Return of Horrible Educational Maps

From a Youtube video, it is almost a relief that the creator of that map didn't try to draw in more countries...

badtubevid2.jpg

Painting the world map with gold paint is a nice idea and whoever did this began rather accurate.

Unfortunately at some point the brush started to dribble...

And I guess the map maker finally gave up around Greenland.

badgreenmerc2b.jpg

"Visas and entry conditions in Korea" (from pyongyang-airport.com)
This may be not just propaganda, if US travellers are completely banned from travelling to North Korea. The lines connecting Indonesia and other nations to their islands are ugly, but seem to be just for convenience to color the nations with the fill tool in Paintbrush, and the whole website looks like it was designed in the late 90s. But what is that weird Carribean nation then? And the territorial claims are obvious propaganda, but expected.

Map of the Dutch and Danish Empires
uFTDvQlzq_vSwFQn_bfmc1Qkjea2Pdiz-.jpg

This map (Made by @Chörnyj Orel and posted in the 6th Map Thread) was in the digital textbook for my first year university Geography course. Masquerading as real history.

I caught it and sent my prof who had made the resource a note so she could inform the class and correct it, but I'm pretty sure everyone else had though this was legit.

What the hell? Someone fished this map on this forum, and included it in a textbook? What texbook was it, and if I may ask, where do you study?..
Well, digital textbook is what we’ve been calling it. It’s probably not technically a textbook because I’m not sure that it’s used for anything other then this one course but it’s formatted like one and it’s our primary reading material.

That map got copy pasted into it along with a source link leading right to this forum! Clearly the source link never got clicked.