Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allegedly one of the canceled companion books to the original trilogy had it so that Earth humans sent a manned probe into a black hole, and it spat the astronauts out near Coruscant, and that's where the first humans in the SW galaxy came from.

Personally I've always liked the notion that the "humans" in Star Wars are anything but and are just played by humans in the movies. :biggrin:

Map tax: minor WIP

ElevenNations.png

King of surprised the Germans didn’t take the area you give to Serbia here, if only for more control over the Danube and because of all the German down there. Is there any significance to why the part the Germans have is called direct occupation, while the rest of the are labeled as ceded? I do think it somewhat odd the Hungarians keep so many areas they recently annexed with so many Slovaks, Rusyns, Ukrainians, Germans, Romanians, etc, but I am guessing there is a massive population movement shoving the Hungarians west of the Danube into those other areas to Magyarize them. I am interested to see any sequel maps you might make, as I am wondering how things cascade in the Balkans. Ahh, and what does 1956 refer to here?
Refers to the anti-Soviet revolution in 1956, but with them surrounded by all sides, the nation is crushed and partitioned

Wouldn't that just be Pest though? Budapest is on the Danube, and was known by its constituent cities Buda (western half) and Pest (eastern half).

Also, the directly German controlled area might be known as Transdonau.
Well, the entire city is still part of the Reichsprotektariat.

Why is Hungary occupied here? Officially in WW2 they allied with Germany and by the war were economically tied to it. Plus I think Italy would raise issue over Germany Attacking an Axis ally especially one that’s right above the Balkans which Mussolini would see as his sphere of influence.
The lore of this map is that Italy and Germany has a kinda US-UK type relations, so after the war the Danube is shared between the 2 spheres, with Serbia and Croatia now under Italian control and Romania drifting towards the Italians. The Hungarians have a social democratic coup, and both Hitler and Mussolini hates the left, so a quick invasion does the job. Since Germany did most of the work (with Italian troops garrisoning, occupying Vojvodina and that part of Transylvania), Hungary is partitioned that way.

Warring State of Libya - July 29th, 2026

Warring-Libya_July.png

7/29/2026: When The Tuareg Gallops

The shores settle as the conflict wanes into a soothing calm. Despite the dismay from the few, the Green Army withers down its revolutionary zeal as they begin to set their eyes on the livelihood of their people at Zaim’s behest. After the fall of Zintan, most militias who once fought for the city splintered towards both sides of the conflict while the tribal elders pledge their allegiance to the revolutionary movement. And after realizing the futility of their vendetta against Misrata, the Qayid and the Caliph, moderated by tribal elders, head to the tables as they negotiate their terms for peace: Both shall exchange prisoners lost during the battle, the Islamic States will pay tribute with an ample tonnage of steel for their arms production and fish surplus, and in return, the Green Army shall not interlope over their fishing boats and operations through the Gulf of Sirte.

[Click here to know more...] [Alt-link to Reddit]

Last edited:
Indian Civil War.png

Banners of Red and Orange: The Indian Civil War
The low level insurgencies of the last 40 years have not helped India. This combined with the insurgent fascism of Modi, the RSS and the BJP have made for a very volatile situation at the beginning of the 2020s. The election of 2024 ended in a slim victory for the BJP with large disputes over possible fraud and voter intimidation by the RSS casting a cloud over the new government. Large protests broke out throughout the country. The INC first refused to recognise the election result and declared an alternative government in New Dehli, Bhubaneswar, Shillong, and Mumbai. The CPI(M) in Kerala declared indepence until the situation was resolved. Pakistan and China used the instability to settle old territorial claims, however Pakistan's intervention increased when reports of the treatment of Muslims in RSS territory surfaced. The INC'c alliance with the Christian Nationalist in Tripura caused a fracture in their alliance with the Mumbai Congress splitting and joining forces with the Sikh nationalists, Kerala, and Pakistan to form the UDF. This would lead to the UN establishing safe zones in two Indian cities. Finally the Naxalites would declare the People's Republic of India in the Red Corridor, and with the PRC's recent change to a far more interventionist foreign policy, they would form integral parts of the People's Front. As the civil war enters its third year and the number of refugees rises to over 28 million this civil war shows no sign of stopping.

