire at the beginning of the peace talks with the Roman representatives.

"Now, we need someone who knows what they're doing. Someone who won't be scared by a few ghosts and werewolves. Were's that Siffredi guy?"

"Now, we need someone who knows what they're doing. Someone who won't be scared by a few ghosts and werewolves. Were's that Siffredi guy?"
A note sent to director Tim Burton suggesting to cast Italian adult film actor Rocco Siffredi as the lead character in his film Neapolitan Werewolf Hunter.

"Al lado de la nuestra, las mujeres moriscas son la más fermosas del mundo entero, y creo que ellas son perfectas para casarse con los índios, no solo a los sobrevivientes (de nuestros conquistas), sino también a los orfanos masculinos, cuando llegara a una edad cierta para casarse"
(
Next to our ladies, the Moriscan women [of the Sahara] are the most beautiful in the whole world, and I think they're perfect to be intermarried with the Indians, not just to the survivors [of our conquests], but also to the male orphans [of such conquests], when they reached a certain age for marrying.)
Bartolomé de las Casas

Al lado de la nuestra, las mujeres moriscas son la más fermosas del mundo entero, y creo que ellas son perfectas para casarse con los índios, no solo a los sobrevivientes (de nuestros conquistas), sino también a los orfanos masculinos, cuando llegara a una edad cierta para casarse"
(
Next to our ladies, the Moriscan women [of the Sahara] are the most beautiful in the whole world, and I think they're perfect to be intermarried with the Indians, not just to the survivors [of our conquests], but also to the male orphans [of such conquests], when they reached a certain age for marrying.)
Bartolomé de las Casas

Friar Bartolome suggesting to the Spanish King how to repopulate the Native Americans after smallpox epidemics and the Spanish conquest devastated the Caribbean.

"Today is the day we, the people of America, must stand together against a looming threat from Western Europe. The hegemonial alliance between Mussolini's Italy, Maurras' France and Alparslan's Turkey is a scourge among the many independent nations. We will not look away as France stockpiles atom bombs, we will not look away as Italy instigates antireligious violence in India, Mexico and Malaya, we will not look away as Turkey invades the Near East. Never forget what the Stalinists did to the Germans, the Ukranians, the Catholics and the oppressed people of Europe and the Near East during World War 2. Today is the day where we roll back against the hegemonic menace!"
--- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Today is the day we, the people of America, must stand together against a looming threat from Western Europe. The hegemonial alliance between Mussolini's Italy, Maurras' France and Alparslan's Turkey is a scourge among the many independent nations. We will not look away as France stockpiles atom bombs, we will not look away as Italy instigates antireligious violence in India, Mexico and Malaya, we will not look away as Turkey invades the Near East. Never forget what the Stalinists did to the Germans, the Ukranians, the Catholics and the oppressed people of Europe and the Near East during World War 2. Today is the day where we roll back against the hegemonic menace!"
--- President Dwight D. Eisenhower
President and hero of the Second American Civil War, Dwight D. Eisenhower, speaking on the formation of the self described 'Grand Axis' of Charles Maurras' Federal Kingdom of France, Benito Mussolini's Kingdom of Italy, and Arparslan Türkeş's National Turkish Republic. This marked the beginning of American's policy of supporting democratic movements world wide and Eisenhower's first major foray into international politics. The Forum of Free Nations was founded shortly after, with the chief members being the United States, the United Provinces of the British Commonwealth, Spartatcist Germany, and the Republic of China.

"A state clad in horror and atrocity dwells north of the Yangtze. We must pray it keeps its depredations to itself, and that we may meet the task should it not."

President and hero of the Second American Civil War, Dwight D. Eisenhower, speaking on the formation of the self described 'Grand Axis' of Charles Maurras' Federal Kingdom of France, Benito Mussolini's Kingdom of Italy, and Arparslan Türkeş's National Turkish Republic. This marked the beginning of American's policy of supporting democratic movements world wide and Eisenhower's first major foray into international politics. The Forum of Free Nations was founded shortly after, with the chief members being the United States, the United Provinces of the British Commonwealth, Spartatcist Germany, and the Republic of China.

