Explain the AH Quote

"To NATO's surprise, their expected implosion of the anarchist commune in Russia had failed to occur. If anything the giant nation was prospering even though it did not have a government."
Quote from the history textbook World History from the Industrial Revolution, covering the periods from a primarily eco-social context.

"I'm not playing God, i'm just acting on His commands."

"I'm not playing God, i'm just acting on His commands."

US president Charles Manson to his general staff, after announcing his decision to nuke the Holy Arabian League. Manson would later be shot dead by his own bodyguards before he could go through with the plan.

"Today, Milan. Tomorrow, Rome!"

"Today, Milan. Tomorrow, Rome!"
City Councilman Carlo Cattaneo of Milan, during the famed Milanese Uprising that, with the Lombardy-Venetian revolts, marked the beginning of the unification of the Kingdom of Italy. Carlo would become the first Prime Minister of Italy, and is considered one of its founding fathers.

"These United States are no longer limited to the Americas. Let us become a bulwark and umbrella of liberty for those wishing for freedom, whose countries cannot stand on their own."

City Councilman Carlo Cattaneo of Milan, during the famed Milanese Uprising that, with the Lombardy-Venetian revolts, marked the beginning of the unification of the Kingdom of Italy. Carlo would become the first Prime Minister of Italy, and is considered one of its founding fathers.

"These United States are no longer limited to the Americas. Let us become a bulwark and umbrella of liberty for those wishing for freedom, whose countries cannot stand on their own."
President Alex Johnson on the Belgian Congo annexation after the war with Belgium, 1922. Today his legacy is heatedly disputed between those who accuse him of encouraging american imperialism and those who consider him someone who fought for democracy. While is true that the situation of the natives improved considerably in the american Congo, there was still institutionalized racism in the congolese States, although many have pointed out that this was due to the circunstances and mores of the age.

"Is there a more outworldly beautiful city than Gobol Q'zalt? I don't think so"

qazse

Gone Fishin'
From the alien commander in the book "Another World", published in 1996.

"It's not that us Arabs have a problem with the Jews. The problem is that the Jews use far too much security at their borders. When I tried visiting my friend in Israel, they pulled out an army of border officers and a sniffer dog. Good grief, it felt like I was in one of those Yank comedy sketches."

"It's not that us Arabs have a problem with the Jews. The problem is that the Jews use far too much security at their borders. When I tried visiting my friend in Israel, they pulled out an army of border officers and a sniffer dog. Good grief, it felt like I was in one of those Yank comedy sketches."
Osama bin Laden, writing on his experiences after the Laylatan Zijajia, a period pogrom against non judeo-christians in Israel.

"You know a country's misogynist when imperial Britain looks at you and goes 'Whoa guys, turn that down, that's too much.'"

Osama bin Laden, writing on his experiences after the Laylatan Zijajia, a period pogrom against non judeo-christians in Israel.

"You know a country's misogynist when imperial Britain looks at you and goes 'Whoa guys, turn that down, that's too much.'"

The British Empire looking at various countries in the Middle East which never gave civil rights to women. This quote was from David Attenborough, who exposed the insides of the United Arab Emirates and Oman to the world with documentaries. This caused an international outcry at those two countries, which ended up forcing some change.

"The average Russian now only wants three things: affordable food, affordable housing, and a good salary."

The British Empire looking at various countries in the Middle East which never gave civil rights to women. This quote was from David Attenborough, who exposed the insides of the United Arab Emirates and Oman to the world with documentaries. This caused an international outcry at those two countries, which ended up forcing some change.

"The average Russian now only wants three things: affordable food, affordable housing, and a good salary."

A popular statement by Admiral Alexander Kolchak in the closing stages of the Russian Civil War, and when victory for the Whites was truly inevitable. This quote of his would later become the slogan for the 5 Year Reconstruction Program. Later in the late 20s, Kolchak would form his own political party along with several war veterans and political allies, known now as the "Russian Unity Party", with the same slogan.

"What to colonize next, Mr. President?"

"The Pacific. The so called Pearl of the Orient. The Philippines. We need to take it before Berlin does."

Last edited:
"What to colonize next, Mr. President?"

