WIP Map Thread

This is a WIP OTL map of the Isle of Youth, an island off the coast of Cuba (of which it is part of), that I am working on as a commission:

de1c2ur-3ed05964-fff9-443b-b74c-5b3c75ec4edf.png
Hey the Island of Youth! I have been doing a WI for if the an Alternate Bay of Pigs invasion

Things will go a bit faster this week, I hope. Just need to figure out what to do with Andean America - aliens in the Atacama?

View attachment 583105
Man, this is totally awesome! I love it!
Please finish it!

(also, for south America... what about ground sloths as beasts of burden? if dinos would be too much (whuch... wouldnt? :D)

And those hungry hobbits... have they something to do with HPL´s cannibalistic tscho-tschos?

It will get done, no fear.

And those hungry hobbits... have they something to do with HPL´s cannibalistic tscho-tschos?

The idea here is that both Tolkien and Robert Howard's tales have actual historical roots in this world, [1]and the Flores "Hobbits" were actual three foot intelligent hominims. The "they hunger" bit is my joke, based on the whole "Hobbits enjoy six meals a day, when they can get them" thing - these "real life" Hobbits aren't picky about what they eat, humans intruding on their jungle territory soon become lunch, generally never seeing them before being filled with poison darts or brained by slung rocks. (Think of the Andaman Islander in Sherlock Holmes's The Sign of Four, but less ugly and jollier when putting a *mint sauce on you.)

[1] Although there will also be Von Daniken Ancient Astronaut stuff and a touch of Lovecraft, with *Tsalal in Zealandia and *Tscho-Tschos in Sundaland.

Are the Tolkein elements based on the crackpot theory that Lord of the Rings is real and that Sauron is from Saturn and is also Sargon of Akkad and that he invented time?

Are the Tolkein elements based on the crackpot theory that Lord of the Rings is real and that Sauron is from Saturn and is also Sargon of Akkad and that he invented time?
I mean, isn't the part about middle earth being like beta earth or sm true in the hobbit universe, and also for the rest of it, pardon?

had the fun ole' idea of "Hey, what if nondescript Central Powers victory led to a vague Warlord Era for all of Europe in some indeterminate point between 1920 and 1930?"
1600147581060.png

Still a work in progress, of course.

had the fun ole' idea of "Hey, what if nondescript Central Powers victory led to a vague Warlord Era for all of Europe in some indeterminate point between 1920 and 1930?"
Still a work in progress, of course.
Sounds like an interesting project! Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the map turns out.

This is a proof of concept more than anything.
taxidermy eagle.png

The title refers to what the U.S. is like in whatever story I may or(more than likely) may not write up, made to look all nice and proper to outsiders, but that's as far as the niceties go.

Last edited:
1600384142598.png

this is only loosely based on my most recent USA game, since I don't think that dropping like 50 nukes on germany and probably have ~5% of the world's population dead between the 3 major wars is very, well, good for a map (although I might make it close to 5%, probably only 90 million)

An ASB scenario involving Classical Mythology:

Basically, Italy and Greece in 1928 became puppetized by the gods of Classical Mythology, who led both nations on an ultranationalist path. With the Nazis rising in 1933, the three nations formed the Rome-Athens-Berlin Axis.

I'll be making two maps: One set in 1944 (the height of the war), and one set in 1968 (exactly 20 years after the war ended). Similar to the Nuremberg Trials, Italian, Greek, and Olympian (aka Classic Mythological) War criminals would end up being trialled for their war crimes. In this case, the Florence Trials.
WIP.png

Italy in Roman Empire purple, Greece in Mount Olympus/Realm of the Gods green, Yugoslavia in Ustase brown.

Things of note:
Greek-administered Anatolia is notably well-off compared to most occupied territories of Greece.
Switzerland is a client state of Germany and Italy, with Geneva split into a Swiss west and an Italian Provencal east. The French State exists, but is governed from Limoges instead of Vichy.
Yugoslavia is a kingdom led by Serbian fascists. Dalmatia, Herzegovina, and Montenegro are ceded to Italy, while Romania, Hungary, and Germany partition the north. Italianization is rapid in Dalmatia-Herzegovina, with over 300 thousand South Slavs displaced.
Italian and Greek Albania are moving in opposite directions. The Italians are inclined to assimilate Albanians as part of Italy, while the Hellenist Greeks want to plunder Albanian culture altogether.
The Bulgarians are suffering a genocide on par with OTL Poland. Macedonia and Northern Thrace are akin to the Reichsgau Warthenland, while northern Bulgaria is more or less the Greek version of the General Government. Sofía and northwestern Bulgaria are annexed by Yugoslavia (think of it as the Bialystok region after the Belarusian SSR annexed it).

unknown.png

Current version of my "Draco's New Order". ASB map. But there's a guilty pleasure in drawing warlords and puppet states.
Not all puppet states are colored in, but I have all Military Territories and Internal Colonies colored. Technical Subdivisions are not outlined in the case of the USSR and Pannonian Peoples' Union, but are all outlined and colored for the ERE and France.

bismarck-3.png

Working on a cover of the GURPS Infinite Worlds setting "Bismarck-3," which was featured in the last issue of Pyramid Magazine and imo is one of the more, I guess, restrained Infinite Worlds settings (as far as history goes, anyway; there's apparently a lot more Pulp Adventure potential in Africa and Asia than IOTL). Diverging with a North German defeat in the Austro-Prussian War, this world features (per the article) a substantially stronger Bonapartist France, a similarly un-humiliated Russia (no Russo-Japanese War ITTL), and Britain deciding to take Rhodes instead of Cyprus in 1878 as a consequence of the stronger French presence in Egypt even at the time.

The elements I've added to/extrapolated from the setting are the greater British interest in Central Africa, Napoleon III's Kingdom of the Arabs, a very non-Westphalian Korea begrudgingly shared by Russia and Japan, and a different Spanish-American War that ends with Cuba's and the Philippines' statuses switched from OTL.

Last edited: