Crusader Kings III

The religion fervor system really needs to be changed. It feels pretty much impossible to stop larger religions from splintering. Punishing your religion (by giving it less fervor) for winning holy wars makes no sense. Especially Insular Christianity needs to be nerfed.

The religion fervor system really needs to be changed. It feels pretty much impossible to stop larger religions from splintering. Punishing your religion (by giving it less fervor) for winning holy wars makes no sense. Especially Insular Christianity needs to be nerfed.

The strange thing is that Catholicism suffers from Fervor problems to a degree well beyond the other large religions or ones that become large. I don't know if it has some unique flavour that causes it to bleed fervour or what, but both Orthodoxy and every religion you raise up doesn't bleed fervor anywhere near as fast, even if you give them the ability to run large holy wars.

Victorious Holy Wars reducing fervour makes absolutely no sense!
Historically the opposite was the case:
Arab Caliphate was created by a succession of Holy Wars.
Frankish kingdom was consolidated via a Holy War.
France and Spain were consolidated by pseudo-Holy wars: Albigensian Crusade and Reconquista respectively.

Last edited:
I have started several threads on the Crusader Kings 3 Suggestions Forum. I keep refreshing every few minuets to see if anyone has commented on any of them. Last night I couldn't sleep and stayed up till 3AM fleshing out ideas I have for Judaism. I don't even have the game.

I think I have a problem.

CK3 religion.png

Behold, the map of religions of CK3 ,according to an updated The Universal Religious Colour Scheme. Hell, India is a bordergore

Here are some criticisms I have when it comes to religion and culture.

First, I can't say I like how religions from Iran, India and China are all lumped in together as "Eastern". Personally, I think it would make more sense to divide them further, into "Iranic", "Dharmic" and "Oriental" (though I'm willing to hear out alternate names). Add more to justify the separation if necessary. We're already taking a good deal of artistic license with this game.

Also, why does Hellenism allow concubines? The Ancient Greeks and Romans were mostly monogamous, so you'd think that would be the default marriage doctrine.

When it comes to culture, I think it would make more sense to split the "East African" culture group into "Ethiopian" and "Sudanese" groups. Speaking of, I think Ethiopian Jews should have their own distinct culture. So should the Yemenite Jews for that matter.

Some aspects of the Arabic culture group don't make much sense either. Why is "Bedouin" treated as synonymous with Arabs in "Arabia proper"? That's not what Bedouin means, and never has been. Shouldn't Sicilian Arabs also have their own distinct culture?

Then you get into the fact that some cultures are conspicuously and inexplicably absent. There is no Scottish culture, for example, only "Scots", which I think has something to do with the Scots language. Nothing wrong with including it, but the fact that it's present while Scottish isn't doesn't make much sense to me. It also doesn't make much sense that the only Chinese culture in the game is Han. And these are just the ones that stick out to the layman. There probably should be a distinct Corsican culture, for example. Romani should probably be in this game as well.

All in all, I like the game so far, these are things I would like to see included/addressed.

I need The Historical Improvement Project Mod to be developed For ck3.

Also I need Paradox to make a patch that notifies you when your grandchildren in your own court are born

I have started several threads on the Crusader Kings 3 Suggestions Forum. I keep refreshing every few minuets to see if anyone has commented on any of them. Last night I couldn't sleep and stayed up till 3AM fleshing out ideas I have for Judaism. I don't even have the game.

I think I have a problem.
Nah Mate! That's pretty normal. :)
Obsession over a game you don't have is exactly what I do!!! :)

Also I need Paradox to make a patch that notifies you when your grandchildren in your own court are born
SMWH is coming out, but I think the rest of the mod team is not making the move, unless EMF announced something that I’m missing.

I hast Questions. Hold it. Is Tunisia Catholic? Cool...
Is that Judaism in... ETHIOPIA?!
Also, what is the Pinkish colour near the nile, and teh Purple in Syria?
Yes the Tunis county is Catholic (I personally would say that Gafsa and perhpas another county inland should be as well.)
It is actually the Haymanot Jews of Ethiopia, also called Beta Israel (Meaning House of Israel). They are not mainstream Judaism, and they made it till EU4 as Semyen.
Egypt plus Nubia are Coptic, while pruple in Upper Iraq/ Eastern Syria is Nestorianism

Yeah, HIP made CK2 SO much better. Once it comes out for CK3 I will love the game a lot more. Not to say CK3 is bad, it's just made better with HIP.

Here are some criticisms I have when it comes to religion and culture.

First, I can't say I like how religions from Iran, India and China are all lumped in together as "Eastern". Personally, I think it would make more sense to divide them further, into "Iranic", "Dharmic" and "Oriental" (though I'm willing to hear out alternate names). Add more to justify the separation if necessary. We're already taking a good deal of artistic license with this game.

Also, why does Hellenism allow concubines? The Ancient Greeks and Romans were mostly monogamous, so you'd think that would be the default marriage doctrine.

When it comes to culture, I think it would make more sense to split the "East African" culture group into "Ethiopian" and "Sudanese" groups. Speaking of, I think Ethiopian Jews should have their own distinct culture. So should the Yemenite Jews for that matter.

Some aspects of the Arabic culture group don't make much sense either. Why is "Bedouin" treated as synonymous with Arabs in "Arabia proper"? That's not what Bedouin means, and never has been. Shouldn't Sicilian Arabs also have their own distinct culture?

Then you get into the fact that some cultures are conspicuously and inexplicably absent. There is no Scottish culture, for example, only "Scots", which I think has something to do with the Scots language. Nothing wrong with including it, but the fact that it's present while Scottish isn't doesn't make much sense to me. It also doesn't make much sense that the only Chinese culture in the game is Han. And these are just the ones that stick out to the layman. There probably should be a distinct Corsican culture, for example. Romani should probably be in this game as well.

All in all, I like the game so far, these are things I would like to see included/addressed.
To add on to this, I like how they separated the Indo-Aryan and Dravidian cultures, but if you're going to do that, why not include the Adivasi too? Many Adivasi peoples were relatively autonomous until the Mughals arrived.