A little one shot scenario I whipped up, fairly obviously inspired by Mattystereo's AN A M E R I C A N WAR .
As always feel free to ask any questions!

@Swamps_ INC is the Indian National Congress? Can’t see them on the key and... I really am confused about northeast India here. Why is it split into so many factions? Tripura also seems a weird place to ally with ‘Christian Nationalists’, partially due to it having one of the lowest percentage of Christians in that region. Nagaland for instance has about ninety percent Christians, with nearly a third of the population of the area China annexed also being Christian. Loads of other religions in the area of course, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and various tribal and regional religions but- Hmmm. Actually, what are the stances of the various communists states on religion here? Kerala and the Seven Sister States are not also some of the most religiously diverse areas in the country (if we count Hinduism as just one religion) but also some of the best areas for women, both in legal rights, property ownership, and personal safety. Odd a parliamentary government such India would collapse in such a way, but if there are decades of murders then people are going to feel a bit less safe. The areas on the map white are battle grounds? I am surprised there are not more groups just going independent as single province factions, I guess clean breaks are a bit less easy to come across there. Does the People’s Republic of India actually have the support of those they are terrorizing or have the decades got them into being seen in more of a Robin Hood sort of manner?

@Swamps_ INC is the Indian National Congress? Can’t see them on the key and... I really am confused about northeast India here. Why is it split into so many factions? Tripura also seems a weird place to ally with ‘Christian Nationalists’, partially due to it having one of the lowest percentage of Christians in that region. Nagaland for instance has about ninety percent Christians, with nearly a third of the population of the area China annexed also being Christian. Loads of other religions in the area of course, including Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and various tribal and regional religions but- Hmmm. Actually, what are the stances of the various communists states on religion here? Kerala and the Seven Sister States are not also some of the most religiously diverse areas in the country (if we count Hinduism as just one religion) but also some of the best areas for women, both in legal rights, property ownership, and personal safety. Odd a parliamentary government such India would collapse in such a way, but if there are decades of murders then people are going to feel a bit less safe. The areas on the map white are battle grounds? I am surprised there are not more groups just going independent as single province factions, I guess clean breaks are a bit less easy to come across there. Does the People’s Republic of India actually have the support of those they are terrorizing or have the decades got them into being seen in more of a Robin Hood sort of manner?
Hi thanks for the questions, the INC is the Indian National Congress, they're not on the key as I had them split into regional Congresses, I could have made that clearer, this is just a short thing I put together, not enough research was done.
As to why I had Christian nationalists in Tripura and why the North East was so fractured, I based both of these on the ongoing insurgency by various groups in the region, in particular the NLFT, which are Tripuran nationalist and Christian extremist. Again I'm not an expert so this is probably quite unrealistic.
All the Communist states support religious freedom.
The areas in white are under no overall control or local administration. The areas in lighter colours represent areas allied with/occupied by the corresponding state and thus cover a lot of smaller factions.
The PRI enjoys a large amount of support in tribal areas, as the naxalites have historically, and are fairly popular among the urban poor.
This was never meant to be a deep dive into the complexities of India, more just an Indian version of an American war.

New York paganism is based on ... After the ISOT, religion, spirituality, and superstition increased everywhere. In New York, a combination of this fact, and the further fact that New Yorkers considered NYC to be lucky, meant that Neo-pagans in NYC, especially members of the Ausar Auset Society, evolved into a New York -centric religion.
What is going on Europe exactly, Any reason you choose a line and a circle in Germany?
The song has the line 'from Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads'. Taking this literally, the line is direct from Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads. As the song also mentions cavemen, I ISOTted a circular section of neolithic Europe (complete with Neanderthals) to the scenario.

New York paganism is based on ... After the ISOT, religion, spirituality, and superstition increased everywhere. In New York, a combination of this fact, and the further fact that New Yorkers considered NYC to be lucky, meant that Neo-pagans in NYC, especially members of the Ausar Auset Society, evolved into a New York -centric religion.

