Hail, Britannia

You know shouldn’t Greater London be far larger than in OTL due to it being the Center of the dominant superpower for over two centuries, therefore having its economic power funnelled through it.

London in this TL the gateway to the colonies from the rest of UK and Mainland Europe, I.e. stay a few months to earn passage to the colonies (but maybe put down more permanent roots).

I can easily Greater London expanding to the coast in order to handle all the extra temporary migrants and increased industrial output compared to OTL, being the most populous city in the Empire until WW2, where New York would have overtaken it (According to previous post as the most populous city in the Empire).

Really compared OTL Greater London should be massive and probably have hit the 10 million mark before the turn of century.
so the London Borough of Sarf Essex..

What's the composition of the House of Lords here?

What's the ratio of life peers and hereditary peers, and did the UKE pass something similar to the real-life UK limiting the number of hereditaries?

Also, does the Anglican church still get representatives/Lords Spiritual? What about leaders of other religions?

LeinadB93

Monthly Donor
Did everyone just decide to collectively die after the 6th of June?

Sorry everyone!! Unfortunately school work really got hectic in the last month and a half (semi-reopening, online teaching and contingency planning for September), plus house renovations sucked up a lot of my time. Rest assured I have a lot of content to share in due course to hopefully make up for my absence :)

what will the Missouri Flag look like?

The flag can be found here.

What doesn’t?

While I appreciate a lot of this world is better, I've deliberately shied away from the "worse" aspects of TTL...

Speaking of which Leinad, do you think you do a show, author or culture post to do with Alternate History (TL Man in the High Castle, a Famous alt-history writer get a honour or dying, a historical location that became famous because a alt-history book on it about how things could have gone, etc).

There are a few ideas in that vein I am working on...

You know shouldn’t Greater London be far larger than in OTL due to it being the Center of the dominant superpower for over two centuries, therefore having its economic power funnelled through it.

London in this TL the gateway to the colonies from the rest of UK and Mainland Europe, I.e. stay a few months to earn passage to the colonies (but maybe put down more permanent roots).

I can easily Greater London expanding to the coast in order to handle all the extra temporary migrants and increased industrial output compared to OTL, being the most populous city in the Empire until WW2, where New York would have overtaken it (According to previous post as the most populous city in the Empire).

Really compared OTL Greater London should be massive and probably have hit the 10 million mark before the turn of century.
It's also possible that London is much denser. But it is almost certainly more populous.

London is definitely much denser in population, and the centre would have significantly more high rises. I'm thinking the centre would be more built up like North American cities, though there would have likely been a different plan for rebuilding after the Blitz.

I'm even tempted to have Watkin's Tower existing in some form ITTL.

Can we get an idea of the history of television in Britannia, please?

Broadly similar to OTL.

does Oregon have provinces or not?

There are and have been proposals to divide the dominion into provinces, but they've never really taken off.

What's the composition of the House of Lords here?

What's the ratio of life peers and hereditary peers, and did the UKE pass something similar to the real-life UK limiting the number of hereditaries?

Also, does the Anglican church still get representatives/Lords Spiritual? What about leaders of other religions?

There are 502 members of the Imperial Council of Lords.

The majority are appointed by the Dominion First Ministers and the Imperial Prime Minister & Oppostion Leader, or elected by the dominion legislatures or an independent commision. There remain 160 hereditary peers (the rest are all life peers), of which 120 hold their seats through inheriting a specific peerage, while 40 are elected amongst the other hereditary peers.

There's bene no law passed restricting hereditary peerages, and they are still granted (though not as frequently as they were a hundred years ago).

There are 36 Lords Spiritual, representing the United Church of All Britain (the unified Anglican church of the Empire).