“Bacon is apart of very pinnacle man’s diet, even if you are trying to be healthy, it is state required to eat it anyways! So eat up your Joe’s Pinnacle Pocket Bacon™ now or else...”

- Group Foods’s description on Joe’s Pinnacle Pocket Bacon™, 1935
If you’re killin’ Infees or just playing ball, Feel like Steele with Joe’s Pinnacle Pocket Bacon! Pocket Bacon gives our President the strength to destroy all our enemies, so join in the fun and fill up your Fluids with best meat in town!”

You want to know a great irony? I don’t even like bacon. But damnit to hell, I’ve tied myself to this goddamn meme and I’ll ride it out till the end

I fear the day Carolina discovers K-Pop and Cokie-pop is born :winkytongue:

With a large presence of Ulster Presbyterians in Carolina, would be interesting to see the rise of Orange Order like fraternity groups, especially the marches aspect. Could start innocently enough, simple parades of Presbyterian pride and kicking the snot out of the Irish again but over time, their marches routes and behaviors leading to tension with other ethnic groups in Carolina

I can picture it now: 6 teen boys, 3 Cokie, 3 Corean, wearing matching "50's G-Man suits" and crew cuts singing about how all they want is a swell gal with manners, morals, and good cooking abilities. All set to a raucous K-pop inspired beat.

That might be a good idea! Maybe it's used to intimidate other immigrants.

They would fucking foam in their mouths once they got introduced to Tiger Woods.

The heart attacks would be legendary.

Also, something to bless your day:

golf_jesus1_400x400.jpg

A mural of "Jesus On The Links" in the national headquarters of the Presbyterian Church of the Carolinas.

So I was reading about a far-right novel called Victoria: A Novel of Fourth Generation War and turns out that the good christian primitivist guys have a Council of Responsible Negroes which apparently encourages the black population to return to the countryside and work in sharecropping. They have also a theory or philosophy called Retroculture, which consists in keeping the technological level before the 60s or so because too much technology makes people lazy. Pretty good stuff for WMIT if you ask me, especially for CoCaro in my opinion.

So I was reading about a far-right novel called Victoria: A Novel of Fourth Generation War and turns out that the good christian primitivist guys have a Council of Responsible Negroes which apparently encourages the black population to return to the countryside and work in sharecropping. They have also a theory or philosophy called Retroculture, which consists in keeping the technological level before the 60s or so because too much technology makes people lazy. Pretty good stuff for WMIT if you ask me, especially for CoCaro in my opinion.
I just remember the part where it's mentioned that the Victorian's main critique of a neo-Nazi nation on their doorstep isn't, you know, the fact that they're literally a Nazi state (Fuhrer and all) but that Nazism is a modernist ideology that seeks to pursue all its various goals with industrial efficiency.

Also "retroculture" doesn't just advocate for technology to be pre-sixties, you need to pick an earlier era and essentially LARP it completely. Drive an old car and listen to a giant radio, why stop there? Wear a pinstripe suit and a fedora everywhere! Read all your news in a newspaper! Resurrect aphorisms your grandfather would have found dated! White picket fences and period-appropriate social mores as far as the eye can see! It's such a natural way to live that you don't need to actually make any effort to support your ideology with state power (say by restricting certain technologies), it'll just spread organically until everyone is dropping "twenty-three skiddoo" into causal conversation and pressuring their few unaffiliated neighbors to adopt retroculture. Some who refuse to assimilate are burned at the stake but that's the price of basically trying to ISOT your own country manually in a setting with bog standard physics 😅

Last edited:

Nah, the Cokies look at all the gleaming technological advancements of the World of Tomorrow and go "Ooooo, new goodies for the Anglo-Saxon Man and new methods of controlling literally everyone else." Which is both infinitely smarter and makes them like 100x more sinister. If the Loomies go full computerized I could see the population being suspicious of them, but the OPV would probably cream their jeans thinking about the surveillance possibilities. I've always pictured the Carolinas as being like Fallout, but with the crappy racial stuff too.

An Interdisciplinary Political Spectrum

Using idea from physics and mathematics, I made a spectrum that I think the Systematist would incline to come up with, based on the premise that they have big fetish for interdisciplinary in many things.

Classical: this is somewhat equivalent to rightism, but it is more about describing how likely a government is towards keeping “classical and traditional” institutions. Measured by using complicated mathematics (very appealing to Systematist ideals of science) to deduce the probability for any government to keep traditional institutions for any year, and how uncorrelated are between the needs of people and governmental policies.

Quantum: somewhat equivalent to leftism, but is distinguished by different ways to evaluate how “progressive” a government is. The dichotomy Classical/Quantum is directly imported from Physics, but modified so that it is more focused on tendency/probability towards changes. Also, a feature of quantum physics is correlation, and so government on farther quantum spectrum tends to have stronger correlation between its people and policy makers.

Stochastic: somewhat equivalent to libertarian (but usually interpreted as "anarchy" by the Systematists). Calculations on degree of stochastic is based on how large the concerned government is, and their ability to mobilize their population. Instead of probability theory, the mathematics used here comes from statistics on how many projects are completed, and how organized the people are. Say, OTL Somali will (probably) score really high on degree of Stochastic.

Ordered: somewhat equivalent to authoritarian, and is the opposite of Stochastic. To score high on ordered scale, the government of concerned is usually big, and its population highly mobilized or ready to follow the government’s lead. Controls over people's life are strong. OTL Nazi Germany Probably, World State from Brave New World or Farenheit 451 will score high on degree of Ordered, just because they have a strong grip on people's life and absolutely massive in scope.

1596158017376.png

A visualization of what this political spectrum could look like. To the hotter color side, is Classical, and to the cooler color side, is Quantum, since classical physics is prominent at high temperature and quantum physics dominates colder temperature. The upper half is Ordered, and the lower half is Stochastic.
Edit: I made some edits to prevent confusions with OTL equivalences. My intention is to create a political spectrum that is the hallmark of Systematist's ideal to integrate hard sciences with social sciences.

Last edited:

Using idea from physics and mathematics, I made a spectrum that I think the Systematist would incline to come up with, based on the premise that they have big fetish for interdisciplinary in many things.

Classical: this is somewhat equivalent to rightism, but it is more about describing how likely a government is towards keeping “classical and traditional” institutions. Measured by using complicated mathematics (very appealing to Systematist ideals of science) to deduce the probability for any government to keep traditional institutions for any year, and how uncorrelated are between the needs of people and governmental policies.

Quantum: somewhat equivalent to leftism, but is distinguished by different ways to evaluate how “progressive” a government is. The dichotomy Classical/Quantum is directly imported from Physics, but modified so that it is more focused on tendency/probability towards changes. Also, a feature of quantum physics is correlation, and so government on farther quantum spectrum tends to have stronger correlation between its people and policy makers.

Stochastic: somewhat equivalent to libertarian or anarchy. Calculations on degree of stochastic is based on how large the concerned government is, and their ability to mobilize their population. Instead of probability theory, the mathematics used here comes from statistics on how many projects are completed, and how organized the people are. Say, OTL Somali will score really high on degree of Stochastic, or, very anarchy.

Ordered: somewhat equivalent to authoritarian, and is the opposite of Stochastic. To score high on ordered scale, the government of concerned is usually big, and its population highly mobilized or ready to follow the government’s lead. OTL Nazi Germany will score high on degree of Ordered.

View attachment 571038
A visualization of what this political spectrum could look like. To the hotter color side, is Classical, and to the cooler color side, is Quantum, since classical physics is prominent at high temperature and quantum physics dominates colder temperature. The upper half is Ordered, and the lower half is Stochastic.
Well that's super neat

