The XK-BAM map series

Well specifically I was hoping for the Congo Basin at the moment. I might need other parts of the world later on but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
good luck on whatever ur doing

Attachments

• Congo Basin.png
    Congo Basin.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 805
I have two questions.

First, why is the Caspian Sea different between 1930 and 2019? what caused it to shrink just like the Aral did?
View attachment 582357
Second, in the 2019 2K map there are missing administrative divisions for Belize, Guatemala, El Salvador, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, the UK, Iceland, Switzerland, Croatia, Bosnia, Albania, Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldova, Latvia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Jordan, the UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, Bhutan, and the Philippines.

Will it be updated soon? tell me because if it isn't then I'll try to make my own administrative divisions for use in my personal maps, not for the official 2K one.
This can be of help about the Caspian Sea levels
Caspian Sea-level changes.jpg

1600106381309.png

Little Markerwaard patch for you all

1600176443101.png

Also the 2015 proposed Venezuelan state of Esequibo,

good luck on whatever ur doing

I was hoping for a softer gradient than the normal base topographic map, as that already has info for a change every 100m, but thanks for the help nonetheless!

Last edited:
1601242098895.png

2K Bam patch for the Viceroyalty of the Rio de la Plata, around 1806 or so. Some sources cite Puno as part of Peru at the time, so in case you wanna go with that, you might wanna change the Peru-Upper Peru Border around the Titicaca to the modern border.

How did no one fix this in 2 years but on the 8k blank map in Klime's folder SA borders are still there:

1602757169818.png

In addition on the South African coast in topographic and other maps there is no black coast line

This is true on the rivers map, on the climate map, etc

Also how does a diagonal one pixel wide coastline work? Surely the coastline is rarely matching the diagonal and would be in one of the corner tiles? It seems like as nice as single pixel lines look it should be extremely rare for them to occur. For the coast line to line up exactly at the corner seems unlikely

Before:
1602757918733.png

After:
1602757978127.png

I have fixed the coastline and lakes not connected to borders but I have no idea how I'm meant to know which pixels should be water/land or water in the Eswanti/Lesotho/South Africa borders

I know this is a few hundred pixels different in size but the coast is different almost in every pixel.

What are the rulers for the three colours?

Land: 90% land?
Coast: 50% land 50% water? (This would lead to some rare tiles where this is no coast tile between land and water because the border is at the edge?
Water: 90% water

Indeed what are the rules for country borders too?

Last edited:
How did no one fix this in 2 years but on the 8k blank map in Klime's folder SA borders are still there:

View attachment 590857

In addition on the South African coast in topographic and other maps there is no black coast line

This is true on the rivers map, on the climate map, etc

Also how does a diagonal one pixel wide coastline work? Surely the coastline is rarely matching the diagonal and would be in one of the corner tiles? It seems like as nice as single pixel lines look it should be extremely rare for them to occur. For the coast line to line up exactly at the corner seems unlikely

Before:
View attachment 590860

After:
View attachment 590861

I have fixed the coastline and lakes not connected to borders but I have no idea how I'm meant to know which pixels should be water/land or water in the Eswanti/Lesotho/South Africa borders

I know this is a few hundred pixels different in size but the coast is different almost in every pixel.

What are the rulers for the three colours?

Land: 90% land?
Coast: 50% land 50% water? (This would lead to some rare tiles where this is no coast tile between land and water because the border is at the edge?
Water: 90% water

Indeed what are the rules for country borders too?
Ya this "border" between land and sea gave me a lot of confusion working on higher and lower sea levels, there doesn't seem to be a standard other then somehow some GIS program outputted them

Ya this "border" between land and sea gave me a lot of confusion working on higher and lower sea levels, there doesn't seem to be a standard other then somehow some GIS program outputted them

As a community I hope we can come together and make a decision on this . What did you end up deciding?

Edit: I made a thread on this topic I hope you can share your experience there

What is a good source to see all of the post-WWII reservoirs built in the USSR?
I don't know.
But you could go on google maps and just look at which lakes have dams at their start (Also basically all the lakes along the course of the Volga, Don and Dnieper are reservoirs.

Narva, Cheboksary, Gorky, Veselovskoye, Proletarskoye, Krasnodar reservoirs are not shown here.
Not the OP but I patched them in
Reservoirs.png

EDIT: So there are a lot of dams/hydro-plants missing on this map (referring to labels), especially in Brazil. To put it bluntly, essentially every single black pixel inside Brazil is a dam. With that in mind, I tried working on a 2nd patch, but it became way to clustered.

Last edited: