Stupid Luck and Happenstance, Thread III

A great chapter. Olli Bauer has come a long way from loading for gunner Kurt Knispel when their PC Justyn Piontek was busting their arses in Spain and Emil Holz sent them home for being underage. Let’s hope he makes it through the dark night and comes out the other side.

The thing is, Vicky knows that there will be pushback on the matter.

And no matter how popular the monarchy is, Louis will take flak over the matter if it comes out. If he abandons his daughter for the monarchy, he's a monster. If he stands by his daughter, he's trying to shove a certain lifestyle down the throats of Germans.

Granted there is a lot of goodwill towards the Royal Family, but even goodwill can evaporate quickly under the right circumstances.

To put it in terms with the monarchy most people are familiar with on the internet, this would be "Charles and Diana divorcing" levels of bad press for the Hohenzollerns. The British public didn't side with the Royal Family on that matter, and while not the lowest point, it did show just how quickly the public could turn on an issue.

Should Vicky have to put up with this? No.
Does Louis even want this for his daughter? No.
Are both aware that because of who they are, their own wants and desires in life have to take a backseat? Yes.

If anything, I can see the resentment between Vicky and Rea growing stronger over this, purely because it will be seen more and more that Rea gets to live the life she wants without consequence while Vicky doesn't. And sure it is all a needless drama, but who said "Stupid Luck and Happenstance" only ever has happy outcomes?

The thing is, Vicky knows that there will be pushback on the matter.

And no matter how popular the monarchy is, Louis will take flak over the matter if it comes out. If he abandons his daughter for the monarchy, he's a monster. If he stands by his daughter, he's trying to shove a certain lifestyle down the throats of Germans.

Granted there is a lot of goodwill towards the Royal Family, but even goodwill can evaporate quickly under the right circumstances.

To put it in terms with the monarchy most people are familiar with on the internet, this would be "Charles and Diana divorcing" levels of bad press for the Hohenzollerns. The British public didn't side with the Royal Family on that matter, and while not the lowest point, it did show just how quickly the public could turn on an issue.

Well, timing could help hugely there - somehow I doubt that people would pay as much attention if it came out during a moment of international crisis :p Yanno, scandal is all very well but when there's bigger fish to fry...

In all seriousness, I do see what you're saying. Though it occurs to me that - if Vicky were up for it - it's something that could be handled in such a way that does give her greater freedom. Basically, don't mention anything about it, just have her say something along the lines of she's going to be stepping down from her 'Princess-y' stuff and going to be living life on her own terms, and as such will not be getting the usual money, benefits etc. from the family. Then set up somewhere herself, get a job, her own place... Since the royal family's going through a 'Scandinaviasation process', this wouldn't be as problematic as it would have been back in the day, and while it'd cause some mild interest it'd be dropped in favour of the Next Big Thing.

Basically, 'abdication' as a Princess while still remaining in touch with/on good terms with the family.

Then if in, say, five or ten years, after Louis' abdication was done and dusted, the truth came out...she'd already have been 'separated' from the royals as an institution so to speak, plus she'd have already been known as mildly eccentric for 'abdicating', so...while there'd be interest in her, the blowback on the monarchy would be very little.

If anything, I can see the resentment between Vicky and Rea growing stronger over this, purely because it will be seen more and more that Rea gets to live the life she wants without consequence while Vicky doesn't. And sure it is all a needless drama, but who said "Stupid Luck and Happenstance" only ever has happy outcomes?

Yeah, I'd agree on the resentment.

And I mean...like I said, I imagine that even marrying Franz, Vicky can have a decently happy life - she can carry on a relationship with Anna (or A.N. Other, depending how the story goes :p ), she can also have kids, and the deal with Albrecht has it set up that aside from public appearances she'll basically be doing her own thing (and if the old bastard lives as long as he did OTL, Franz wouldn't be King of Bavaria for a looooooooong time...). It's just got its share of rather sad problems too.

And you're right - though then again, we're all guessing in the dark when it comes to P-M's ultimate plans :p

Well, timing could help hugely there - somehow I doubt that people would pay as much attention if it came out during a moment of international crisis :p Yanno, scandal is all very well but when there's bigger fish to fry...
Depends on which the public feel is the bigger fish.

Do the German people want to get involved in Poland? Do they want to keep playing the European policeman? Do they want yet another war in their lives?

Or would they rather ignore all that by going after the thoughts of a nice juicy sex scandal involving a Royal? Do they even want to go off to war for the Kaiser if the Kaiser's own house isn't properly in order?

In all seriousness, I do see what you're saying. Though it occurs to me that - if Vicky were up for it - it's something that could be handled in such a way that does give her greater freedom. Basically, don't mention anything about it, just have her say something along the lines of she's going to be stepping down from her 'Princess-y' stuff and going to be living life on her own terms, and as such will not be getting the usual money, benefits etc. from the family. Then set up somewhere herself, get a job, her own place... Since the royal family's going through a 'Scandinaviasation process', this wouldn't be as problematic as it would have been back in the day, and while it'd cause some mild interest it'd be dropped in favour of the Next Big Thing.

Basically, 'abdication' as a Princess while still remaining in touch with/on good terms with the family.

Then if in, say, five or ten years, after Louis' abdication was done and dusted, the truth came out...she'd already have been 'separated' from the royals as an institution so to speak, plus she'd have already been known as mildly eccentric for 'abdicating', so...while there'd be interest in her, the blowback on the monarchy would be very little.
Except it is her brother on the throne (or her sister if PM feels like making it be Kiki just to torture her) and that means she is still far too close to the Kaiser(en) for such a revelation to be publicly acceptable (excepting the Mulaney Rule happening) and no matter how divorced from the position she is, until it is Ferdi's child on the throne (or Kiki's) she will be too damned close.

Basically, sans Mulaney happening, Victoria is going to be in the closet for the rest of her life. Whether that is being Queen of Bavaria or living out her hardest cottage-core desire, she will be in that closet.

It is not right, but that is the world P-M has made.

Yeah, I'd agree on the resentment.

And I mean...like I said, I imagine that even marrying Franz, Vicky can have a decently happy life - she can carry on a relationship with Anna (or A.N. Other, depending how the story goes :p ), she can also have kids, and the deal with Albrecht has it set up that aside from public appearances she'll basically be doing her own thing (and if the old bastard lives as long as he did OTL, Franz wouldn't be King of Bavaria for a looooooooong time...). It's just got its share of rather sad problems too.
That Vicky will be happy isn't up for debate, at least so long as Franz isn't a dick (and we have no evidence he is yet) but whether that happiness would be greater or lesser depending on what she does with her life is the crux of the argument.

If she turned to Louis and said "I want to live on the Pacific islands for the rest of my days where no one will ever disturb me", he could make it happen, but whether that would bring her more or less happiness is what needs to be considered. Right now, she see's the future deal with Franz as the most likely to bring happiness, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have doubts.

Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if some of Kiki's insanely large Imposter Syndrome is dripping onto her younger sister, just with a side helping of "closet induced depression" with it.

And you're right - though then again, we're all guessing in the dark when it comes to P-M's ultimate plans :p
On that, I have no arguments.

I've been on the other side of the curtain, and what the author knows, and what the audience knows, are as different as night and day.

Depends on which the public feel is the bigger fish.

Do the German people want to get involved in Poland? Do they want to keep playing the European policeman? Do they want yet another war in their lives?

Or would they rather ignore all that by going after the thoughts of a nice juicy sex scandal involving a Royal? Do they even want to go off to war for the Kaiser if the Kaiser's own house isn't properly in order?

Fair point. I mean, I'd assume the Polish issue specifically would attract patriotism and what have you because Germans are involved, but...that is a fair point.

Except it is her brother on the throne (or her sister if PM feels like making it be Kiki just to torture her) and that means she is still far too close to the Kaiser(en) for such a revelation to be publicly acceptable (excepting the Mulaney Rule happening) and no matter how divorced from the position she is, until it is Ferdi's child on the throne (or Kiki's) she will be too damned close.

Basically, sans Mulaney happening, Victoria is going to be in the closet for the rest of her life. Whether that is being Queen of Bavaria or living out her hardest cottage-core desire, she will be in that closet.

It is not right, but that is the world P-M has made.

True enough... Sadly.

...and I may be exposing myself as totally ignorant, but what's the Mulaney Rule? Googling it just gives me a comedian...

[I'd dispute 'the rest of her life', though - she might decide as an old woman in the 2010s, to come clean, if Louis, Albrecht and Franz are all dead and buried and her prospective child is already Monarch of Bavaria and is happy to have her go ahead. She might go 'Yeah, that's how it is, it was arranged this way...so what? My kid's indisputably born of me and Franz, within wedlock, they're already crowned...suck it, world' (only more diplomatically) Cue human interest story, someone doing a film, Vicky retrospectively becoming somewhat of an icon...]

That Vicky will be happy isn't up for debate, at least so long as Franz isn't a dick (and we have no evidence he is yet) but whether that happiness would be greater or lesser depending on what she does with her life is the crux of the argument.

Oh, for sure. And so far, the two of them seem to actually be becoming friends, so that's a positive sign. As long as he's decent, they have a friendly relationship and at least get on OK with each other's 'particular friends', she should have a fairly OK life. Again, better than many royals in her situation.

If she turned to Louis and said "I want to live on the Pacific islands for the rest of my days where no one will ever disturb me", he could make it happen, but whether that would bring her more or less happiness is what needs to be considered. Right now, she see's the future deal with Franz as the most likely to bring happiness, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have doubts.

Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if some of Kiki's insanely large Imposter Syndrome is dripping onto her younger sister, just with a side helping of "closet induced depression" with it.

Very true.

And I wouldn't be surprised either...

On that, I have no arguments.

I've been on the other side of the curtain, and what the author knows, and what the audience knows, are as different as night and day.

Oh, this is very true.

For all we know, P-M's plan could be that the entire family dies in some kind of RL version of Summerhall :p I mean, the readership would riot, but for all we know it could happen XD

Fair point. I mean, I'd assume the Polish issue specifically would attract patriotism and what have you because Germans are involved, but...that is a fair point.
Not to always bring things back to our little island, but, The Troubles didn't distract the UK from all scandals involving the British Government/Royal Family. And this is pretty much a Troubles situation.

True enough... Sadly.

...and I may be exposing myself as totally ignorant, but what's the Mulaney Rule? Googling it just gives me a comedian...
John Mulaney is a comedian. In one of his sets he has a routine about not wanting to talk about something awkward with his family, the important part of the routine (The Mulaney Rule) is that "I don't want to talk about it unless a lot of people get cool about a lot of things real fast.

So sans all of Germany getting real cool over the issue of LGBT relationships very quickly....
[I'd dispute 'the rest of her life', though - she might decide as an old woman in the 2010s, to come clean, if Louis, Albrecht and Franz are all dead and buried and her prospective child is already Monarch of Bavaria and is happy to have her go ahead. She might go 'Yeah, that's how it is, it was arranged this way...so what? My kid's indisputably born of me and Franz, within wedlock, they're already crowned...suck it, world' (only more diplomatically) Cue human interest story, someone doing a film, Vicky retrospectively becoming somewhat of an icon...]
Her mother's short life span means I'm sceptical if she'll make it to the 2010's. Kiki might, provided she doesn't die of stress related strain, purely because of her active lifestyle and moderate diet. But her sisters may not be so lucky unless they start to take up similar lifestyles.

Outside of that though, you have a valid point.

Oh, for sure. And so far, the two of them seem to actually be becoming friends, so that's a positive sign. As long as he's decent, they have a friendly relationship and at least get on OK with each other's 'particular friends', she should have a fairly OK life. Again, better than many royals in her situation.
Agreed.

Very true.

And I wouldn't be surprised either...
Thanks

Oh, this is very true.

For all we know, P-M's plan could be that the entire family dies in some kind of RL version of Summerhall :p I mean, the readership would riot, but for all we know it could happen XD
Every time he describes the Royal Family on a "factory new airliner" I keep bracing myself for the thing to fall apart in the air. Sure it's unlikely, but I'm always expecting it.

Every time he describes the Royal Family on a "factory new airliner" I keep bracing myself for the thing to fall apart in the air. Sure it's unlikely, but I'm always expecting it.

I don't see the problem, as in this particular case, factory new simply means a new plane of the current model the Lufthansa flies.

A new plane of a proven series will have the advantage of low maintenance and ought to be more reliable due to less wear and tear on it's parts.

Now if the talk was of newly introduced airplane types that would be different, but I think a plane intended to be transfered to the Lufthansa after 6 months ought to be of a sufficiently proven model.

About the airliner question, these are of proven design that have just rolled off the assembly line and have been thoroughly flight tested.

