WI:Edward of Westminster has a younger twin

What if apart from Edward of Westmister, Margaret d'Anjou gave also birth to another baby boy in 1453, likely christened Edmund after Edmund Beaufort? Assuming that Edward and his fate are more-less OTL, how would existence of Edmund alter the reality? Who would he marry (or be set to marry)? Louis XI likely won't waste his daughter on a son of deposed king, but some French noblewomen is likely, isn't she? I imagine that with claimant with a lot stronger rights that Henry Tudor, Edward IV's rule after Tewkesbury would be a lot less secure. @isabella @VVD0D95 @Kellan Sullivan

I think that sister would have married Edward IV. Best way to unite York and Lancaster.
If his father was still alive to get them matcged, yes that is the most probable outcome.

But Ed IV being....well Ed IV would probably chase after some more......beautiful woman, no?

Also, this age difference is wonky😑

Well, his bride is 11 years younger, so it might be a while before she becomes a mother, but still, its a good match. Much better than that useless Woodville marriage.

My guess is that he ends up the same way Edward did. No way are the Yorks gonna let him live.

But Edward was killed in action, Edmund presumably might escape Tewkesbury (or just not be present at battlefield at all, he might stay in Wales with Jasper Tudor and go to France with him, Maggie B and Henry Tudor).

What if apart from Edward of Westmister, Margaret d'Anjou gave also birth to another baby boy in 1453, likely christened Edmund after Edmund Beaufort? Assuming that Edward and his fate are more-less OTL, how would existence of Edmund alter the reality? Who would he marry (or be set to marry)? Louis XI likely won't waste his daughter on a son of deposed king, but some French noblewomen is likely, isn't she? I imagine that with claimant with a lot stronger rights that Henry Tudor, Edward IV's rule after Tewkesbury would be a lot less secure. @isabella @VVD0D95 @Kellan Sullivan

Would depend if Edmund (Henry might be likelier, if only to discourage rumours about Marguerite's fidelity) is with at Tewkesbury or not. His mother might leave him behind in France as a "good behaviour" hostage for Louis XI or HE might be sacrificed to marry Anne Neville to bring Warwick onside.

@BlueFlowwer Either way, much would depend on whether the Yorks would be able to get at him.
@CaptainShadow Edward of Westminster was kicked around as a groom for Elizabeth of York before Edward V was born, so its not an UNMANAGEABLE age difference. If Edward IV/V were to die BEFORE EoW marries Anne Neville. And even AFTER it'd be unlikely that Marguerite had ANY plan of NOT having the marriage set aside, since Marguerite tried to delay it until she had zero other options and it was probably never consummated from what I can make out.

Unless Margaret of Anjou marries her to someone else before Tewkesbury.

Perhaps she is married to George of Clarence after Clarence betrayed Edward and switched to Lancastrian side?
IIRC in OTL, Richard of York(father of Edward IV) had control over the country in 1460/61, that would be a good time to marry Edward IV to her

Also, there is NO way that Maggie is gonna settle for a second son

Last edited:
But Edward was killed in action, Edmund presumably might escape Tewkesbury (or just not be present at battlefield at all, he might stay in Wales with Jasper Tudor and go to France with him, Maggie B and Henry Tudor).
He's probably gonna die, one way or another, around the time of Tewkesbury

Would depend if Edmund (Henry might be likelier, if only to discourage rumours about Marguerite's fidelity) is with at Tewkesbury or not. His mother might leave him behind in France as a "good behaviour" hostage for Louis XI or HE might be sacrificed to marry Anne Neville to bring Warwick onside.

@BlueFlowwer Either way, much would depend on whether the Yorks would be able to get at him.
@CaptainShadow Edward of Westminster was kicked around as a groom for Elizabeth of York before Edward V was born, so its not an UNMANAGEABLE age difference. If Edward IV/V were to die BEFORE EoW marries Anne Neville. And even AFTER it'd be unlikely that Marguerite had ANY plan of NOT having the marriage set aside, since Marguerite tried to delay it until she had zero other options and it was probably never consummated from what I can make out.
The age difference comment was more of a personal thing.
And you're more or less right on the other things

Edward IV of England b 1442 d 1497 m Isabella of Lancaster b 1453 m 1505
Issue:

-Isabella of England b 1472 m James IV of Scotland b 1473
-Edward V of England b 1474 m Joanna of Castile b 1479
-Misscarriage 1476
-Richard, Duke of York b 1479 m *insert english heiress here*
-Cecily of England b 1481 m Christian II of Denmark b 1481
-Katherine of England b 1484 d 1488

Issue:

-Isabella of England b 1472 m James IV of Scotland b 1473
-Misscarriage 1476
-Cecily of England b 1481 m Christian II of Denmark b 1481
Seems nice to me, but a question, why Isabelle? Wouldn't Margaret or Catherine be more likely?

And I was in the middle of making my own one.
Damn ninjas😑

Issue:

-Margaret of England b 1472 m James IV of Scotland b 1473 [see note]
-Misscarriage 1476
-Cecily of England b 1481 m Philipp the Fair of Austria, duke of Burgundy [see note]

Note: sorry for the changes, just think there would be a daughter named Margaret and a marriage to Philipp, duke of Burgundy seems more likely than to an elected king. Could also be switched that Margaret marries Charles VIII (if no Anne of Brittany)

Another way this (EoW having a twin brother) MIGHT get even MORE interesting is if Nicolas d'Anjou still dies childless.

When he died OTL, René d'Anjou split the inheritances (Yolande got Lorraine and the comte du Maine got Provence while Louis XI/Charles VIII got the rest). With a surviving grandson, René might will things differently (designating his grandson instead of his nephew as heir to Provence (and technically) Naples).