It's an interesting analogy. However, I think at least one of the examples you used might be misleading.
Ordered: somewhat equivalent to authoritarian, and is the opposite of Stochastic. To score high on ordered scale, the government of concerned is usually big, and its population highly mobilized or ready to follow the government’s lead. OTL Nazi Germany will score high on degree of Ordered.
If it is meant to be an OTL categorization of Nazi Germany as an orderly place, then I think it's a bit problematic. It might be in line with the stereotype of Nazi Germany as a place where the murder machine always runs on time and the officers and the rank and file work in perfect harmony, but it is very much out of line with the well-researched portrait of regime painted by respected historian Peter Hayes in his book "Why: Explaining the Holocaust". He explains how the Nazis didn't need superhuman efficiency or loyalty in order to kill tens of millions of people. The horrifying truth is that they were able to do it despite constantly shifting, contradictory decrees, intense and often violent rivalries between different groups of Nazis, middle managers pocketing some of the bounty they stole from the people they murdered instead of giving it all to the state, and plenty more that made it the opposite of an orderly state by any definition of orderly. Yes, it was totalitarian, absolutely, and totalitarianism typically leads to a less predictable, more contradictory atmosphere because with little to no moral, legal, or conventional regulations and traditions to reign in the dictator and the ruling elite, what happens is that any shift in personality, any perceived insult, any sudden craving, that those elites experience will have devastating consequences for the population of their country and the world. If you want to define order as a lack of democracy, a lack of safety for the common people, a political atmosphere that will leave even the luckiest non-elites very stressed on a daily basis, and leave thousands or millions of them dead or enslaved for belonging to the same religion as the country that the dictator just started an impulsive "war of honor" with, then sure, I guess Nazi Germany and other totalitarian states are orderly by that definition. But in that case, it's probably better to just call it totalitarianism or brutal hierarchy or ruthless caste system, or some other description like that, rather than "ordered" which in my dialect at least, carries a connotation of moral ambiguity, implying that the thing being described as both good and bad qualities. Now, even if this example was intended to be simply something the Systematists might say as part of their misleading propaganda, rather than you speaking out of character, I still felt like it was worth bringing up, since the myth that "totalitarian = law and order" is quite harmful and worth refuting, as it deceives us into thinking that in order to have some measure of peace, comfort, and stability in our lives, we must accept the boot stomping on our face forever, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Stochastic: somewhat equivalent to libertarian or anarchy. Say, OTL Somali will score really high on degree of Stochastic, or, very anarchy.
I'm going to leave this one in the hands of someone more knowledgeable. When you say anarchy, I think it might be helpful to make clear whether you mean a truly democratic, egalitarian, cooperative union, with no designated cops, soldiers, lawmakers, etc, or do you mean a sort of right-wing pseudo-anarchist macho frontiersman fantasy that is not remotely free, democratic, or egalitarian, and the only thing stateless about it is that the last word lies with your local chieftain in a village or castle of 500 instead of with the parliament or monarch in a nation of 50 million. You can't really have both of those things at once, and the word "libertarian" has been used to refer to both.

It's an interesting analogy. However, I think at least one of the examples you used might be misleading.