As for the question about the longevity of the various children of Louis Ferdinand and Kira Kirillovna. In OTL four of the seven are still alive at this time and they were all born in the same time period. One died at the age of 74, Michael. Another, Kira, died "after a long illness" usually that is a euphemism for cancer at the age of 60. Finally, Louis Ferdinand Junior died after an accident in OTL at the age of 32.

About the airliner question, these are of proven design that have just rolled off the assembly line and have been thoroughly flight tested.
Kinda surprised they don't just stick with one for a couple decades, and modify it more like Air Force One. Reconfiguring a plane twice a year just seems like a waste of money.

Poland is part of the German Empire with the Kaiser as the king.
Poland is from what I understand is heavily subsidized by Berlin and the German people will not tolerate the blatant discrimination and now official persecutions of German citizens by the Polish government in Warsaw.
For Germany the main concern could be the rail lines that go through southern Poland and provides a vital link to Eastern Europe and Asia and they don't want to lose control of them.
I don't think that the Polish government will want any plebiscite about the status of Poland because the areas where the new settlers went to will definitely vote to become part of Germany and for the areas that have a Polish majority and are close to the German borders they might think that being part of Germany instead of Poland may be in their best interests.
I think that there has been a massive misreading of the German government response to the ethnic cleansing in the Balkans by the Polish government and the Polish government is planning to confiscate the farms that were given to people from outside of Poland and expel them and other "undesirable" people (Jews after they pay an special tax) from Poland.
I still think a coup by the nationalist hardliners in the Polish military is a distinct possibility.
IOTL the Defense Minister of Poland in 1968 is from Polish nobility who's family was sent to Siberia and he later joined the Soviet created First Polish Army: Wojchiech Jaruzelski who brutally suppressed the Solidarity Movement in 1981.

Monitor

Donor
Kinda surprised they don't just stick with one for a couple decades, and modify it more like Air Force One. Reconfiguring a plane twice a year just seems like a waste of money.
Ah, but it is not a command plane like Air Force One... It is a civilian airplane with a buyer after the use. And we actually do not know how much it is reconfigured. New paint job is expensive, yes, but it is nothing against replacing the entire interior. I thought they simply use the first class seats for the royal family and Friends and the other, normal seats for the staff. (Or have not placed the seats yet, and thus can use it for cargo. Not much, and with huge problems, but they also do not need much...)

Having one airplane drives up maintenance cost (age). And because they essentially use a Lufthansa plane, they only pay for the paintjob (both) And maybe a small percentage of the entire cost. It actually sounds like a fairly cheap system.

ferdi254

Banned
At that time flying was a very expensive way of travel... very

and what was a first class seat back then would be incceptable as a business seat OTL

When Queen Elizabeth II flies overseas she uses a British Airway jet that has it's interior modified to accommodate her and her party then the jet is returned to regular service.
Having the Kaiser use a new jet for the first six months with a modified interior then afterwards it is put in to regular service makes a lot of sense and as an added bonus the jet could has a special badge somewhere on the fuselage marking that it was in the service of the Kaiser.

Modern passenger jets are basically big tubes with the interiors being modular to the extent that you can have passenger plus cargo on the upper deck this week, go to full cargo next week and full passenger next week. This started back in the 50’s. Interior layout for the Kaisers jet should have a mix of first class type area, maybe a small lounge/kitchen area, lesser accommodations for the less senior staff and reporters, some type of communication setup, and enhanced cargo and fuel.
The manufacturers are letting the Luftwaffe use this as the Kaisers jet and when a new model comes out we change for 6 months, then change to a different manufacturer if they have a new one that fits the spec. US does this now with the presidential limo going back and forth between Cadillac and Lincoln.

Part 111, Chapter 1830
Chapter One Thousand Eight Hundred Thirty

24th January 1968

Prague, Bohemia

It was a good day in Prague as Michael awarded medals to the first recipients of the Kepler Order of Art and Science. He had wanted to give the Order to just one man but had been warned that it would look bad, so Michael had taken suggestions about who else would be worthy of such an honor. It was their idea to have Albert Einstein be posthumously inducted into the Order and his family had been grateful when it was presented to them.

