Staring Lionhard Capper as Chuck Oswald!
30B3875F-A6C8-4391-8FDE-D47CDA52702C.jpeg

(I’m sorry, not sorry)

Last edited:
I'm honestly surprised no one has mentioned Forrest Gump yet considering it would be a great way to show as America transitions from Steel's Republican Union to that of Oswald's New United States to the fall of Oswald and beyond.

Inspired by Napo's parodies:

Cokie-American Aristocrat/Businessman: "That MDP scumbag defiled my daughter. I want him dead."

Chancellor Gamble: "That I cannot do."

Businessman: "I will give you anything you ask."

Gamble: "We've known each other many years, and this is the first time you've ever come to me for counsel. I can't remember the last time y'all had me over for a glass of sweet tea. Even though my wife is godmomma to your only child. But let's be honest, you never wanted my friendship. And you thought you were too good to be in my debt."

Businessman: "I just wanted to do what was best for my family and I."

Gamble: "I understand. You found paradise in America. Big paycheck, big cars, a big house, mistresses for each day of the week. You didn't need your Cackalacky homeland, and certainly not her old-fashioned ruler. But now you come to me and say "Chancellor Gamble, give me justice!" But you don't ask with gentlemanly respect. You don't offer friendship. You don't even think to call me Your Excellency. Instead, you come into my house, the House Jackson Built, on the day my baby girl is to be married, and ask me to commit murder in return for a trade concession."

Businessman: "I ask you for justice."

Gamble: "That ain't justice. Your daughter ain't hardly even Cackalacky no more."

Businessman: "Then make em suffer! What deal do you want?"

Gamble: "Sweet Lord, Sweet Lord. What have I ever done to make you so disrespectful towards me boy? If you'd come to me as a friend, that low-down trashy Fashy would be squealin like a pig right now. And if honest folks like y'all were to make enemies anywhere in this wide, wide Free World, they'd become my enemies. Then, excepting only the highest echelons of Yankee power, everyone would fear you."

Businessman: "Be my friend?"

*Gamble looks wistfully out the window, sipping on bourbon*

Businessman: *quietly* "Your Excellency?"

*Gamble turns, grabs a small Moon and Stars flag of his desk and presents it to the businessman. He kisses it and quietly says "Hark the Sound."

Gamble: *nodding* "Good. Good. Some day, I might call upon you to perform a task on behalf of my family, or our great Presbyterian Fatherland. That day might never come. But till then, accept this justice as a gift from your Chancellor and Fatherland on my daughter's wedding day. Now, don't be a stranger! All y'all should come down soon! I insist."

Ficboy

Banned
Okay, so it turns out I forgot, among others, American Pyscho, Apocalypse Now, Wolf of Wall Street, and Bioshock. I have been and continue to use them for inspiration. I actually haven't seen Wolf in its entirety, but I am very familiar with the entire plot. Also, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, which I even parodied the trailer of in Vol I. Which I will post again because it tremendously entertained me:

*wealthy dinner for MDP elites*

Nixon: "I'm Dick Nixon. It is a pleasure, Mr. Goldstein."

Goldstein: "Call me Midas. That your son?" *laughs*

Nixon: "No, that's my associate, Leslie King."

Goldstein at dinner table: "LAST NIGHT WE WATCHED A LEE OSWALD DOUBLE-FEATURE. ALL THE SHOOTING, OI VEY! I love that stuff, you know, with all the killing."

Nixon: "Lotta killing."

LEE OSWALD AS ZAP ZEPHYR: "ANYBODY ORDER FRIED LUCKY CHARMS? FRY YOU INFEE BASTARDS! HAHAHAH!"

*scene of flickering exploitation space opera as Zap Zephyr uses a flame thrower on alien scum that are Irish stereotypes*

View attachment 583379

PHILADELPHIA 1969

Girl: "You a soldier?"

King: "No, I'm a RUMP commander."

*montage of raids and crackdowns*

Hendrick: "So you still raid Infee cells?"

King: "Still here."

Patton to Nixon: "You can do anything you want to 'im."

*montage of Chuck Oswald shaking Nixon's hand and squeezing it to the point of pain. Nixon conveys hatred as their eyes meet*

Goldstein: "I heard you could be a President, Dick. Not an Oswald gopher boy. You're better than that."

*Clip of Oswald making a fool out of Nixon on national TV as Nixon stammers*

*clip of Nixon throwing things things in his office*
Nixon: "EMBARRASS YOURSELF IN FRONT OF ALL THOSE G**-DAMNED PEOPLE! BUH-BUH-BUH AROOOO. F-"

*clip of King and Nixon standing on a portico lighting up Mortons*

King: "All right, what's the matter, Dick?"

Nixon: "It's official, old chum. I'm a has-been. Here I am, flat on my ass, and who do I got living next to me? Oswald's girlfriend? One of my company's stars!"

*clip of Mundy at ticket-booth of a Nixolodeon*

Mary-Jane Mundy: "I'm Mary-Jane Mundy. I'm in the movie."

Clerk: "You're in this?"

Mundy: "That's me! I play Princess Stareena, the Pinnacle warrior princess."

*clip of white-robbed fanatics surrounding Leslie King as a high-ranking acolyte reaches out her hand*

Acolyte: "Billy's gonna dig you."

AND THAT GOSPEL GROUP, TELLIN' YOU AND ME...

Billy Graham turns around from his Roadfuhrer and smiles at King, teeth pearly white. He holds up an AFC Standard and looks to the sky*

tenor.gif

Hendrick: "In Philadelphia, it can all change..."

*Nixon grabs revolver*

Hendrick: "...Like that."

*clip of Nixon leaving a staff car*

King: "Hey..."

*Nixon turns around*

King: "You're Dick fucking Nixon. Don't you forget it."

*Nixon snaps his finger, blows his cheeks, and does the hunched Ed Sullivan-style Nixon walk into the Presidential Mansion*
I knew it. You had Bioshock Infinite as one of your inspirations for What Madness Is This?

I'm in the middle if reading Mitch Horowitz' Occult America. Anyone who likes WMIT will love it! It even described the "Yankee Prophet of the New Jerusalem." Its history of Ouija and other toystore spiritualist items gave me some cool ideas as well.

Didn't Bioshock Infinite only come out after the original version of this started?

I knew it. You had Bioshock Infinite as one of your inspirations for What Madness Is This?

Yeah, I was already developing many of the concepts wayyy before I even knew Infinite was getting made. It's just super Americanism. The only thing I directly took as inspiration from Infinite was the Patriot-Saints being similar to statues of Father Franklin, etc. And even "Father Abe" was taken from "We are Coming, Father Abraham, 300,000 More."

So while inspiration does seep in, not as much as one might assume! Bioshock Infinite was just a parody of ultra nationalist, spiritualist 1890s America. And WMIT covers a similar topic.

EDIT: And the Klan in Infinite (can't remember the name) also influenced the Council of Jehovah a smidge, but honestly Oh Brother Where Art Thou's huge Klan ritual scene was my actual inspiration.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle if reading Mitch Horowitz' Occult America. Anyone who likes WMIT will love it! It even described the "Yankee Prophet of the New Jerusalem." Its history of Ouija and other toystore spiritualist items gave me some cool ideas as well.

Yeah, I was already developing many of the concepts wayyy before I even knew Infinite was getting made. It's just super Americanism. The only thing I directly took as inspiration from Infinite was the Patriot-Saints being similar to statues of Father Franklin, etc. And even "Father Abe" was taken from "We are Coming, Father Abraham, 300,000 More."

So while inspiration does seep in, not as much as one might assume! Bioshock Infinite was just a parody of ultra nationalist, spiritualist 1890s America. And WMIT covers a similar topic.

If you're interested in fleshing out more occult-political movements for WMiT? I also recommend the works of Gary Lachman, which deal with their intersection (especially in the 1960's).

EDIT: And the Klan in Infinite (can't remember the name) also influenced the Council of Jehovah a smidge, but honestly Oh Brother Where Art Thou's huge Klan ritual scene was my actual inspiration.
The Fraternal Order of the Raven... Honestly it's shame that the RU doesn't have it's own lamb destined drown in flames the mountains of man and bring forth a new eden. Who just so happens to be a naive girl who just wants to visit Paris.

Ficboy

Banned

So it sort of does resemble Bioshock Infinite minus the steampunk technology. I also saw you mention Star Wars as an inspiration, I'm guessing that you know the 6 Complete Saga films (not counting Disney's rehash of a Sequel Trilogy) but also Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars Expanded Universe (novels, comics, video games, animated series, radio dramas and the Ewoks TV movies).

