Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Oh one more thing. Please put a threadmark on Sonic 3 whenever you get a chance @Megafighter3

Done.

Alright, so let's get this schedule figured out.

• Spring Season will be where the animated films (Klonoa, Spyro and Spirits Within) will duke it out.
  • Summertime will be where the live-action movies take their spots with the main three being Contra 3, MK: Devastation and Tomb Raider
  • Rounding out will be the October release of Clock Tower

Wonder who can successfully pull off clock tower in live-action...remember, this game was heavily influenced by the works of italian filmmaker dario argento, he of suspiria fame. In fact, its eerily similar to one of argento's movies, phenomena, with the protagonist being almost a direct ripoff of jennifer conelly's character, minus the psychic powers, and even a scissorman-like villain.

Wonder who can successfully pull off clock tower in live-action...remember, this game was heavily influenced by the works of italian filmmaker dario argento, he of suspiria fame. In fact, its eerily similar to one of argento's movies, phenomena, with the protagonist being almost a direct ripoff of jennifer conelly's character, minus the psychic powers, and even a scissorman-like villain.
Maybe someone have experience with horror...If the Duo Burton+Depp is busy, we need a plan B...Guillermo del Toro

Hmm, del toro's interesting. But in whatyear are we, currently? The early 00s? Hellboy is only a few years away, so del toro's not exactly a household name yet...the again, clock tower's not really famous either, so more obscure director/actors can pass, since hollywood might think this movie's nothing more than a weird side project more than anything...it could be a sort of blair witch-like success, where this weird movie that nobody in hollywood cared about becomes an unexpected hit.

Oh please, tim burton's the last guy i ever want to see tackle clock tower! His old movies are still classics, but i've grown tired of him over the years...

Last edited:
Maybe someone have experience with horror...If the Duo Burton+Depp is busy, we need a plan B...Guillermo del Toro
Hmm, del toro's interesting. But in whatyear are we, currently? The early 00s? Hellboy is only a few years away, so del toro's not exactly a household name yet...the again, clock tower's not really famous either, so more obscure director/actors can pass, since hollywood might think this movie's nothing more than a weird side project more than anything...it could be a sort of blair witch-like success, where this weird movie that nobody in hollywood cared about becomes an unexpected hit.

Oh please, tim burton's the last guy i ever want to see tackle clock tower! His old movies are still classics, but i've grown tired of him over the years...

2001. Right now, Tim Burton's finishing up Planet of the Apes 2001 while Depp is unfortunately tied to Razzie nominee Blow. As for Guillermo, he is finishing up a film on the Spanish Civil War, The Devil's Backbone. We need to either butterfly at least 2 of these films for Clocktower to be made.

2001. Right now, Tim Burton's finishing up Planet of the Apes 2001 while Depp is unfortunately tied to Razzie nominee Blow. As for Guillermo, he is finishing up a film on the Spanish Civil War, The Devil's Backbone. We need to either butterfly at least 2 of these films for Clocktower to be made.
This is worse i thought, i don't have a good idea for a director without those two....

Honestly, del Toro was gonna be my first pick as he's someone with more of a giallo style than Burton's German expressionist leanings. Though in doing research, I may have found someone: Brian De Palma.

Honestly, del Toro was gonna be my first pick as he's someone with more of a giallo style than Burton's German expressionist leanings. Though in doing research, I may have found someone: Brian De Palma.
And this is a good Plan B, yeah Clock Tower just screamed del toro for me too..sadly he is busy right now

And this is a good Plan B, yeah Clock Tower just screamed del toro for me too..sadly he is busy right now
Nice choice, his 2002 film Femme Fatale actually introduced me to Antonio Banderas, one of my personal favs.

damn, brian de palma, now that's interesting... i, admittedly, only know his more famous movies, like scarface, mission impossible and the untouchables, so at first, i was like: ''wut? that's not what clock tower is all about!''

then, i saw that he did carrie, to my surprise. and i also noticed something very interesting: one of his first hits, sisters. it's very distrubing and psychological...which actually fits clock tower! not only that, but the whole ''societal pressures and expectation on women'' subtext that the movie has would actually fit in clock tower, too, since almost every prominent character in the game are female.

...i think we got the sleeper hit of the year in our hands, guys!

Last edited:
damn, brian de palma, now that's interesting... i, admittedly, only know his more famous movies, like scarface, mission impossible and the untouchables, so at first, i was like: ''wut? that's not what clock tower is all about!''

then, i saw that he did carrie, to my surprise. and i also noticed something very interesting: one of his first hits, sisters. it's very distrubing and psychological...which actually fits clock tower! not only that, but the whole ''societal pressures and expectation on women'' subtext that the movie has would actually fit in clock tower, too, since almost every prominent character in the game are female.

...i think we got the sleeper hit of the year in our hands, guys!

The funny thing is, I think I've always associated De Palma more with Carrie than anything else. I actually didn't know he did Mission Impossible.

Now, as for our lead Jennifer, looking up the Clock Tower wiki, she's listed as 14 in the first game. This we can most likely age up to allow for older actresses to take up the role (probably somewhere in the 17-19 range) but more important is we need an actress who can pull off a Jennifer Connelly vibe. Connelly herself is 31 at this point and had already done Requiem For a Dream, so she's out of the running.

The funny thing is, I think I've always associated De Palma more with Carrie than anything else. I actually didn't know he did Mission Impossible.

Now, as for our lead Jennifer, looking up the Clock Tower wiki, she's listed as 14 in the first game. This we can most likely age up to allow for older actresses to take up the role (probably somewhere in the 17-19 range) but more important is we need an actress who can pull off a Jennifer Connelly vibe. Connelly herself is 31 at this point and had already done Requiem For a Dream, so she's out of the running.
Well, if we need someone who could do the part, how about Anne Hathaway. Throughout September-December, she was doing the filming for the Princess Diaries and at the time she's about 18. Would she work for it?

Well, if we need someone who could do the part, how about Anne Hathaway. Throughout September-December, she was doing the filming for the Princess Diaries and at the time she's about 18. Would she work for it?
She was so young..yeah, she work very well, maybe dyeing her hair a little more raven black and could pull it very well