"The Pacific. The so called Pearl of the Orient. The Philippines. We need to take it before Berlin does."
A conversation between French President Charles Caron and Secretary of the treasury Micheal Bisset. For the better half of the 19th century, France has been locked in something of a colonial cold war with the German Confederacy, a cold war which would eventually culminate in a war over Taiwan in 1878.

"I know everyone thinks our nation is a joke, but nobody ever seem's to give the Austrian's a hard time when it comes to there Military track record."

"I know everyone thinks our nation is a joke, but nobody ever seem's to give the Austrian's a hard time when it comes to there Military track record."

Doge Luigi Zaia of Venice, about the poor state of the Venetian military when compared to the rest of Europe.

"See? That's what I call punishment! Say anything you want about the Krauts, but at least they know how to handle their criminals!"

Doge Luigi Zaia of Venice, about the poor state of the Venetian military when compared to the rest of Europe.

"See? That's what I call punishment! Say anything you want about the Krauts, but at least they know how to handle their criminals!"

David Lloyd George speaking about the prison system in Germany and comparing it to the almost porous system in the UK where criminals kept escaping prisons in the early 1900s. Usually any attempted escapees of German prisons died in the pursuit, hence the "say anything you want" line.

"A volcanic disaster and a sewage disaster? This is a... crappy experience."

David Lloyd George speaking about the prison system in Germany and comparing it to the almost porous system in the UK where criminals kept escaping prisons in the early 1900s. Usually any attempted escapees of German prisons died in the pursuit, hence the "say anything you want" line.

"A volcanic disaster and a sewage disaster? This is a... crappy experience."
Said by the italian Prime Minister Carlo Mazzinni on a telephonic call upon hearing news of the Napoli Sewerage Flooding of 1984, which coincided with the infamous Mount Etna eruption of the same year. Despite the gravity of both events, Mazzinni's administration accomplished saving a lot of people and managing the reconstruction works, including a renewal of Napoli's sewerage. This made him a very popular PM and got him reelected in the next elections.

"We are monsters, so that we don't become monsters. To you, this must sound pretty stupid, but you soon will understand it"

"We are monsters, so that we don't become monsters. To you, this must sound pretty stupid, but you soon will understand it"
Lt. Col. Feisal Kattan of the Arabian SABRE Unit, with regards to SABRE's controversial tactics against religious extremist resistance movements, primarily in the Arabian Peninsula and in the Sahel. SABRE was one of many units employed by the Arabian Democratic Federation against such groups. While the Federation remains committed to democracy, the harshness of their crackdown on religious extremist and nationalist elements across its vast territory remain controversial despite its success.

"The thrice glorious and thrice august Emperor Arthur of House Wellesley is crowned and enthroned. Long live the Emperor!"

Lt. Col. Feisal Kattan of the Arabian SABRE Unit, with regards to SABRE's controversial tactics against religious extremist resistance movements, primarily in the Arabian Peninsula and in the Sahel. SABRE was one of many units employed by the Arabian Democratic Federation against such groups. While the Federation remains committed to democracy, the harshness of their crackdown on religious extremist and nationalist elements across its vast territory remain controversial despite its success.

"The thrice glorious and thrice august Emperor Arthur of House Wellesley is crowned and enthroned. Long live the Emperor!"
The crowning of Emperor Arthur of House Wellesley in a what-if scenario where Wellesley became Emperor of the British Empire after a massive restructuring after the Napoleonic Wars.

"The American public longs eagerly for only two things now; a decent salary, and the National Football League."

The crowning of Emperor Arthur of House Wellesley in a what-if scenario where Wellesley became Emperor of the British Empire after a massive restructuring after the Napoleonic Wars.

"The American public longs eagerly for only two things now; a decent salary, and the National Football League."

A quote from a New York Times op-ed several months after the NFL declared bankruptcy in the midst of a catastrophic recession.

"You cannot defeat the United States. This country will return blow for blow, insult for insult, until all our foes lie humbled. Let this be a warning to all nations: If you try and catch us off-guard, if you think you can take us down, we will get back up on our feet and WE WILL BURY YOU!"

"You cannot defeat the United States. This country will return blow for blow, insult for insult, until all our foes lie humbled. Let this be a warning to all nations: If you try and catch us off-guard, if you think you can take us down, we will get back up on our feet and WE WILL BURY YOU!"

