WI:Edward of Westminster has a younger twin

So you think that Edward IV and Gloucester would just bend the knee to EoW?
No way. In the scenario who I was suggesting Edward IV was already dead and neither Clarence or Gloucester would care for Elizabeth Woodville and her daughters...
If Edward IV lives Elizabeth and her family will remain firmly on his side, but if he is dead the things will change a lot (specially without any boy)

Last edited:
Well Richard Woodville’s origins were that they were (like that of Owen Tudor) so...
And he still got a barony for his services fro the Lancastrians while his wife (widow of the King‘s uncle) had kept her status as second lady of the court (for what other reason do you believe Cecily Neville hated so much Jacquetta and the fact who her son Edward had married Jacquetta’s daughter Elizabeth?) and they were trusted and kept in consideration and loyal (well until the King of the other side became their son-in-law but at that point the transfer of loyalty was quite natural and excusable)

Last edited:
Well Richard Woodville’s origins were that they were (like that of Owen Tudor) so...
And he still got a barony for his services fro the Lancastrians while his wife (widow of the King‘s uncle) had kept her status as second lady of the court (for what other reason do you believe Cecily Neville hated so much Jacquetta and the fact who her son Edward had married Jacquetta’s daughter Elizabeth)
Being the brother in law of a king, and holding significant influence over his heir, and getting grand marriages being made for you would be better than a barony, no?

Cecily hated her for only the second reason IIRC. Seeing as she was a claimant's wife, I could see her thinking that she was the essential first lady of the realm, but hating a predecessor was IMO pretty OOC for her.

P
Being the brother in law of a king, and holding significant influence over his heir, and getting grand marriages being made for you would be better than a barony, no?

Cecily hated her for only the second reason IIRC. Seeing as she was a claimant's wife, I could see her thinking that she was the essential first lady of the realm, but hating a predecessor was IMO pretty OOC for her.
No, no that was an enmity from Henry VI’s court were Cecily, Duchess of York hated the fact who the Dowager Duchess of Bedford had kept precedence over her after remarrying. She would likely be less hostile to Elizabeth if she was not the daughter of a woman who she considered a bitter rival...

And for the first part I said and repeated who the Woodvilles would be loyal to Edward IV while he is still alive, but if he died after losing the English crown they will most likely make peace with the triumphant Marguerite, specially if Edward IV has left no son. With a baby Edward V maybe they will be tempted to keep the fight and try to rally Yorkist around him, but I do not know what results they will get. With only girls and an offer who will make Elizabeth of York wife of the Lancastrian Prince of Wales, well they would be pretty stupid to refute that as very few Yorkist will fight for them

P

No, no that was an enmity from Henry VI’s court were Cecily, Duchess of York hated the fact who the Dowager Duchess of Bedford had kept precedence over her after remarrying. She would likely be less hostile to Elizabeth if she was not the daughter of a woman who she considered a bitter rival...

And for the first part I said and repeated who the Woodvilles would be loyal to Edward IV while he is still alive, but if he died after losing the English crown they will most likely make peace with the triumphant Marguerite, specially if Edward IV has left no son. With a baby Edward V maybe they will be tempted to keep the fight and try to rally Yorkist around him, but I do not know what results they will get. With only girls and an offer who will make Elizabeth of York wife of the Lancastrian Prince of Wales, well they would be pretty stupid to refute that as very few Yorkist will fight for them
Huh, didn't know about the first detail.

Since this threads TL has been more or less resolved, I can say that Edward V will reign, and the Woodvilles will be die hard Yorkists.

Huh, didn't know about the first detail.

Since this threads TL has been more or less resolved, I can say that Edward V will reign, and the Woodvilles will be die hard Yorkists.
Yes that is a given, like will be a given who if a) Edward IV will die instead of Edward of Westminster b) the latter is still free as Anne Neville had married his younger twin c) Edward V is stillborn, died before or just after his father or is a girl and d) Queen Marguerite offered a wedding between Elizabeth of York, Countess of March and Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales, then Elizabeth Woodville, Jacquetta of Bedford and their family will accept that and renounce to the Yorkist royal titles (Elizabeth Woodville would likely be styled as Dowager Duchess of York). George of Clarence instead is likely to try to claim the crown for himself and proclaim himself as King, likely supported by his mother, brother, sister in Burgundy and father-in-law.

Yes that is a given, like will be a given who if a) Edward IV will die instead of Edward of Westminster b) the latter is still free as Anne Neville had married his younger twin c) Edward V is stillborn, died before or just after his father or is a girl and d) Queen Marguerite offered a wedding between Elizabeth of York, Countess of March and Edward of Westminster, Prince of Wales, then Elizabeth Woodville, Jacquetta of Bedford and their family will accept that and renounce to the Yorkist royal titles (Elizabeth Woodville would likely be styled as Dowager Duchess of York). George of Clarence instead is likely to try to claim the crown for himself and proclaim himself as King, likely supported by his mother, brother, sister in Burgundy and father-in-law.
A) Yorkists won't renounce titles.
B) Edward IV lives
C) Edward V is born and reigns according to OP, and is married to a daughter of Anne Neville, and Henry Lancaster

A) Yorkists won't renounce titles.
B) Edward IV lives
C) Edward V is born and reigns according to OP, and is married to a daughter of Anne Neville, and Henry Lancaster
Oh, then is a fully different scenario from the one (who was proposed) about which I was talking

I like the possibilities posed by the existence of a twin sister and a twin brother. Hmm maybe I'll fold twins into my very nebulous Lancastrian victory TL.

It would be interesting to see a TL with one either way!