If it is meant to be an OTL categorization of Nazi Germany as an orderly place, then I think it's a bit problematic. It might be in line with the stereotype of Nazi Germany as a place where the murder machine always runs on time and the officers and the rank and file work in perfect harmony, but it is very much out of line with the well-researched portrait of regime painted by respected historian Peter Hayes in his book "Why: Explaining the Holocaust". He explains how the Nazis didn't need superhuman efficiency or loyalty in order to kill tens of millions of people. The horrifying truth is that they were able to do it despite constantly shifting, contradictory decrees, intense and often violent rivalries between different groups of Nazis, middle managers pocketing some of the bounty they stole from the people they murdered instead of giving it all to the state, and plenty more that made it the opposite of an orderly state by any definition of orderly. Yes, it was totalitarian, absolutely, and totalitarianism typically leads to a less predictable, more contradictory atmosphere because with little to no moral, legal, or conventional regulations and traditions to reign in the dictator and the ruling elite, what happens is that any shift in personality, any perceived insult, any sudden craving, that those elites experience will have devastating consequences for the population of their country and the world. If you want to define order as a lack of democracy, a lack of safety for the common people, a political atmosphere that will leave even the luckiest non-elites very stressed on a daily basis, and leave thousands or millions of them dead or enslaved for belonging to the same religion as the country that the dictator just started an impulsive "war of honor" with, then sure, I guess Nazi Germany and other totalitarian states are orderly by that definition. But in that case, it's probably better to just call it totalitarianism or brutal hierarchy or ruthless caste system, or some other description like that, rather than "ordered" which in my dialect at least, carries a connotation of moral ambiguity, implying that the thing being described as both good and bad qualities. Now, even if this example was intended to be simply something the Systematists might say as part of their misleading propaganda, rather than you speaking out of character, I still felt like it was worth bringing up, since the myth that "totalitarian = law and order" is quite harmful and worth refuting, as it deceives us into thinking that in order to have some measure of peace, comfort, and stability in our lives, we must accept the boot stomping on our face forever, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm going to leave this one in the hands of someone more knowledgeable. When you say anarchy, I think it might be helpful to make clear whether you mean a truly democratic, egalitarian, cooperative union, with no designated cops, soldiers, lawmakers, etc, or do you mean a sort of right-wing pseudo-anarchist macho frontiersman fantasy that is not remotely free, democratic, or egalitarian, and the only thing stateless about it is that the last word lies with your local chieftain in a village or castle of 500 instead of with the parliament or monarch in a nation of 50 million. You can't really have both of those things at once, and the word "libertarian" has been used to refer to both.
Thank you for your correction. It is partially because of linguistic semantics that creates some of these problems in the examples (my native tongue is not English, and the words translated for authoritarianism and anarchism do not really reflect the subtleties of each ideology, and they build into my intuitive usage of such words). However, as you said, I will try to make corrections on the examples. As well, my idea when I made "Ordered" comes from physical orders of many-body systems, so this means "strict, rigid organizations". Possibly I need to use some governments who have huge reaches. And for stochastic, very much I was thinking about how few or sparse organization and regulations there are within a country. So that why I came to Somali.

Last edited:
Nah, the Cokies look at all the gleaming technological advancements of the World of Tomorrow and go "Ooooo, new goodies for the Anglo-Saxon Man and new methods of controlling literally everyone else." Which is both infinitely smarter and makes them like 100x more sinister. If the Loomies go full computerized I could see the population being suspicious of them, but the OPV would probably cream their jeans thinking about the surveillance possibilities. I've always pictured the Carolinas as being like Fallout, but with the crappy racial stuff too.
I was thinking more about the Council of Responsible Negroes, to be honest. The name is just too much.

I was thinking more about the Council of Responsible Negroes, to be honest. The name is just too much.

That is definitely something I could see. Maybe as a propaganda effort to show that Carolina isn't that racist.

*Smiling Black people in matching seersucker suits and pith helmets come on stage*

"We here at the Committee of Christianized Africans, or the CCA, would like to tell the world about how well our Carolinian benefactors treat us!"

*Meanwhile thousands of miles away, their families are being held in a prison to secure the required cooperation.*

That is definitely something I could see. Maybe as a propaganda effort to show that Carolina isn't that racist.

*Smiling Black people in matching seersucker suits and pith helmets come on stage*

"We here at the Committee of Christianized Africans, or the CCA, would like to tell the world about how well our Carolinian benefactors treat us!"

*Meanwhile thousands of miles away, their families are being held in a prison to secure the required cooperation.*
It’s only racist if they oppress fellow Pinnacle Blooded children of Jehovah born of the darker complexion. Those on the continent that claim to be brothers have never know the glory of Jehovah and thus deserve to be in their station.
-Pastor Martin Luther Burr, chairman of the CCA

So both Steele and Oswald are secretly Inferiors, I’m kind of curious as to what it’s like for what life is like for Carolinas undesirables who slip through

It’s only racist if they oppress fellow Pinnacle Blooded children of Jehovah born of the darker complexion. Those on the continent that claim to be brothers have never know the glory of Jehovah and thus deserve to be in their station.
-Pastor Martin Luther Burr, chairman of the CCA

So both Steele and Oswald are secretly Inferiors, I’m kind of curious as to what it’s like for what life is like for Carolinas undesirables who slip through
My hypothesis is that they will live in Cokie Africa mostly, given that most of them are descended from Portuguese settlers. Albeit, an accent is a tell-tale sign, since English is ridiculously hard to get rid of the accent (I could attest this myself). If fortunate, some ORRA men are probably too far removed from the outside world to even understand different accents, unless they are trained to hear non-Germanic accents, which is also likely.
Edit: OTOH, the Cokies do deport people with actual Inferior background on the Homeland, per the OPV recommendations.

