Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

While Silent Hill did do well, it's only got a single game out and therefore might not have the name value Resident Evil has. However, Capcom is only just now opening properties for film (Marvel properties, but properties nonetheless) and may need some convincing. Plus, horror is not a genre that gaming movies has broken into yet. The Mario movies were family romps of various flavors, Zelda was a sword-and-sorcery fantasy, Double Dragon, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were all martial arts action, Rampage was a kaiju tokusatsu piece, Star Fox is a space opera, Contra is macho American action and Sonic & Crash are currently running the realms of 2D and 3D animation.

So, we need a smaller horror game franchise to open the doors for Capcom, to show them that a survival horror game can translate to the silver screen. After all, Resident Evil became more influenced by Paul Anderson's films as time went on, so something to ground it back in the horror roots would be a big help.... and I think I know the franchise to pick.

Here is my reaction:

@Megafighter3 So Clock Tower as the videogame horror movie prove horror movie can pull it? that would be very nice, seems Human got better them with a more sucessful Clock Tower series of videogames

Gaming Side tangent here: THANK YOU SQUARE FOR SPOILING AND JUSTIFYING ONE OF MY PLANS FOR NAKA AND OSHIMA POST SA2!
I'm suprise more he working with Squenix(reminder, unless Enix bought square, the game would be Enix, as OTL square is just a brand name) than prope..did his own company failed?

I'm suprise more he working with Squenix(reminder, unless Enix bought square, the game would be Enix, as OTL square is just a brand name) than prope..did his own company failed?
From the looks of it, both of their companies have closed down. Oshima founded Artoon and their last game was Hey! Pikmin. As for Naja, did you play Rodea the Sky Soldier?

From the looks of it, both of their companies have closed down. Oshima founded Artoon and their last game was Hey! Pikmin. As for Naja, did you play Rodea the Sky Soldier?
Yeah a shame, seems both companies failed hard, well, maybe if they stepdown SEGA ittl, ENIX can hired them.

Rebel Rouser
Studio:Warner Brothers and Cartoon Network Studios
Directed by and Produced:Maxwell Adams
Animated by:Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust
Release Date:August 31th 2001

A PG-13 animated movie set in 1950s middle America with a slice of life and dramedy feel to it Rebel Rouser named about the Duane Eddy song of the name which plays at the beginning and ending of the film along with many other classic 50 songs.

The movie takes place in Detroit Michigan in the year of 1956 and is about a high schooler named Max who deals with being a young adult while he signs and plays guitar in his rockabilly band Maxwell and the Astroids (A parody of Bill Haley and the Comets)

Several 50s musicians make cameos as either themselves or others such as Duane Eddy,J,Chuck Berry,Fats Domino,Bo Diddley,Phil and Don Everly,John Lee Hooker (released a few months after his death) Little Richard and Ben King

The movie received positive reviews but was a box office failure. But it has seen become a cult classic.

Rebel Rouser main voice cast

Tom Kenny-Max Bottoms
Jim Cummings-Richard Bottoms (Max’s dad)
Susanne Blakeslee-Mary Bottoms (Max’s mom)
Melissa Joan Hart-Jenna (Max’s love interest
Carlos Alazraqui-Wayne (The main antagonist of the movie)
Nick Bakay-Melvin (Max’s best friend and bandmate)
Grey Delise-Tammy (Jenna’s best friend)
Phill Lamar-Chuck (Another bandmate of Max)
Duane Eddy-Himself
Pat Boone-Himself
Little Richard-Himself and Timothy one of Max’s friends and classmates
Chuck Berry-Himself and radio announcer
The Everly Brothers-Themselves
John Lee Hooker-Himself and Timothy’s father
Bo Diddly-Himself
Ben King-Himself
Phill Lamar-Roy Hamilton and Wayne’s assistant
Patrick Warburton-Eddie Cochran
Al Kaline-Himself
Clancy Brown-Buzz (Max’s band manager)

So, let's get some dates for these movies. So far, the only one with an OTL release is, well... the only OTL movie. Tomb Raider which is set for June 15. We can assume that Contra 3 will also be releasing in the summer and that Clock Tower will be the major October release.

Ry Guy

Banned
So, let's get some dates for these movies. So far, the only one with an OTL release is, well... the only OTL movie. Tomb Raider which is set for June 15. We can assume that Contra 3 will also be releasing in the summer and that Clock Tower will be the major October release.
Yep.