"A state clad in horror and atrocity dwells north of the Yangtze. We must pray it keeps its depredations to itself, and that we may meet the task should it not."
Zhao Bing, emperor of the Song, referring to the mongol empire. The mongols were fractious, and not long lasting, but the Yuan china of the north would last two centuries. In an effort to out compete this false china, the Song would conquer much of what is now vietnam and Laos, as well as massive naval buildup and fortification. Unfortunately, both states collapsed within decades of each other in the 1400s.

"I am King of the North Sea! I will not be intimidated by a Saxon!" Christian I, King of the United Kingdom of the North Sea, duke of Brandenburg and Prussia

"I am King of the North Sea! I will not be intimidated by a Saxon!" Christian I, King of the United Kingdom of the North Sea, duke of Brandenburg and Prussia

Last words of King Christian I before his ship was sunk by a Saxon submarine. His death would lead to Saxony winning the war and incorporating Brandeburg and Prussia, finally uniting the German lands under its king George XII.

"Just kill me, I grow tired of this banter."

"Just kill me, I grow tired of this banter."
Some of the last words spoken by General and self proclaimed Emperor of Italy Napoleon Bonaparte, shortly before his summary execution at the hands of French Republican forces following his defeat in the Italian War.

"The consolidation of Europe under a federal union of national provinces, by sword or by diplomacy, was as inevitable as the fall of China."

Some of the last words spoken by General and self proclaimed Emperor of Italy Napoleon Bonaparte, shortly before his summary execution at the hands of French Republican forces following his defeat in the Italian War.

"The consolidation of Europe under a federal union of national provinces, by sword or by diplomacy, was as inevitable as the fall of China."
Textbook on the formation of the European Union via diplomacy; the textbook also discussed the collapse of China in the early 1900s due to the fall of the Qing dynasty and its partition into various spheres of influence.

"The country is on fire; invisible smoke"

"The country is on fire; invisible smoke"
The Country is on fire;Invicible Smoke was the title of a concept album by British rock band Pink Floyd, released in 1978, the albums songs would be filled to the brim with commentary on the political situation in the United Kingdom at the time. The UK in the 70s was marked by increasing anti-Asian and anti-Indian sentiment, resulting in various attacks by British supremacists against immigrants and migrant workers throughout the country. Despite that, most major British news outlets would fail to acknowledge or condemn these actions, making it seem as if the issues at the time were not noticeable.

"And as we can see from these findings, and other pieces of evidence, any and all resemblance between these ancient empires and the average German are circumstantial at best, and yet people still buy into the lies being touted by those anti-Semitic madmen in Berlin."

"And as we can see from these findings, and other pieces of evidence, any and all resemblance between these ancient empires and the average German are circumstantial at best, and yet people still buy into the lies being touted by those anti-Semitic madmen in Berlin."
Jim Tolkien, chair of eastern cultural studies at Cambridge, speaking on Imperial Germany's Akkadmania, a period in the 1890's to 1920's when appropriating mesopotamian, persian, and aryan cultures became common, influenced by it gaining control of a fair section of the Middle East.

"Envy and sloth are inherently linked. When a jealous man sees someone has something good that he doesn't, does he work to improve himself and his capabilities to gain said thing? No, he sits and stews around, cursing that man with glares and bad words."

"Envy and sloth are inherently linked. When a jealous man sees someone has something good that he doesn't, does he work to improve himself and his capabilities to gain said thing? No, he sits and stews around, cursing that man with glares and bad words."

An excerpt from a Christian Pamphlet entitled Thou Shalt Not Covet trying to combat what the writers perceived as a rise of envy in the society - and where they believed it would read. It was published in the Kingdom of New England in 1934.

"Once, I thought that all I wanted was a horizon and a horse to take me there. Then, I thought all I wanted was my Elsebetta by my side. But now... now, I know that the only thing I want, Mr. Roosevelt, is to kill you."

An excerpt from a Christian Pamphlet entitled Thou Shalt Not Covet trying to combat what the writers perceived as a rise of envy in the society - and where they believed it would read. It was published in the Kingdom of New England in 1934.

"Once, I thought that all I wanted was a horizon and a horse to take me there. Then, I thought all I wanted was my Elsebetta by my side. But now... now, I know that the only thing I want, Mr. Roosevelt, is to kill you."
Alledgedly said by John Schrank to President Rossevelt, when he infiltrated the white house in 1913, only a few months after Theodore Rossevelt edged out a victory in the 1912 election. Schrank went on to shoot the president, just a second before security tackled him, killing Theodore and throwing the nation into mourning

"This is shall be my undoing, but I pray that it may be my people's saviour!"