Among the living recipients, the first went to Miloš Forman, a Film Director whose work in Babelsburg and now Prague were considered groundbreaking. Michael hadn’t had time to watch movies in years, so he had not had much to say to the man other than to congratulate him and give thanks on behalf of Bohemia. Next was Doctor Maja Kozel, an Epidemiologist whose tireless efforts against communicable disease was highly regarded. It was hoped that the recognition that the medal would bring would help provide more resources for her work. Finally, there was Gotthard Glas, a weapons designer whose work Michael was familiar with. A couple years earlier Michael had asked Brno for one thing, to build a new machine pistol that was comparatively good as the vaunted but expensive MP5 for vehicle crews and rear support units at a much lower price per unit. It had been Glas who had delivered, and the machine pistol had been issued widely.

It made for an enjoyable afternoon.

Unfortunately, like a black cloud on the horizon, Kurt Knispel entered the reception afterwards. He wanted to talk about a letter that he had received from an old friend who had gotten himself in a fix in Poland. A fix that he had played a large role in getting his friend into.

“I don’t know what you expect me to do about it” Michael said, “Poland enjoys the same sort of sovereignty as Bohemia does. That includes not having others mess about in internal matters. Do I need to tell you that us getting involved in a matter like this would essentially be escalating it into a civil war?”

“So, you are saying that we cannot do anything?” Kurt asked.

“This Olli Bauer, how much do you trust him?” Michael asked in reply. An idea had occurred to him; the machine pistol wasn’t the only untested toy that he had at his disposal. This was an excellent opportunity to see how they performed in actual combat.

“With my life” Kurt answered, “He was the Loader in my Panzer in Spain and throughout the Soviet War.” Michael understood, a Panzer’s crew had to be a tight knit unit to survive for any length of time. Kurt’s crew had been together for years and their accomplishments bordered on miraculous.

“There are a few possibilities” Michael said, “But they will require everyone involved to keep their mouths shut about it, probably for a long time afterwards.”

Kurt looked at Michael eagerly, he knew that half of something was always better than all of nothing.

Jena

Of all the insulting things that could have happened to Kiki this had to be the worst. It being in the middle of winter, she had been surrounded by sick people and they just couldn’t keep their viral infections to themselves. That was why she was at home on a weekday feeling like death. Rather than trying to get upstairs she was sleeping on the couch in the parlor, for the last day she had alternated between being chilled to the bone and burning up. Getting up to let Rauchbier out every few hours had been as much as she had been able to do.

Kiki didn’t hear the door open when Peter Holz and Nora Berg entered, but her security detail tended to come and go. She had told them that she was sick, they had to have known that something was off though. It occurred to her that she had never bothered to know anything about them, for years they had quietly tolerated her behavior as she had treated them like an obstacle as best.

“All these years and you still don’t know when to ask for help Kristina” Berg said as she forced her to sit up and Kiki felt her shirt being lifted up and the cold metal of a stethoscope pressed against her back. “A deep breath now.”

Kiki did the best she could to follow those directions, but a coughing fit put a stop to that.

“Looks like you’ve earned yourself another stay in the hospital this winter” Peter said, as he watched.

“Why are you here?” Kiki asked, “Both of you.”

“You told your bodyguards that you were sick, and they have been watching you get worse for the last two days” Burg answered, “They called us when they got concerned.”

Who had told them to do that? How had they even gotten the phone number? Then Kiki had a fuzzy memory that suggested that she had been the one who had given it to them when they had asked.

“Oh” Kiki said, as she watched with complete detachment over the next few minutes as Burg and Peter started gathering her things.

“Do you think that she can make it out to the car?” Burg asked Peter.

“With a bit of help” Peter replied.

“What about Rauchbier?” Kiki asked, they turned at looked at her almost as if they weren’t expecting her to say anything.

“Your dog will be taken care of” Peter said, “You are the concern right now Kiki, so let us do that.”

Last edited:
Chapter One Thousand Eight Hundred Thirty

24th January 1968

Prague, Bohemia

It was a good day in Prague as Michael awarded medals to the first recipients of the Kepler Order of Art and Science. He had wanted to give the Order to just one man but had been warned that it would look bad, so Michael had taken suggestions about who else would be worthy of such an honor. It was their idea to have Albert Einstein be posthumously inducted into the Order and his family had been grateful when it was presented to them.

