The Queen is Dead!: Katherine of Aragon dies in 1518

Disgruntled Catholics killed the King and there seems to have not been a crackdown on that religion afterwards?

Such a succession of Tudor deaths too.

I guess the sequence of Monarchs means no Civil War? No Cromwell? No slighting of Castles?

Disgruntled Catholics killed the King and there seems to have not been a crackdown on that religion afterwards?

Such a succession of Tudor deaths too.

I guess the sequence of Monarchs means no Civil War? No Cromwell? No slighting of Castles?
Not a state one - it's difficult to do so when you're trying to hold the country together with a five-year-old on the throne... I do know my Old Testament, you know ;)

That doesn't mean that there weren't local anti-Catholic mobs, etc.

And yup. The Tudors are still flourishing on the throne in 2020 under Queen Cecily, with an uncle of hers as Duke of York and Normandy - that being the traditional title for the second son of a monarch, granted to her uncle upon his marriage a few decades ago. Cecily hasn't yet married, but she's still young, early twenties at most. Her younger sister, Princess Arabella is still at university, studying Celtic Studies and Languages at Lady Christina College, Cambridge. Cecily herself is in a "Will they-won't they" relationship with Lord Henry Cavendish, son of the Duke of Devonshire, but there's no signs of them tying the knot just yet...

Last edited:
Poor Jacquetta, such a hard life and then killed in a fire? :frown:
Hey she survived a lot longer than anyone expected her to.... Although admittedly I trapped myself by deciding none of them were going to die naturally and having to then find a variety of ways of killing them all off. Fire was about the only one left?!

Hoyahoo9

Donor
Thank you for your dedication, skill and perseverance as you shared this fine work with all of us. I'll look forward to your future writings.

I'm very glad to see that the Tudor dynasty lived past the 16th century. Excellent timeline, I loved every moment of it, and I have to say that reading yours played a role in me creating my own.

Boleyn Family Tree
Thomas Boleyn, Earl of Ormonde m 1499 Lady Elizabeth Howard (a)

1a) Mary 'Marie' Boleyn, Queen of England (1500-1553) m 1520 Henry VIII, King of England (1491-1551)​
  • Lionel, Prince of Wales (1521 -1575) m 1535 Christina of Denmark
- John, Duke of Monmouth (b. 1536)
- Lord William Tudor (b.1538)
- Lady Mary Tudor (b 1541)
- Stillborn girl (b.1543)
- Lord Henry Tudor (b.1545)
  • William, Duke of York and Normandy (1522)
  • Richard, Duke of York and Normandy (1524-1562) m 1538 Beatrice of Portugal
- Miscarriage (1542)
- Lord Edward Tudor (b.1544)
By Anne Cecil:
- Cateline FitzYork (b.1543)
By 'Minette':
- Henry FitzYork (b.1546)
- Madeleine FitzYork (b.1549)
- Francis FitzYork (b.1551)
  • Katharine, Queen of Scotland (1524-1554) m 1538 James V of Scotland
  • Jacquetta (1524-1570)
2a) Thomas Boleyn (1501-1508)

3a) Stillborn daughter (b.1502)

4a) Henry Boleyn (1503-1517)

5a) George Boleyn, Earl of Pembroke (b.1504) m 1521 Lady Katherine 'Kathy' Stafford
  • Edmund Boleyn, Viscount Branksome and Rochford (b.1522) m 1539 Lady Grace Fitzroy, Baroness of Upper Ossory (b. 1523)
- 12 children, nine surviving
  • Miscarriage (1524)
  • Miscarriage (1525)
  • Miscarriage (1526)
  • Lady Matilda Boleyn (b.1527) m 1546 Henry Stanley, 4th Earl of Derby (b.1529)
- 6 Surviving children, including Sir Edmund Stanley
6a) Catherine Boleyn (1506-1510)

7a) Anne Boleyn, Marchioness of Lancaster (b. 1507) m 1523 Henry Percy, Marquis of Lancaster
  • Lady Margaret Percy (b.1523) m 1536 Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond and Somerset (b.1520)
  • Lady Philippa Percy (b. 1525) m 1541 Henry Brandon, Earl of Lincoln (b. 1523)
  • Algernon Percy, Earl of Northumberland (b.1526) m 1541 Katheryn Howard (b.1521)
  • Lord James Percy (b.1528)
  • Lady Elizabeth Percy (b.1532)

Last edited:
Here's the Boleyn Family Tree as far as I know it - Katharine definitely has children with James V, but I never named any of them or decided on dates of birth for them. And yes, Pippa's husband does survive, so she does become Duchess of Suffolk in 1545.

I'll do the Tudor one in a day or two - this is more complicated than it looks!

Wonderful as always! Have I mentioned how much I love your use of older Plantagenet names? Especially Jacquetta! Though it would’ve been nice to see a Matilda or Philippa Tudor, considering that they would actually be descended from the most famous women of those names. Also, nice to see the Brandon and Fitzroy lines surviving ITTL.