I know it is probably not the case, but i really hope that the "Bobby" in the trailers is this TL's Bobby Kennedy.
The idea of Oswald being or at least trying to be a good older brother is kinda hilarious to me

The Fraternal Order of the Raven... Honestly it's shame that the RU doesn't have it's own lamb destined drown in flames the mountains of man and bring forth a new eden. Who just so happens to be a naive girl who just wants to visit Paris.
Oh but it will! Once Oswald's daughter outmaneuvers her idiot brother and seizes control of the New Jerusalem she'll fulfill her dream of visiting (the burned out ruins of) Paris. Elizabeth Arkham Custer-Steele-Oswald is truly the president we deserve! Our lady Elizabeth, Jev speed thy judgement!

Oh but it will! Once Oswald's daughter outmaneuvers her idiot brother and seizes control of the New Jerusalem she'll fulfill her dream of visiting (the burned out ruins of) Paris. Elizabeth Arkham Custer-Steele-Oswald is truly the president we deserve! Our lady Elizabeth, Jev speed thy judgement!
Nah that's Graham's daughter the Seed of the Second Prophet!
So it sort of does resemble Bioshock Infinite minus the steampunk technology. I also saw you mention Star Wars as an inspiration, I'm guessing that you know the 6 Complete Saga films (not counting Disney's rehash of a Sequel Trilogy) but also Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars Expanded Universe (novels, comics, video games, animated series, radio dramas and the Ewoks TV movies).
Admittedly I am working on a timeline right now that's supposed to have plausible steampunk tech during the 19th century. Though with technology advancing beyond that to the point it becomes 80/90's cyberpunk a century later with some Crimson Skies action happening in between.

Nah that's Graham's daughter the Seed of the Second Prophet!

Admittedly I am working on a timeline right now that's supposed to have plausible steampunk tech during the 19th century. Though with technology advancing beyond that to the point it becomes 80/90's cyberpunk a century later with some Crimson Skies action happening in between.
Oh? Is this TL posted yet?

Hmn... I was thinking... In the case the supercatholics are defeated... And if the Illuminist Bloc intervenes... Aaaah, so that's how Illuminism expands more to Central and Eastern Europe!

I'm the only one who hadn't still thought of it and it was actually implied or I've actually made a new theory?

An idea for whatever future Cold War expy emerges: the Free World has to rely on the non-Fundie powers (Norway, Carolina, Corea mostly) to do most of the espionage and spying hijinks. Fundamentally, they're the only powers equipped for it.

The Yankees aren't omnicompetent. Despite their immense resources and genius for conquest, they're really ill-equipped for intelligence ops outside that part of the world that is most similar to them. The ability to get into the minds and cultures of foreigners doesn't line up with the belief that everyone foreign is either part of your racial brethren who have been led astray by pope worshippers, or a race of Satanic Unpeople. The Yankees, the Brits, and the Kangas aren't cut out for it. The German world might be better, but they're probably more focused on just surviving as opposed to investing billions in a state of the art intelligence apparatus.

The Norwegians have resources, aren't under constant threat of annihilation, and have a long history of interacting with all the great powers of Europe. I imagine they'd especially be useful in the Loomie sphere, as I don't think the Presbies are capable of getting over that bigotry. The Cokies are probably more suited for Europe proper, and the various empires. Carolina might be a meme, but they're also a nation that's maintained its independence from first Virginia, and then the Yankees while building an overseas empire. They're not stupid. Plus, I imagine that they're less racist towards the Catholic world, and they might even have deeply hidden ideas about them being better than one group in particular. Another potential idea for this is that it's more than likely that the Cokie aristocracy picked up French back in the old days before the GAW, and still discreetly speaks it. The Coreans are perfectly suited for dicking around in China and Asia, or at least leagues better than Nippon.

Finally, this approach would absolutely be worth it for the sight of a tuxedo clad good ol' boy introducing himself to an ORRA liaison by saying: "The name's Bond, boy. Jethro Bond."

Hmn... I was thinking... In the case the supercatholics are defeated... And if the Illuminist Bloc intervenes... Aaaah, so that's how Illuminism expands more to Central and Eastern Europe!

I'm the only one who hadn't still thought of it and it was actually implied or I've actually made a new theory?

I actually did. IT IS TIME FOR GREATER ILLUMINIST GERMANY! AUSTRIA WILL JOIN THE ILLUMINATI GERMAN PEOPLE!

EVERY GERMAN A GOD!