Marvelous map again @Bob Hope , though the County of Ravensburg is unfilled in the smaller of your inset maps. And at the very peak of the United Duchies power two. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if there hasn’t been a map of this region and the Gelders war in print in the last twenty years, if even before. I do hope to see some of your references sometimes, as you must have come across quite a few maps and texts that I would love to read. I suppose they might be in German though, which is a shame for me. Ahhh, and did they ever refer to the United Duchies with Mark in the title? It certainly was equal in size to the other ones, though it was a County in title. As the ruling house was La Marck, I suppose they managed to get equal billing in another fashion. By the way, any significance to the yellow circles in the Alsace area within the white? Just preparing for the ten imperial cities the French end up occupying later on? Then again, I suppose those were closer to the Rhine.

EDIT: Ahhh, and it seems portions of the Prince-Bishopric of Friesing are not shown. You have the large portionsjust south of Bavaria as well as inside Archdual Austria, but it seems they still had areas in Slovene areas up until Napoleon and all the meditizations.
Thanks for the spot @Clandango .
As to the references, I do try to look for data in the language of the country I am researching as I think they will have more information on the area/events I am looking for. So Guelders info came mainly from Dutch sources.
I dont speak any other languages but it is usually easy enough to read a map without, then I use the auto translate facility for the text and interpret what I get.
As far as I am aware Mark never appeared in the title, I suppose the fact they were the ruling house was enough of an ego boost!
The yellow circles were once part of the Palatinate [before 1504]- I left them on the map.

Thanks for Friesing, there are also parts of Brixen and Bamberg I have missed off. Also surprised that no one noticed that I left France as France-Milan in the key after Spain took it

Thanks for the spot @Clandango .
As to the references, I do try to look for data in the language of the country I am researching as I think they will have more information on the area/events I am looking for. So Guelders info came mainly from Dutch sources.
I dont speak any other languages but it is usually easy enough to read a map without, then I use the auto translate facility for the text and interpret what I get.
As far as I am aware Mark never appeared in the title, I suppose the fact they were the ruling house was enough of an ego boost!
The yellow circles were once part of the Palatinate [before 1504]- I left them on the map.

Thanks for Friesing, there are also parts of Brixen and Bamberg I have missed off. Also surprised that no one noticed that I left France as France-Milan in the key after Spain took it
Ahhh yes, I just brought up Mark as it was listed in the United Duchies of etcetera in your post. And I did see the France-Milan thing though I assumed it was just my confusion that made it seem odd. As it looked like much of Piedmont was French occupied, I figured it was something like later on, with France calling itself France and Navarre. Well, the king claiming to be king of both. And soon we shall be in the Cologn War, followed by Cologne, Liege, and many of the other Prince-Bishoprics continually sharing the same man as bishop, even when he is not even an actual priest. I am wondering how you will handle the coloring for those, though assumedly councils will be doing the administration there, just sending mean and money to the noble born bishop. As we always have Aragon, Navarre, Castile-Leon, and Portugal with their own colors in the personal unions until begin reorganized into Spain, I suppose no need to change the colors for the bishoprics. All comes down to however you plan to handle it. In retrorepsecf, I probably brought that stuff up on my early posts of your maps. Been a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Hey, I am looking for a physical map of North America like the king that Carlos Quiles uses over at indo-european.eu. Anyone got a map like that?

Always inspired from the TL "Jour J: Paris, secteur soviétique" :

View attachment 567044
Gah, such a fate for the Dannebrog, the oldest continuously used flag in the world. I would have thought it would have been kept around if the cross on the Finnish Flag was kept. Almost kind of funny how, instead of making it a tricolor, which would make it look like the Austrian flag, it almost looks more like the Czechoslovak one. I feel in this world there might be less of the coat of arms on the national flags. No need for it on the German one, as you of course took care of, due to it being an old revolutionary one. Luxembourg is lucky it managed to survive here. I expect the Soviets have some bases in the area. Did the timeline/graphic novel this story was form mention Greece still being a monarchy? And given the blue color and black line on Cyprus, is it officially partitioned? You also seem to have not added the flag for Iran. I really must real this timeline sometime. I see so many stories from the lens of people from the Anglophonic world, but try French no doubt have their own take on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.