Thousand-Week Reich - A 'realistic' Nazi victory scenario

It most certainly has.

Perhaps @Worffan101 would appreciate knowing this as well. For the motherland, comrade!
As for me, my first campaign will be Anarchist Korea.
Started a Zhukov run--sadly, the GCW hasn't yet started by mid-'56, with the Germans still in their power struggle. Moskowien lost but the Russian factions there are still fighting so I'm basically cleaning up the Caucasus and waiting for something to happen.

So, anyone tried 0.1 version of the mod yet?
What's your impressions if you played yet? I got some studies to do prior to the official start of the academic year (I'm a med student, so far), so I didnt really had time yet to really play and explore the mod. Played as the US, had some interesting flavor events but it felt too slow and I wanted to fight in a war (& after you elect a president in the 52' elections i felt there was too little new content for new presidents), so I switched to Germany in a new game, hoping to fight in the civil war. Without wanting to, my choices made Speer take control without a civil war! At this point I turned off the game and returned to my studies. What do you experienced if you played the mod?

Last edited:
I'm glad people here are interested in the mod!

Started a Zhukov run--sadly, the GCW hasn't yet started by mid-'56, with the Germans still in their power struggle. Moskowien lost but the Russian factions there are still fighting so I'm basically cleaning up the Caucasus and waiting for something to happen.

The civil war doesn't always happen, though that seems like a bug

We have released a hotfix already, fixing a lot of the big bugs found immediately, and another one is probably coming soon.

I'm glad people here are interested in the mod!

The civil war doesn't always happen, though that seems like a bug

We have released a hotfix already, fixing a lot of the big bugs found immediately, and another one is probably coming soon.
Thank you!

I have to say, I really like playing Zhukov, though I think that the USA is a little bit underpowered. (I know you have to keep it something resembling balanced for gameplay reasons, but I tried a Truman run and I was soon unable to build buildings or infrastructure due to lack of civilian factories almost as soon as I selected companies!)

Thank you!

I have to say, I really like playing Zhukov, though I think that the USA is a little bit underpowered. (I know you have to keep it something resembling balanced for gameplay reasons, but I tried a Truman run and I was soon unable to build buildings or infrastructure due to lack of civilian factories almost as soon as I selected companies!)

I think it's kinda supposed to be like that, it's to show that the 1950s ITTL would be more economically stagnating for already developped countries compared to the 30s of HOI4 where industrialised countries spring back from the depression to total war footing. It's also to prevent the near-exponential growth that happens in base HOI4; developped countries should have a limited linear growth in TWR.

Underdevelopped countries however can quickly grow like in base HOI4,

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
I've gotten around to a few countries in TWR, and through various coping methods I was able to stomach a Nazi Germany run long enough for the revolt that brings in People's Germany. Luckily for me, the Toronto Accord had enough of the Third Reich... y'know, existing, so they came in and helped to clean up the mess.

The main strategy once you get to the People's Germany is to hold on to Germania Berlin throughout the war and see if you can't secure a little land outside the city. If worse comes to worse, fall back and reinforce Berlin; you should be able to hold on.

Once the Allied invasion really kicks into gear you'll begin to snowball and get more occupied territories under your grasp, and if everything goes right short of bugs, you'll be the last Germany standing, and the TA will be happy enough to let you exist without instating their own reconstruction authority, trusting you to uphold your bargains at bringing freiheit to a land that could really use some after two long decades.

As for my other runs, I had a fun time with those. Anarchist Korea was a tad slow and I ended up observing the world more than doing anything to influence it, and what I like to call "Anarcho-Maoist Japan" where the students run everything... into the ground, starting a "Cultural Revolution" and ruining the economy. (Turns out that the problem with Japanese Anarcho-Maoist student-guided economic decentralization is that you eventually run out of expropriated money.) The military rebuilds itself, but I'm kind of surprised the USA didn't intervene in the mess of sorts I accidentally-on-purpose created. (My next run was a more sane social democratic Japan instead.) Can't exactly remember how my Zhukov run went, though. Probably not all that notable since I didn't get around to reunifying Russia, and the USA did the dirty work for me over in central Europe. Might have had a random crash, idk.

Not sure if it's a bug with Japan regardless of ideology but they can't research any naval technologies, but that's the only major thing I've seen. Aside from this, absolutely loving the mod so far. AP246 and the rest of the development team did an incredible job with this mod, and I look forward to seeing what the future will bring!

I have to ask: what are the economic effects on both Europe and the world from roughly thirty years of Nazism? Is there global economic and technological stagnation because of the world's industrialized economies under the control of the parasitic Nazi state? Or would other countries fill in the void as continental Europe came under increasing decline.

I have to ask: what are the economic effects on both Europe and the world from roughly thirty years of Nazism? Is there global economic and technological stagnation because of the world's industrialized economies under the control of the parasitic Nazi state? Or would other countries fill in the void as continental Europe came under increasing decline.
I'm curious too if the Atlantic Union put so much trade embargoes toward the GGR.

That's great to hear! glad you enjoy it
I see huge potential for the mod because of the countless results and ways the world can be changed from the start of the game in each game. My advice is to continue in quality writing events such as a "slice of life" events in any country & path.

St. Petersburg shouldn't even exist on the map, as nazi officials wanted to wipe it from the map completely; as this quote shows

secret instructions from 23 September 1941 said: "the Führer is determined to eliminate the city of Petersburg from the face of earth. There is no reason whatsoever for subsequent existence of this large-scale city after the neutralization of the Soviet Russia."