Return of Horrible Educational Maps

On the upside, they got the borders of Germany nearly correct in all pictures (okay they forgot the Saar region in several maps and in the 1942 one they forgot that the Nazis also had annexed Luxembourg and to flat-out count the General Government as part of Germany is a bit odd but we had much worse maps in this thread), just don't look at any other borders.

View attachment 580189

Dammit! I told you not to look at other borders!
My God.... the more you look, the more screwed-up shit you can find.... especially if you glance at the dates... it's... it's... random-access borders world! :p

Apartheid was so violent in South Africa that they managed to deform the continent.
What I love is the fact that the colors of hardly ANY of the blobby things in Africa matches the colors of the European nations that possessed them at the time... or any other time I can think of :) this map is potentially insanity-inducing :openedeyewink:

Falk

Banned
World_War_II.jpg

Not sure replacing the Caucasus with (what looks like) Bosnia would be a tremendous improvement.
You only have to worry about 3 ethnic groups trying to kill each other instead of 20
Yup. Sometimes I think of the Caucuses singing to the Balkans "Anything you can do I can do better. I can have ethnic wars better than you"...

Lmao, I think that is still supposed to be the Caucasus, just simplified and seemingly having eaten a part of the Black Sea.

Judging from the text fragments in the upper left this is probably a book for young children. Still that doesn't quite explain why they couldn't get someone who can do continents better.

badbook44a.jpg

It is "merely" a shirt design and I know that you can't properly display our solar system without making concessions towards either size or distance (and most likely you gonna have to make concessions to both) but what the creator of that shirt did...

shirtdesign.jpg

It is "merely" a shirt design and I know that you can't properly display our solar system without making concessions towards either size or distance (and most likely you gonna have to make concessions to both) but what the creator of that shirt did...
Awesome. Someone make an ASB thread about “What if the Solar System is transformed into a Klemperer Rosette?” and watch as it’s instantly dismantled in the first few posts by someone who remembers that rosette points have to be almost exactly the same mass.

There. Are. No. Words.
Awesome. Someone make an ASB thread about “What if the Solar System is transformed into a Klemperer Rosette?” and watch as it’s instantly dismantled in the first few posts by someone who remembers that rosette points have to be almost exactly the same mass.
RIP Mercury

Also how did mars perform mitosis?
It merged with Jupiter first...and hence wiped it from existence - must have been quite a cataclysm - that's probably what forced Mercury into the sun, causing it to be so blotchy... :openedeyewink:

The Lack of Mercury and Jupiter, combined with the fact that the biggest planet happens to be Venus led me to some thinking and I now think that the original labeling should have gone like that:

shirtdesignchanged.jpg

Of course still far from correct but at least the planets (and Pluto, I have to nitpick) are now in a clockwise order and at least the biggest one is Jupiter (and if one would have made it a spiral segment instead of a circle they could have easily depicted which one is the closest)

But I guess we will never know why someone decided to eff up something so much...