TL 191 HOI4 Mod Update and Discussion Thread

This one is for the first Great War. I have only made one run with it but it seems quite ok!

But as it is still Tl-191 based, that is based on a CSA surviving and with a fighting chance, I am not sure this would work as Worffan's issue is the very basis of the TL : the US not doing historically.

I will reiterate my suggestions for the USA:
  1. Make some paths less obviously terrible.
  2. Make the Utah revolt only happen if the USA goes authoritarian.
  3. Make the military coup only happen if the USA is losing.
  4. KEEP the USA obviously superior to the CSA. There is literally no logical reason for the CSA to be anything other than an incompetent joke of a country that can only achieve limited success due to gross incompetence on the part of the USA or a player.
  5. KEEP the "get better strategies to unlock military focuses" thing, that is a great idea.
  6. Eliminate the ridiculous Texas revolt or give the USA a chance to say "no, fuck you, you don't get to get out of this by swearing up and down you had nothing to do with Featherston", because as-is this makes the war front a headache beyond all belief.
  7. If the CSA is in the Entente, the US/CS war should IMMEDIATELY spark WW2. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts.
I know that the devs aren't going to scrap Featherston despite everything about him and his regime being a bad joke, but there is a lot that can be improved.
Southern Victory will remain as accurate to the lore of the books as possible. While we more than anyone else understand the problems that creates (we're the ones who have to figure out how to make it fun after all) I have confidence that we will be able to continue to make the mod enjoyable and interesting without sacrificing accuracy.

Southern Victory will remain as accurate to the lore of the books as possible. While we more than anyone else understand the problems that creates (we're the ones who have to figure out how to make it fun after all) I have confidence that we will be able to continue to make the mod enjoyable and interesting without sacrificing accuracy.
Well, good luck! I hope that my numbered suggestions are helpful, though. :)

My impressions: winning as the USA is way too easy, and it's more than possible to have all issues resolved well before Featherston attacks. I think the military tree length should be doubled, so that way the US army is still a bit of a mess by the time the Confederates come. As it stands I was able to conquer the South before 1942

Yeah, the South needs to be beefed up, both to fit the cannon and because it's realistic.

Faeelin

Banned
Except the game doesn't show the Texas revolt as it was in the book. It was a USA puppet that offered no opposition to the United states advance.

Faeelin

Banned
The main problem with Canada joining the Entente, BTW, is the British and French send their armies to America such that the British Isles are overrun by Greece. Whoops.

Yeah, the South needs to be beefed up, both to fit the cannon and because it's realistic.
Huh??? How the Hell is it "realistic" to have an authoritarian agrarian oligarchy be a peer competitor to the USA because of Turtledove's lazy and implausible handwave of "oh well the British and French gave them great deals on loans"???
The main problem with Canada joining the Entente, BTW, is the British and French send their armies to America such that the British Isles are overrun by Greece. Whoops.
This is why I support the start of war in America setting off WW2 immediately. It makes for a much less comically implausible setup.

Faeelin

Banned
Huh??? How the Hell is it "realistic" to have an authoritarian agrarian oligarchy be a peer competitor to the USA because of Turtledove's lazy and implausible handwave of "oh well the British and French gave them great deals on loans"???

I mean, the mod needs to work, and it doesn't if we ignore the books.

I mean, the mod needs to work, and it doesn't if we ignore the books.
Yeah, but you can't call it realistic if the CSA is a peer competitor to the USA in alt-1936 without major ASBs helping the South against literally every societal trend of the late 19th century.

As I said in a discussion up in pre-1900 about the books, a lot of the worldbuilding is just comically implausible even before we get to the atrocious Settling Accounts series.

Faeelin

Banned
Yeah, but you can't call it realistic if the CSA is a peer competitor to the USA in alt-1936 without major ASBs helping the South against literally every societal trend of the late 19th century.

As I said in a discussion up in pre-1900 about the books, a lot of the worldbuilding is just comically implausible even before we get to the atrocious Settling Accounts series.

Then don't play the mod? It's based on the book series.

I’m assuming “The Cycle Continues” means that the Second Great War ends with a negotiated defeat or stalemate instead of the total unconditional surrender that happened in the books. Thus leaving both nations battered but determined more than ever to rebuild and rearm to avenge themselves on the other.

Never mind, figured it out.

Successfully took out Featherston by early 1941 as Olson. I was ready for Blackbeard a year early and proceeded to roll over the CSA with ease, then joined the CP and successfully navally invaded Britain from Belgium. The Entente was done by the end of '42 and Russia was conquered up to the Urals. The Mormons still revolted like dumbasses but I had them under control with ease.

Dixie delenda est!

Brazil Starting Teaser
bra_teaser.png

Oh boy, if Southern Victory is going to be doing some much-needed shitting on the Integralists (or whatever their TL-191 counterpart is called), you have my full approval.

Integralism isn't such a thing there, instead the main aut nationalist group is the Imperial Patrinovista Action, led by Arlindo Veiga Santos (You might recognize him as the prime minister of the empire of Brazil in KR).

"So what is the difference from integralism? Especially from KR Empire of Brazil?"

Integralism is secular and a mass moviment, while patrinovism is "vanguardist" on the sense that they believe that a certain elite should rule over the people and the people taking part on the rule is a really bad idea. They are also anti secularist, while the integralists are secular. Both agree on the extreme decentralization question and on corporativism, but the patrinovists don't want to completely de-industrialize Brazil.