Among the living recipients, the first went to Miloš Forman, a Film Director whose work in Babelsburg and now Prague were considered groundbreaking. Michael hadn’t had time to watch movies in years, so he had not had much to say to the man other than to congratulate him and give thanks on behalf of Bohemia. Next was Doctor Maja Kozel, an Epidemiologist whose tireless efforts against communicable disease was highly regarded. It was hoped that the recognition that the medal would bring would help provide more resources for her work. Finally, there was Gotthard Glas, a weapons designer whose work Michael was familiar with. A couple years earlier Michael had asked Brno for one thing, to build a new machine pistol that was comparatively good as the vaunted but expensive MP5 for vehicle crews and rear support units at a much lower price per unit. It had been Glas who had delivered, and the machine pistol had been issued widely.

It made for an enjoyable afternoon.

Unfortunately, like a black cloud on the horizon, Kurt Knispel entered the reception afterwards. He wanted to talk about a letter that he had received from an old friend who had gotten himself in a fix in Poland. A fix that he had played a large role in getting his friend into.

“I don’t know what you expect me to do about it” Michael said, “Poland enjoys the same sort of sovereignty as Bohemia does. That includes not having others mess about in internal matters. Do I need to tell you that us getting involved in a matter like this would essentially be escalating it into a civil war?”

“So, you are saying that we cannot do anything?” Kurt asked.

“This Olli Bauer, how much do you trust him?” Michael asked in reply. An idea had occurred to him; the machine pistol wasn’t the only untested toy that he had at his disposal. This was an excellent opportunity to see how they performed in actual combat.

“With my life” Kurt answered, “He was the Loader in my Panzer in Spain and throughout the Soviet War.” Michael understood, a Panzer’s crew had to be a tight knit unit to survive for any length of time. Kurt’s crew had been together for years and their accomplishments bordered on miraculous.

“There are a few possibilities” Michael said, “But they will require everyone involved to keep their mouths shut about it, probably for a long time afterwards.”

Kurt looked at Michael eagerly, he knew that half of something was always better than all of nothing.

Jena

Of all the insulting things that could have happened to Kiki this had to be the worst. It being in the middle of winter, she had been surrounded by sick people and they just couldn’t keep their viral infections to themselves. That was why she was at home on a weekday feeling like death. Rather than trying to get upstairs she was sleeping on the couch in the parlor, for the last day she had alternated between being chilled to the bone and burning up. Getting up to let Rauchbier out every few hours had been as much as she had been able to do.

Kiki didn’t hear the door open when Peter Holz and Nora Berg entered, but her security detail tended to come and go. She had told them that she was sick, they had to have known that something was off though. It occurred to her that she had never bothered to know anything about them, for years they had quietly tolerated her behavior as she had treated them like an obstacle as best.

“All these years and you still don’t know when to ask for help Kristina” Berg said as she forced her to sit up and Kiki felt her shirt being lifted up and the cold metal of a stethoscope pressed against her back. “A deep breath now.”

Kiki did the best she could to follow those directions, but a coughing fit put a stop to that.

“Looks like you’ve earned yourself another stay in the hospital this winter” Peter said, as he watched.

“Why are you here?” Kiki asked, “Both of you.”

“You told your bodyguards that you were sick, and they have been watching you for the last two days get sicker” Burg answered, “They called us when they got concerned.”

Who had told them to do that? How had they even gotten the phone number? Then Kiki had a fuzzy memory that suggested that she had been the one who had given it to them when they had asked.

“Oh” Kiki said, as she watched with complete detachment over the next few minutes as Burg and Peter started gathering her things.

“Do you think that she can make it out to the car?” Burg asked Peter.

“With a bit of help” Peter replied.

“What about Rauchbier?” Kiki asked, they turned at looked at her almost as if they weren’t expecting her to say anything.

“Your dog will be taken care of” Peter said, “You are the concern right now Kiki, so let us do that.”

What are the Wojtyla family up to? Sounds like they need some one who knows which side his bread is buttered on, and knows what the consequences of being on the wrong side.

Michael is playing a dangerous game here supplying small arms to the Freikorps and if that is found out the blowback could be enormous.
There are Bohemian citizens who got prime farmland in Poland and they could be targeted by the Polish government for expulsion.
Hopefully there is some sort of mechanism that would allow the member states of the Empire to declare an emergency in order to intervene.

Poor Kiki she just can not get a break...