"This is shall be my undoing, but I pray that it may be my people's saviour!"
Said by Zhang Chunqiao in the Second Chinese Civil War. Due to a far destructive Cultural Revolution, Communist China imploded, with warlordism being rampant for the next five years. After pacifying the warlords, Zhang agreed to a white peace with the Nationalists, splitting China along the Yangtze River, and freeing Tibet and half of East Turkestan. This restored the legitimacy of the Beijing government at the cost of his position as President of the People's Republic of China.

"Captain Piotrowski, we must nuke Leiden to break through this defensive line."
"But General Carlton, we're in the middle of an oil crisis, and we don't have enough oil to conduct a bombing run without sacrificing our bombers."
"You heard it clearly, Piotrowski: Leiden, South Holland must be wiped off the map by tomorrow regardless."

An exchange between an American General and his Aide during the American Intervention into the 4th Franco-German War, waged between 1976-1979. The US joined the French side in 1978, and eventually won the war for France through aggressive use of nuclear weapons. The oil shortage was caused by the German's Ottoman, Arabian and Venezuelan nonbelligerent allies embargoing all oil sales to France and her belligerent allies, greatly reducing oil supplies.

I came here to do two things - kick ass and sign the Declaration of Independence. And I'm all out of ink.

qazse

Gone Fishin'
An exchange between an American General and his Aide during the American Intervention into the 4th Franco-German War, waged between 1976-1979. The US joined the French side in 1978, and eventually won the war for France through aggressive use of nuclear weapons. The oil shortage was caused by the German's Ottoman, Arabian and Venezuelan nonbelligerent allies embargoing all oil sales to France and her belligerent allies, greatly reducing oil supplies.

I came here to do two things - kick ass and sign the Declaration of Independence. And I'm all out of ink.
From a Michael Bay-styled parody of the US Revolutionary War, released in 2010.
On that fateful day in March 1898, the United States learned a tough lesson: You do NOT mess with the Kingdom of Hawai’i. Unless you have a death wish. In which case, go right ahead.

On that fateful day in March 1898, the United States learned a tough lesson: You do NOT mess with the Kingdom of Hawai’i. Unless you have a death wish. In which case, go right ahead.

A quote from the comedy film, Oahu Boys, starring Dustin Hoffman. The context is that Roald, played by Dustin Hoffman, is trying to explain that trashing the hotel room owned by the King of Hawaii leads to litigation.

"This isn't right. There's a pile of bodies."

A quote from the comedy film, Oahu Boys, starring Dustin Hoffman. The context is that Roald, played by Dustin Hoffman, is trying to explain that trashing the hotel room owned by the King of Hawaii leads to litigation.

"This isn't right. There's a pile of bodies."
When Constantinople fell to the Arabs in 679, Yazid I explained that victory had come to him because he was waging a just and right war. Constantine IV answered him with these famous words and before his death called on Christianity to fight the Mohammedan cult for the salvation of mankind.
Constantinople was liberated in 1453 by the Frankish Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire.

"My pain is that of the Empire itself! How can you believe that I don't suffer with my people? »

Edit: Great we skipped my message....

Last edited:

Crazy Boris

Banned
From a Michael Bay-styled parody of the US Revolutionary War, released in 2010.

Historian James Barton describing the brief American-Hawaiian war of 1898, in his book “Aloha Empire: Hawaii’s rise to dominance in Polynesia”. At the battle of Oahu on March 16, 1898, three American ships carrying soldiers for an invasion were destroyed by Hawaiian coastal artillery, of the 5,000-strong invasion force, only around 800 soldiers and sailors survived the assault, all of whom became POWs until the war’s end two months later. The decimation of the American fleet at Oahu quickly put an end to foreign interest in annexing Hawaii. In 2002, a newly discovered letter from Japanese foreign minister Hitoshi Nagafumi to Emperor Meiji dated to 1900 said “The Americans have shown us that any attempts to absorb Hawaii into the empire simply aren't worth the effort. If we were to attempt such a thing, their cannons will obliterate any force we send, especially since they have built three more since their engagement with the United States.”

“We may have accidentally killed the wrong Hitler”

Edit: my mistake, I didn’t see the posts after qasze’s. I’m going to keep my thing up because I think it’s an interesting scenario, but feel free to ignore it for the game.