Last edited:
Well, a Madness-derived timeline could not be ”mad” without something about safari hunting. So let it be, the update on Madness and Ardor focused on the exploitation of Africa through safari.

Luxury in a Far-away Land
The History of Safari Parks in the Protestant Realm

265B795E-EBBF-48FF-BB76-31CB92701E10.jpeg

Promotional Poster in English for a Safari in Prussian Kongo

Welcome to the beautiful Jackson Safari in Windhook, ladies and gentlemen. It is a pleasure to see everyone here. Are you ready to go for a hunting trip, and bag in the most beautiful lions, cheetah, elephants, rhinos for your own decorations? If so, let’s load up your trusty rifle and katana, and unleash your hunting instinct. It will be helluva ride!

The people of each Great Powers have their own ways of indulging in leisure and exoticity. For the IFE, they love to build gardens under geodesic domes filled with rare species or sculpting avant-garde arts and architectures. For the Europans and their Catholic brethren, it is all about enjoying the finest aspect of life that their vast territories could offer. But for the Protestant, it is not purely relaxation. Nay, they have a history of being smaller than their neighbors and must always be ready for war, which cultivates a strong gun culture and affinity for some kind of adrenaline rush. For that, the Protestant revel in Safari hunting, a form of indulgence that satisfies the rush for combats but nevertheless still hosts a feeling of aristocracy for their customers.

While hunting for big games has always been a significant part of many colonial empires, there had been few efforts to establish a true breeding ground for big wild games. That all changed during the Great Depression, when a Japanese-American entrepreneur, Jeremy Yoshio, son of the fame Japanese naturalist Tanaka Yoshio, came up with an idea to establish wild zoo, where the large, expansive nature of Africa and Asia could house real adventures for the wealthy, and potentially be far more profitable than simple hunting. This idea was then pitched to the American, Prussian, Dutch, Korean and Cokies, from 1936 - 1937. It actually managed to gain traction, mostly because Yoshio had made it explicitly that they could deprive many natives of food sources by banning them from hunting wild game, while providing extra incomes for hotel and resort conglomerates and procuring jobs for poor Betters. With these premises, constructions and establishment for safari parks with hospitality began in 1938, and boomed during the 1940s.

The first safari park was the Zeeland Game Reserve (OTL MalaMala), located in Dutch Zuid-Afrika. It was established and planned by Yoshio, funded by the Afrikaner Society of Big Games and built by Carolinian Gentry Hospitality Corporation, a world-famous hotel corporation known for their extravagant Antebellum plantation hotels and designs. The ground was broken on June 1st, 1938, but before that, they had to chase out the natives inhabiting that area. To save money, mercenaries and authorities simply deported the inhabitants, or shot anyone who resisted orders. Thousands were forcibly removed from their ancestral land and then put into Cokie Africa, and hundreds more perished under the hand of Cokie Trench Sweeper or Boer sharpshooters. All was done within a span of two weeks. Next, barricades surrounded the designated area, a bush savannah region of fifty square miles, and guarded by those same mercenaries who had removed the bush people. Natives who tried to get close to the reserve were shot or apprehended, with severe punishment for “threatening nature and tourists”. This was part of Yoshio’s intention for the safari to be fully operated and visited by Betters only, and he viewed the native Africans as “too inferior and incapable of managing the day-to-day task of civilized Protestant.” There were also exclusions towards non-Protestant, which meant Slavs and Catholics were not allowed to enjoy the resort. Exceptions were for those with enough wealth or professed Protestant faith.

The actual resort employed a new design, more integrated than typical Antebellum architects. Yoshio was a naturalist at heart, and he opted for an eclectic design, combining local materials and artifacts of those that were massacred, while using natural wood colors prevalent in the reserve. This caused some friction with the Cokies, but since most of the money was funded from the Afrikaners and Chancellor Gamble himself did not want to have conflicts with fellow Betters, the squabbling died down. With that, Yoshio’s exquisite and eclectic design was passed. The ultralux but incredibly elegant building began to manifest itself after many months of construction. The final resort would occupy several hectares, and had multiple suites, all were incredibly private and secured. Not only that, there were reserved mansions for high-profile politicians, and came with the finest high end weapons, all bought from Purdey and Sons, Craig-Jordan or Japanese katana makers, to cultivate a feeling of nobility and aristocracy.

The grand opening of Zeeland Game Reserve in 1940 was a massive media sensation, especially among the upper class of the Protestant realm. Immediately, booking and reservations filled up all the available rooms within a few days, and vacant rooms would not be a thing until a few months later, when the rain season kicked in. Notable guests who had the opportunity to enjoy first-hand the luxuries of the resort were Chancellor Gamble himself, Jan Smuts of Zuid-Afrika, the van Heemstra family, President J Edgar Hoover of RU, the Kims, and many more. All had such positive experiences and services that they went forward to authorize even more construction of such reservations across their territories. The Dutch and Korean came up with reservation for snorkelling and spear-fishing in their turquoise lagoon with beautifully vivid corals, the Americans for bison hunting, the Prussian and their Teutonic European fellows for even more jungle wild games, and the Cokies continued with big game hunts. The Australian took a more cowboy approach, with kangaroo and bison hunting in typical cowboy garments, and slept in rustic resorts located in the Outbacks. Their Great Barrier Reefs became a destination for Cokies’ interests. Of course, all of them cost an arm and leg to stay in, and could be so expensive that even a typical suite could eat up a six-month worth of salary for a middle class family, or upwards of four-year salary in a Presidential Suite.

37A406DB-36A8-478D-9AD4-EF54FA6B8EBA.jpeg

A Safari Resort in Cokie Africa, circa 1950

59FE34D1-5B2B-4467-9847-A3812B8B0BED.jpeg

A romantic moment of a Cokie planter-class couple in a Yonderland safari

It should be noted that even within the Protestant, there were many conflicts and competitions. In Carolinian Africa, for example, the Cokies made it difficult for non-Presbyterian business to operate and open reservations, and even hired looters to disrupt such businesses. In Korean Philippines and Korean Four Provinces, they barred the Aussies and Dutch from incurring deeply into the pie, and created “Exclusive Zones” for Korean and Cokie businesses only.

Behind every gorgeous, paradise-like resort, the Protestant brutally crushed oppositions to their construction progress. Thousands more would perish or end up in concentration camps, where they became subjects of Project Uber. These were bloody enough that some tribes went extinct, and their cultures forever lost to mass graves or in dirty prison cells underground. The Protestant all agreed on one thing: natives should be excluded from the reserve, and those who crossed the line would get punished (read: get shot). And the number of reservations became so much that in some regions, the lands for natives got reduced to fewer than fifty-percent. Famines and riots were common among the natives, to the point that the military had to intervene and block more developments, lest full-blown rebellions exploded.

43F04987-A514-476C-BE6C-F3565839A2F7.jpeg

A very rare image of an African native getting “punished” for not moving out of his hut

————

Somewhere in Prussian Kongo

An African man inattentively entered in a safari while looking for baobab and woods. The sun was at its highest noon, beating on him like an oven. He had gathered enough fuel for his family today. But when he was going back, a group of “anti-poachers” arrived. Spotting the man, they shot him without any hesitation, and left his body there. Later that day, a group of lions came by and finished off the body. It was far from an isolated incidence. In fact, there were many unreported cases of natives who went stray into the reservation, only to become a meal for the big cats, or impaled by elephants, rhinos and hippos. Their bones obviously had to be gathered and thrown away, deprived them off any proper burials.

————

The IFE and Catholics reacted with these big game reservations with their own resorts and hotels, deep in the Amazon, taiga, on the mountains or next to the endless blue sea. But to show their moral “superiority”, they hired local workers and flaunted efforts to conserve natures. There would be tariffs and banning of all kinds, slapped against Protestant and non-Protestant alike, to deprive their respective national opponents of business activities. A new tension would begin, one that started with some squabbling in the luxury market.