The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

That's interesting. So does anyone live there? Or is it just desert?
It's the product of, as many things are, British imperialism. Back in January 1899, the border between Egypt and Sudan (known as "Soudan" back then) was set at the 22nd parallel. Then, in November 1902, Britain drew another line called the Administrative Boundary to better reflect how the land was used. Bir Tawil was grazing land used by the Ababda tribe based near Aswan, and was placed under Egyptian administration. Similarly, another region, called the Hala'ib Triangle, was placed under the British governor of Sudan because its inhabitants were culturally closer to the people of the region Khartoum.

Since both countries became independent, Egypt has maintained that the 22nd parallel is the border, while Sudan claims the border set by the Administrative Boundary. This means both claim the Hala'ib Triangle and neither claim Bir Tawil, which is completely uninhabited.

Would be interesting if there was a scenario in which nation and/or a group of people claimed the area and attempted to settle there 1n order to back up their claim.
I'm pretty sure the Beja people live in both Bir Tawil and the Hala'ib Triangle.
Edit: It's actually the Ababda people

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the Beja people live in both Bir Tawil and the Hala'ib Triangle.
Interesting, so how is the legal system for them in Bir Tawil? That is to say, as they are living outside the jurisdiction of any formal nation, how are murders (and other crimes) dealt with, if at all?

Interesting, so how is the legal system for them in Bir Tawil? That is to say, as they are living outside the jurisdiction of any formal nation, how are murders (and other crimes) dealt with, if at all?
Well since legally nobody has claims to Bir Tawil, crimes could de jure be committed without consequence, but de facto either Egypt or Sudan can criminally charge you if they find out.

Well since legally nobody has claims to Bir Tawil, crimes could de jure be committed without consequence, but de facto either Egypt or Sudan can criminally charge you if they find out.
...Which would most likely be admitting the territory as theirs.

The big thing about Bir Tawil and crimes is that there's bumfuck in the way of people there. If you go to Antarctica with a friend and then kill him, you can just say "oh, he fell off of a cliff and fucking died"- same with Bir Tawil, it's not like anyone wants to police it.

Does the Spanish republicans have a colour?

They do under other colour schemes (it was a dark magenta in a few, IIRC), but the colour scheme for the NG Worlda series doesn't seem to have that. There are colours with options for "other Spanish states" though - probably best to use one of those - at least during the Spanish Civil War.

I made a Map for 1992.

1992.png

Chechnya was a de facto independent entity in 1992, but other than that the map seems to be pretty accurate.

Last edited:
Bir Tawil is, I believe, unofficially administered by Egypt. it's still in an inhospitable and remote desert, so there's not a lot of administration going on anyway

and some more since multiquote is only letting me quote 2 posts
1840 map kinda, heavily based on the 1848 map, but i tweaked some things here and there

View attachment 484605

Feedback is welcome, along with fixing whatever i inevitable fucked up
Very nice, but Italian Somaliland was occupied and administered by the British until 1949 when it became a UN Trust Territory under Italian Administration. So it should be shown like occupied Germany, Austria, northeastern Italy, Korea or Japan.

Made some changes:

Romania, Bulgaria and Hungary were also occupied. British (and I believe American) forces did not withdraw from Iran until March 1946, so it should still be shown as occupied. Changed French West Africa back to the 1942 version of the map since Upper Volta didn't exist again until 1947.

Hadn't made changes to Thailand as suggested by another user.

View attachment 467725

blank.png

My own patches to the 2017 map.
  • @tungsterismapping's subdivisions for: Iran, Saudi Arabia, Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia and Romania
  • My own patches (from a few outdated maps, plus my own eyeballing) for subdivisions of: Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Ukraine, Libya (Tripolitania/Cyrenaica/Fezzan), Sudan, Nigeria, DRC, Somalia, Pakistan, Japan
  • Croatian Herzeg-Bosnia vs actually Bosnian bit
  • Changed subdivision colors for Russia and China
  • New colors for Algeria, Western Sahara, South Sudan
  • India's Union Territories have the territory color
  • Ladakh exists now
  • Fixed Western Sahara (may have made it worse)
  • Fixed Canadian territories
  • Hala'ib Triangle is Sudan

1. you outlined crimea wrong, that's not how the outlines work
  2. i learned the hard way that eyeballing old worldas for borders is a bad idea, so we need to remake the subdivisions from the ground up (or base them off of borders from new worldas)
  3. if you're gonna update colors, at least show us what all their shades look like
  4. herzeg bosnia is not its own subdivision
  5. the hala'ib triangle is controlled by egypt, and we normally show disputed territories as part of who controls it