Alt-History Aftermath Scenarios Implied by Media

...oh dear, why did I even have to remember the insanity that is Night Probe! by Clive Cussler? It includes such nonsense as a secret 1914 agreement in which the United Kingdom sells Canada to the USA and said agreement being uncovered in 1989 -- cue the emergence of a nation called the United States of Canada. :noexpression:

Every Clive Cussler book implies vast technological advances and deep archeological discoveries which are completely forgotten by the rest of the series, right along with the beautiful love interests.

...oh dear, why did I even have to remember the insanity that is Night Probe! by Clive Cussler? It includes such nonsense as a secret 1914 agreement in which the United Kingdom sells Canada to the USA and said agreement being uncovered in 1989 -- cue the emergence of a nation called the United States of Canada. :noexpression:
Apparently Sahara has Abraham Lincoln being kidnapped and transported to North Africa in 1865 by Confederate soldiers. Don't think too hard about it...

Apparently Sahara has Abraham Lincoln being kidnapped and transported to North Africa in 1865 by Confederate soldiers. Don't think too hard about it...

As I recall, he goes willingly as an attempt to reconcile North and South, and the man assassinated was an actor. So it's even more history-befuddling than your thinking.

Also, there was the discovery of Ghengis Khan's tomb in Hawaii in another book. And the Great Library Alexandria surviving and being found in Arizona. Compared to that, the community of 250,000 Nazis living in Antarctica was pretty much tame!

As I recall, he goes willingly as an attempt to reconcile North and South, and the man assassinated was an actor. So it's even more history-befuddling than your thinking.

Also, there was the discovery of Ghengis Khan's tomb in Hawaii in another book. And the Great Library Alexandria surviving and being found in Arizona. Compared to that, the community of 250,000 Nazis living in Antarctica was pretty much tame!
There is also the Titanic being raised by balloons and sailed into New York harbor, carrying a material that nullifies nuclear weapons. The only way this makes sense is the idea that the neutralizer from Men in Black exists, along with the warehouses from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Warehouse 13 (SyFy-TV).

There is also the Titanic being raised by balloons and sailed into New York harbor, carrying a material that nullifies nuclear weapons. The only way this makes sense is the idea that the neutralizer from Men in Black exists, along with the warehouses from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Warehouse 13 (SyFy-TV).

Having recently re-read Raise the Titanic! myself: the idea for the byzanium-based missile shield is that powerful sonic emitters will cause the missiles to break apart mid-flight.

...oh yes, what about Dragon? Features such masterpieces as Japan being controlled by a group of shady businessmen and having developed tennis ball sized nuclear weapons to blackmail the United States into ceding Hawaii and California to Japan.

Ficboy

Banned
We've also got Wynonna Earp about the fictional descendant of Wyatt Earp. Officially speaking he had no children though his firstborn wife was pregnant until she and the child died of typhoid fever. For all intents and purposes in order to have the character exist, Wyatt Earp's first wife Urilla Sutherland Earp doesn't die of typhoid fever and the direct family line continues into the 21st century with Wynonna Earp being born.

Also, if it wasn't enough, in it also, (iirc), has a character, a foreign agent, from which, if not explicitly, at least, Cussler gives enough hints about his identity as for the readers could identify him as the iconic badass British agent 007. Having him make an 'apparition' as an inmate in a US high security prison (Leavenworth?)...
Also, what about 'Flood Tide'. Where aside from finding Chiang Kai-shek's shipwreck with the Nationalist Chinese government treasure also while he is tracking, a Chinese lead, human trafficking and smuggler's organization leads Pitt to Louisiana (Mississippi river). Where he (and his NOAA¿s partners) managing to, as usual, saving America from what (imo) might 'd be the most great terrorist attempt/war act...

Also, if it wasn't enough, in it also, (iirc), has a character, a foreign agent, from which, if not explicitly, at least, Cussler gives enough hints about his identity as for the readers could identify him as the iconic badass British agent 007. Having him make an 'apparition' as an inmate in a US high security prison (Leavenworth?)...
Also, what about 'Flood Tide'. Where aside from finding Chiang Kai-shek's shipwreck with the Nationalist Chinese government treasure also while he is tracking, a Chinese lead, human trafficking and smuggler's organization leads Pitt to Louisiana (Mississippi river). Where he (and his NOAA¿s partners) managing to, as usual, saving America from what (imo) might 'd be the most great terrorist attempt/war act...

Flood Tide was the book that made me stop reading Cussler, with its abundand and virulent racism. We are told that ALL immigration is a secret plot to destroy America.