Bellowed by Richard Nixon, the Communist Ruler of the United States of America during Communist rule (Communist America: 1929-1992) at the League of Nations summit in Paris. This was clearly aimed at America's main rival, the most powerful capitalist nation in the world, the Democratic Republic of China. This quote became ironic when communism in America collapsed in the 90's and Chinese Capitalism prevailed.

"Everyone always speculated how the world would end. Nuclear war, alien invasion, zombies, disease, an asteroid, maybe even murder hornets. But they didn't predict it would be due to the spread of Immortality."

"Everyone always speculated how the world would end. Nuclear war, alien invasion, zombies, disease, an asteroid, maybe even murder hornets. But they didn't predict it would be due to the spread of Immortality."
A quote from a Japanese politician in the early 23rd century. Due to lengthened lifespans, as well as a lack of birth control in many countries, overpopulation has caused Earth's resources to be depleted. This led to a worsened quality of life, and a general collapse of modern civilization. By that point, much of the world has regressed to pre-Industrial Revolution technology levels.

"I once thought that society can progress with liberal democracies. With all these morons ruining entire nations, not anymore. What we need now is progressive accelerationism."

A quote from a Japanese politician in the early 23rd century. Due to lengthened lifespans, as well as a lack of birth control in many countries, overpopulation has caused Earth's resources to be depleted. This led to a worsened quality of life, and a general collapse of modern civilization. By that point, much of the world has regressed to pre-Industrial Revolution technology levels.

"I once thought that society can progress with liberal democracies. With all these morons ruining entire nations, not anymore. What we need now is progressive accelerationism."
Historian Marcus Dio after seeing the shortcomings of electoral systems in Russia, France, the US, Britain, et al. Other historians thought that accelerationism was a lost cause, though, and the idea failed to take off.

"Who thought of a slogan this bad? 'Our Country Matters'... no, this isn't working as a slogan. Everyone is laughing at it!"

"Who thought of a slogan this bad? 'Our Country Matters'... no, this isn't working as a slogan. Everyone is laughing at it!"
Ben Burnsley, Secretary of Immigration and Tourism for the Green Mountain Republic (commonly known as Vermont), discussing the newly announced national motto with an underling. Burnsley was snubbed from involvement in the discussion of the new motto by political rival and Vice President James Hampton. Burnsley was publicly against the slogan, among other policies, and would later become President of Vermont. His first act in office was to change the motto to the more generic but more tolerable "Unity, Freedom, and the Republic." These events would be documented in the hit television series "County Matters."

"Fuck the King, and fuck his Royal fucking Navy. I'm a pirate, and that means I'm getting the fuck out of here. You can all help me dump the captain over the side, or go down with the rest of them when the Spaniards and the French and all the rest get here."

Ben Burnsley, Secretary of Immigration and Tourism for the Green Mountain Republic (commonly known as Vermont), discussing the newly announced national motto with an underling. Burnsley was snubbed from involvement in the discussion of the new motto by political rival and Vice President James Hampton. Burnsley was publicly against the slogan, among other policies, and would later become President of Vermont. His first act in office was to change the motto to the more generic but more tolerable "Unity, Freedom, and the Republic." These events would be documented in the hit television series "County Matters."

"Fuck the King, and fuck his Royal fucking Navy. I'm a pirate, and that means I'm getting the fuck out of here. You can all help me dump the captain over the side, or go down with the rest of them when the Spaniards and the French and all the rest get here."
Said by pirate Roger "Bloody fingers" Nelson before the Great Battle of Cuba in the Caribbean War, fought between the British Empire and it's rivals the Spannish and French empires. In spite of being a pirate, the at times eccentrical Roger "Bloody fingers" stayed firmly loyal to the british side and the quote was actually a trick to see how many men had desires of mutiny, which fortunately were few. However, the battle ended in british defeat and Roger had to retreat to safety. "Bloody fingers" would keep working for the Royal Navy for the rest of the war and would participate in battles such as the Assault on San Martin.

"When I got my powers I inmediately knew what I had to do. I had seen all the missery and suffering, all the damage caused by evil men and misguided innocents, and I couldn't avoid thinking that the world needed some "magic", some "hero", someone that gave them love and inspired hope. That people could look to the sky and rejoice at the sight because they would see a Miracle had come"
- Audrey "Miracle" Hepburn

Last edited: