The Official HOI4 Mods and Discussion Thread

I have been brainstorming an ATL which I think would work great in HOI4, unfortunately I have no modding capability.

It would be what if Hitler led Austria and not Germany. The in-lore reason would be that when he was signing up for the German Army they discovered he was Austrian, which would disqualify him. He then joins the Austro-Hungarian Army, specifically the German Landwehr, and fights on the Eastern Front. After the war he joins a far-right win olitical coalition, but they kicked him out due to his radical policies but he creates his own party, the Austrian Social Nationalist People's Party (Österreichische Sozialnationalistische Volkspartei, OSNVP or Sozinat for short). They come to power in a coalition government with Dollfuss' Fatherland Front in 1934, but Hitler quickly has Dollfuss killed by a deranged Communist, and assumes total control by early 1935. So by the time HOI4 starts Hitler has been the Staatführer. Their symbol is a red cross potent (a Kruckenkreuz) in a white circle upon a black field.

The National State of Austria begins to grow, annexing Bavaria in 1937 (Bavaria broke away from Germany in this timeline due to a German Civil War in 1936), the Sudetenland, in 1937, while bringing Czechia in as a Protectorate, and Hungary in 1939. The annexation of Bavaria was more of a union, with Bavaria joining Austria to prevent being taken over by the Hohenzollern Protestant Germany.

Germany restores the Hohenzollerns to the throne in 1936, due to a coalition between the center-left and center-right, spearheaded by the SDP and DNVP.
The German Civil War is fought between the SPD/DNVP vs KPD vs various fascist movements, fought between 1936-1938. Germany later joins the Entente to fight Austria.

WW2 lasts from 1941-1945, the Axis Powers big three are Italy, Poland and Austria.
Torch of the Protectorate actually has Hitler as a possible leader for Austria, so that mod might interest you.

Torch of the Protectorate actually has Hitler as a possible leader for Austria, so that mod might interest you.
Oh thank you. I’ll check that out tomorrow.

The DNVP weren’t ever centre-right- they were proto-fascist and hated the SPD and the Weimar Republic. Also IIRC this was an actual mod.
Thirdly, Hitler hated Austria, and was too pan-Germanic for the Austrofascists. That however is a minor inconvenience since he was also an opportunist.
Yes in my story he is initially pan-German but his experiences in the war and his different political career will see him become a plan-German under Austrian dominion,

The German Civil War I’m tinkering with. I know I want it to be far-left vs far-right and a centrist coalition.
I know the DNVP became proto-Fascist but due to how events play out they are not quite as reactionary/militant as OTL. May go with another party altogether.
The German Empire that is created in 1936 is more of a constitutional monarchy akin to Britain than pre-WW1 Germany.

Below is what I have so far. If you’re interested, give it a read and let me know your thoughts.

He's under his real name Johann Schmidt. The plan for him is he'd likely split away from the Nazis(as he does in the First Avenger), especially if Hitler is killed. By contrast Willhelm Strasse from Wolfenstein will continue to fight after the end of the war( A nod to the Novel the Man with the Iron Heart in which Heydritch does the same) but remains loyal to the Nazis.

It just seems like his characterization at least in the comics is as a devoted Nazi. Is this Johann Schmidt inspired by the MCU version?

I'm doing a "Hitler in Austia" thing for Imperial Dusk. Hitler simply joins the Austro-Hungarian Army, and has a comparable career. His National Salvation Party ideology is based around using pseudohistory to construct a single racial identity for most of the inhabitants of the Empire, claiming that Germans, Magyars, and Slavs are all in fact one race, the Aryans. Instead of denigrating Slavs, he is now denigrating Latins, and plans to invade, conquer, and colonize Italy (which is currently balkanized). He's one of the few potential leaders for Austria who can avert a Hungarian revolt (thanks in part to his alliance with Horthy), but he will find few allies abroad.

20200717222256_1.jpg

There's a fun mod called Formable Nations in Set-Up Options, and I decided to go for broke on making a pretty cursed world.

Mostly, its easier to use his MCU version for a character portrait.

I think that even if he leaves the Nazis he would still be a diehard Fascist since even in the MCU HYDRA's endgoal is still fascistic.

As for your fictionalization mod, I wouldn't prefer replacing everyone with fictional characters, but mix, sort of like a Wold Newton or grand unified timeline theory. However we could have paths involving fictional characters(ie: Buzz Windrip fascist path for US)

Some other ideas for a fictionalization mod could be:
  • Stalin comes into contact with the Brotherhood of NOD and goes insane, leading a Soviet rampage over Europe(C&C), if the player takes focuses to get rid of Hitler in power, Stalin can go crazy like this(shoutout to how RA1's plot was kicked off by Hitler being timewiped). If he takes over all Europe he is killed by Kane, who takes over the USSR(he would be non aligned despotist), if Stalin is defeated after going down the C&C path the allies place Alexander Romanov into power as puppet. There maybe should be a Yuri path for militaristic!Stalin as well. It is also possible for the Allies to become the GDI under specific circumstances
  • Empress Anastasia path for Russia because of the popularity of that conspiracy theory in fiction
  • There should be more events involving magic and the occult, or superweapons
  • Maybe a few end of the world bosses like the Great Old Ones arising, the 1938 martian invasion being real in this mod, Morgoth returning(LOTR was hinted to be a distant past for our world), or even the Race showing up
  • If the Nazis take over America, they can divide it in MITHC lines with Japan
  • The US should get Blaskowitz as a general

Last edited:
I think that even if he leaves the Nazis he would still be a diehard Fascist since even in the MCU HYDRA's endgoal is still fascistic.

As for your fictionalization mod, I wouldn't prefer replacing everyone with fictional characters, but mix, sort of like a Wold Newton or grand unified timeline theory. However we could have paths involving fictional characters(ie: Buzz Windrip fascist path for US)

Some other ideas for a fictionalization mod could be:
  • Stalin comes into contact with the Brotherhood of NOD and goes insane, leading a Soviet rampage over Europe(C&C), if the player takes focuses to get rid of Hitler in power, Stalin can go crazy like this(shoutout to how RA1's plot was kicked off by Hitler being timewiped). If he takes over all Europe he is killed by Kane, who takes over the USSR(he would be non aligned despotist), if Stalin is defeated after going down the C&C path the allies place Alexander Romanov into power as puppet. There maybe should be a Yuri path for militaristic!Stalin as well. It is also possible for the Allies to become the GDI under specific circumstances
  • Empress Anastasia path for Russia because of the popularity of that conspiracy theory in fiction
  • There should be more events involving magic and the occult, or superweapons
  • Maybe a few end of the world bosses like the Great Old Ones arising, the 1938 martian invasion being real in this mod, Morgoth returning(LOTR was hinted to be a distant past for our world), or even the Race showing up
  • If the Nazis take over America, they can divide it in MITHC lines with Japan
  • The US should get Blaskowitz as a general

I was going to take Specific parts of Wold Newton(more of a selective process but the meteorite impact did happen it's just not the only cause for increased intelligence since the unfortunate implications are most of the foreign characters are only "Special" because of a British bloodline). Grand Unified Timeline is used as a reference to some parts but not all.

As for your ideas. All Good by the way.

- One event could have Professor Jacob Barnhardt(Albert Einstein expy from the 1951 the Day the Earth Stood Still)invent a time machine and kill Hynkel after his release from prison. Fearless Leader then rises in power but is killed by Kane(who here is also the DC Comics Villain Vandal Savage, as well as the immortal Kane from his own series of books. If there are sequel MODS, one would be set in the 80's and 90's and feature Kane teaming up with Khan Noonien Singh to launch the Eugenic Wars in 1991 or 1992, which would be followed/ interrupted by the Harvester invasion from Independence Day in 1996. Kane could also appear in Mods set in the 2000s of future. Not post 2077 though as that is when the Apocalypse started by Robert L.Booth and Skynet kicks off and the worlds descends into its post apocalyptic factions such as those in Fallout, possibly Mad Max, The Walking Dead, The Judge Dredd Megacities, the Capitol from the Hunger Games, and the territory under Randall Flagg, and so on before contact is made with the Vulcans, the Federation formed and they begin to either conquer or make peace. At which point it basically becomes a Stellaris Mod. As for Alexander Romanov, he can be placed as a puppet leader, though his game takes place in 1974 I think that can be ignored. Also considered making him Natasha Romanov's father, possibly leading to her leading a mission to topple him from power. Yuri would likely appear as an antagonist. One joke was suggested about the experimental version of the AI system from Doki Doki Literature Club(in backstory is implied to be an illuminati like experiment) playing a hand in his demise though the joke is that a character named Yuri helped defeat another character named Yuri. The GDI can be formed but likely to deal with the Brotherhood of Nod. A ton of Spy groups would exist but what they handle would be how to separate them(Shield works with Superheroes, G.I.Joe deals specifically with terrorists, SCP Foundation is International but contains paranormal phenomenon with the Warehouse 13 system, The Syndicate of the Men in Black deal with Aliens and concealing them etc).

-Oh yeah, Anastasia can return should things go that way. One possible path is the Death of Fearless Leader(which causes a power struggle between his Interior Minister (NKVD) Bela Razinin, Moscow Party Head Dmitri Kissoff, and Foreign Minister Varlam Aravidze. A magic user can awaken the curse placed on Pasha Antipov's body Rasputin(Antipov being our Lenin standin cursed by Rasputin). There is one work of fiction in which Lenin awakens but doesn't want to lead and instead hosts a talk show. Here Antipov instead chooses to put someone else in power. Rasputin is an undead lich trying to create an Antichrist, but should he be destroyed, possibly by Anastasia. Antpov would be quick to allow Anastasia to return.

-Oh yeah, there would be a ton. For magic it would be a focus tree on studying it but also convincing a nation's native magic users to join the war. For Britain its Albus Dumbledore, Eglantine Price, and the Ministry of Magic, possibly leading to the resurrection of King Arthur and Merlin being freed from his prison(Arthur is prophecized to return when Britain needs him the most. For America it would likely be the witches of Greendale or Eastwick, or the sorcerer Yen Sid. This also extends to the use of Toons in warfare and while most won't kill, Dip is pretty much the only thing that can kill them. Russia would be more about finding and convincing sorcerers to fight on your behalf such as Rasputin, Baba Yaga, and Koschei the Deathless(who would claim to have battled Ivan the Terrible, though he called him Ivan Tsarevich or Ivan the Fool at the time because he was a youth). The head of Soviet occult research would of course be Professor Woland from the 1937 Russian novel the Master and the Margarita. May nor not be the devil himself. Russia would also get into studying the Cthulhu mythos based on a Colder War. Japan would summon Yokai of different sorts. Germany would have many, including the Thule Society finding the world of Fullmetal Alchemist. Working with Gilbert Grindelwald and granting Heinrich Kemmler more power. Working on Zombies, Sector 666 from Hellsing i.e. Nazi Vampires, and summoning the Norse pantheon if they sacrifice enough people.

-Definitely Cthulhu in Ryleh with the very real chance of awaking him. Godzilla might also appear, mostlikely if nukes are used but the game goes onto at least 1954. The 1938 invasion would be real. In backstory the Martians invaded Britain in 1898 as well. The Red Lectroids from Buckaroo Banzai arrive at the same time. The Martian invasion will most likely be defeated by Superman(He's likely appear on his own but the Focus Tree is trying to recruit him into the Government or choosing to alienate him by making him a public enemy). Still if the Martian Invasion is contained Charles Foster Kane and John Hannaford(A Director with many parallels to Welles from his last film The Other Side of the Wind, for example Welles died before finishing the Other Side of the Wind but shot all the footage and the film itself is about Hannaford dying before completing a film so the film is compiled from all the footage he shot...See what I mean). Morgoth or less likely Sauron returning would be fun, not sure how to implement it though. And yes, Middle Earth is this world's past. Going by Letters from J.R.R. Tolkien where he said the war of the Ring took place 6,000 years ago in 1958. That means around 4,042 BCE. It is part of the Hyborean Age from Conan the Barbarian. Those stories take place around 10,000 B.C. Since the world is largely the same georgraphically and the Conan stories don't explore the British Isles, I chose to throw in Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire occurring on a Prehistoric British Isles(though obviously with the rest of the world looking different and Dorne being Spain). there was ultimately a massive purge or mystical elements. Some creatures fled to other universes while others remained but hidden. A group of Elves went to the North Pole. Some Dwarves in mining towns in Germany. Giants to the floating continent of Brobdingnag reachable by Beanstalk. Cyclopes to an island in the sea. Monsters either escaped to another reality(what becomes Monster's Inc), or were imprisoned under mountains(one from the video game Undertale which I place in 2015 and one from the chinese film Monster Hunt, I consider Undertale's Mount Ebott to be another name for Mount Fuji). Most of these would come back with the event known as the Awakening of Magic in 2011. the Race would show up but at the bottom of South America and Africa, forcing them to make their way up. To balance them out a bit so they may not dominate the game as much, South America has the land of Utopia from the book of the same name and Hugo Danner. Danner is from the book Gladiator and is an early superhuman. In both DC Comics(Danner's public domain) and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, he attempts to establish a superhuman society and try to takeover, starting with Brazil. Here he runs right into the Race. Best case scenario, Danner kills the Race but is defeated by his son Arnold Munroe or Superman or someone else. In Africa, The Race can run into The Draka, already powerful in their own right and whoever wins will be severely weakened. There is also Wakanda for the Race to worry about. The Race are falsely believed to be martians, a nod to the World War II era Martian invasion from Ignition City. Plus the Neuroi Invasion from Strike Core Witches.

-The Nazis and Japan both invading America would make this Man in High Castle. I see the split as happening should certain criteria be met.

-Many Fictional Generals will be used Thunderbolt Ross, Irving Morrel, George C.Scott's version of Patton. Blazcowicz specifically will be killing Nazis left and right and will likely be the one to kill or capture Willhelm Strasse if he decides to enact "The Man with the Iron Heart" event and try to lead Nazi Germany with Strasse replacing Reinhard Heydrich 's role in the book. The US probably has a bit of a bonus to certain soldiers that make them extremely deadly(a nod to the WWII first person shooter genre and a bit of a reality ensues when there are soldiers so competent they can kill so many enemy soldiers.

Following up the Fictionalization Countries. Here is a rough draft of the Non-Major Power nations.

AFRICA
Angola/Samgola(Oh Shucks! Here Comes U.N.T.A.G!)-
At this point only a namechange.
Note: Angola does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Botswana/Botswanga(Le Crocodile du Botswanga)-At this point only a name change.
Note: Botswana does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Egypt/Kahndaq(DC comics)- An event most likely to occur in Egypt is the resurrection of an ancient Mummy, which will likely usurp control of the country and declare himself Pharaoh. This could also occur with the revival of Superhero Teth Adam, long exiled for Killing his father Ozymandias(also known as Ramases II) who returns in 1945 and attempts to reclaim Egypt and form Kahndaq. Finally there is the rise of Milo Mindbender(Catch-22) in a role similar to Nasser.
Note: Egypt does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Ethiopia//Zamunda(Coming to America)
Likely ruled under a self proclaimed King. Probably the father of Jaffe Joffer from Coming to America. For the sake of the mod Jaffe Joffer will be a somewhat kinder Idi Amin. Zamunda remained neutral in the Cold War and profited from both sides, so they'd likely sell weapons to both sides during World War II as well. Coming to America's events are set in 1988, I was considering a Cold War Hot type mod going covering the 1980's
Kenya/Wakanda(Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Not super accurate but I wanted to give Wakanda a big presence. Will stay out of most things unless attacked, even ignoring requests for trade. Usually does phenomenally well when defending itself, but will lose that advantage if they attempt to invade. It is headed by the Black Panther T'Chaka with T'Challa possibly taking his place in the event of his assassination. If there are sequels to the mod, then mid chapters would include T'Challa joining the Avengers, an attempt by Ulysses Klaw to assassinated him. the 1980's portion will have an Acts of Vengeance/Wanted/ Crisis on Infinite Earths attempt by every Supervillain to invade Earth and T'Challa could be killed, at which point his wife Storm may flee with their son Azari. Azari can take the throne of Wakanda and grant himself the name T'Challa. He basically becomes the MCU version, complete with a civil war with Eric Killmonger's coup and a possible invasion by Thanos. Should T'Challa be snapped Okoye or possibly M'Baku takes over. Naturally its possibly for T'Challa to return.
Note: Wakanda does exist as a nation at 1936 start, unlike Kenya, which it replaces.
Libya/Carbombya(Transformers)
We actually have statistics for this one as a sign says Population 4,000 people 10,000 camels. Its default ruler Admiral Fakkadi would likely not be old enough but a similar substitute could be in place. The Real Fakkadi can show up in the 1980's Mod.
Note: Carbombya does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Liberia/Ligeria(Insecurity)So far only a name change.
Mozambique/Gorotoland(Capable of Honor)Communist country.
Note: Gorotoland does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
South Africa/Draka(The Domination of the Draka)
started off as a British colony but broke away, fighting this world's version of the Boer Wars with England. Has goals of expanding to invade all of Africa. Unlike in their main series, the Draka did not simply rename slaves into Serfs but instead simply declared independence, resulting in a war which they won. Will be invaded by the Race while having started their conquest of Africa. If there is a 1980's mod, then the Prawn ship from District 9 arrives in 1982 and the Draka set up an apartheid type system to deal with them.
Note: Draka is a dominion of United Kingdom at 1936 start
Syria/Bialya(DC Comics) In the comics the country becomes interesting in the 1980's Mod where happiness is very high, later revealed to be due to the mind controlling supervillain Queen Bee.
Note: Bialya does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Zaire/Bongo Congo
One of a handful nations ruled by a Moreau Sapien(an intelligent animal). In this case, King Leonardo, a Lion. He's a relative of the King of the Island of Naboombu, which forbids Humans. King Leopold will likely flee to Naboombu should his nation fall.
Note: Bongo Congo does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Zimbabwe/Matobo(The Interpreter)
Note: Matobo does not exist as a nation at 1936 start

Unplaced
Azania-Country from Roman literature, Black Mischief, also appears in Marvel Comics as a neighbour to Wakanda.
Babar’s Kingdom-Moreau Sapien Kingdom led by Babar the Elephant, French in culture. Has a violent neighbor in Rhinoland. Babar is calling for an end to the ivory trade.
Bangalla-Home of multigenerational hero known as the Phantom.
Equatorial Kundu-From the West Wing. In the early 2000s, the President is killed and this world's version of the Rwandan Genocide takes place here.
Genosha-Island that enslaves Mutants for labor from Marvel Comics. Is a major trade partner. Regime is eventually overthrown and possibly taken over by Magneto.
Gorilla City-Hidden City of intelligent Apes, generally peaceful minus the super villain Gorilla Grodd, though he's more at home in a 60's setting.
Kor-Lost City ruled by the immortal Queen Ayesha from She.(merged with the Vampire Akasha from Queen of the Damned) and contains the flame of Eternal youth.
Opar-Lost City visited by Tarzan on occasion, has ape like men but beautiful human looking women due to bizarre inbreeding.
Pride Lands-From the Lion King, location would be in areas where Swahili is spoken(due to the Lion King characters having Swahili names) crossed with Lion presence in Africa. the Lions are ruled by the White Lion Panja, then his son Kimba. The Lion King could take place around here though I'd put it in the 1990's
Eritrea/Wadiya-From the Dictator. Likely not a dictatorship at this point but its possible
Zuvendis-Lost City from Allan Quatermain
Race Territory(World War)-
The Race begin one of two invasion points in Draka in 1942.

ASIA
Armenia/Kuala Rokat(Mission Impossible)-Likely only a name change.
Note: Koala Rokat does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Azerbaijan/People's Republic of Tazbekistan,(Ambassadors)-Likely only a name change
Note: Azerbaijan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Bhutan/Bultan(Designated Survivor)-Likely only a name change
British Raj/India-Gained its independence much earlier during the 1898 Martian Invasion of Britain though Britain has been trying to reclaim it ever since. The Family of Prince Dakkar AKA Captain Nemo, have returned to India, granting the country advanced submarine weaponry. The country also has two significant figures vying for the role of Prime Minister, Mowgli Sethi, a young boy raised by wolves who can speak to animals(even having made amends with a snake that has the power of hypnosis) and Sohan Bhai(Aka Mahatma Ghandi). Bhai seems a peaceful man but should he become Prime Minister and obtain his hands on Nukes well...He's more than a little Nuke happy. India will also be a major player in the Eugenics Wars Mod in which Khan Noonien Singh leads the country along with the Midnight Children(Mutants born in India) on an invasion of the world.
Cambodia/Vietmahl(Destroy All Humans)- Under the control of the Komeer Beige, a parody of the Khmer Rouge led by Trahn Tot(Pol Pot). They also work in Colonel Kluckin(basically an evil Colonel Sanders).
Note: Vietmahl does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Guangxi Clique/Phaic Tan(Phaic Tan)-Comes from a fictional travel book.
Kazakhstan/Takistan(ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead)-Name change. Possibly led by a Borat look alike.
Note: Takistan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Korea/Hun Chiu(Designated Survivor)-Becomes split into West Hun Chiu and East Hun Chiu. Later ruled by Choi Kim, from Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, a much nicer King Jong Il who wants to unify Hun Chiu. By the 2010s is Replaced by Kyung Kim from Designated Survivor. Hun Chiu unified, the invasions of Japan, China and America from Home Front and a successful assassination attempt from The Interview are all possible.
Note: Hun Chiu does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Laos/Lugash(Pink Panther) Country which the Pink Panther diamond belongs.
Note: Lugash does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Manchukou/Madripoor(X-Men)-Culturally a stand in for Singapore.
Mengkukuo/Cape Suzette(Talespin)- Home to several augmented Moreau Sapiens
Mongolia-Possibly headed by Shiwan Khan, the proclaimed descendant of Genghis Khan, and the archenemy of the Shadow.
Nepal/Khura’in(Ace Attorney)
People's Republic of China-
As mentioned before, headed by Peng Tse Tung and Wu Qinghua.
Philippines/Glubbdubdrib(Gulliver’s Travels)-Most of the island nations founded by Lemuel Gulliver during Gulliver's Travels can be found around here including formerly Brobdingnag the land of Giants, which was colonized by America, hence why there are several giants in American folk tales Like Paul Bunyan and Alfred Bulltop Stormalong. Glubbdubdrib, is still around as an island of sorcerers and necromancers. Lilliput and Blefuscu, Aka the land of the little people, most of which will flee the fighting in the Pacific and become the borrowers from the Secret like of Arriety when they reach Japan. Laputa is a floating city and most of its people have abandoned it. An attempt to find it destroyed the Goliath, Britain's then most advanced warship. The land of the Houyhnhnms, a race of talking horses, when the British colonized the Philipines instead of the Spanish, used magic to warp their continent to the other universe of Equestria.
Shanxi/Kyrat(Far Cry 4) So far only name change.
Siam/Thailand/ Udon Khai(Batman) So far only namechange
Sinkiang/Sunda(State of Siege) so far only name change.
Tibet/Shambhalla(Mythology) Shambhalla is a mythical city also known as Shangri-La. Hugh Conway from Lost Horizon has recently become the nation's leader. Shambhalla is part of Tibet, which also has access to supernatural martial artists. The hidden city of Kun Lun and Nanda Parbat are also present as is the Ancient One, the current sorcerer Supreme.
Vietnam/Sarkhan(The Ugly American)The location in which the Sarkhan War(Analogous Vietnam War) takes place. The Communist are led by Wong-Chu(Communist leader, who had a hand in Iron Man's origin). The Sarkhan War can be won if the US goes under the focus tree of getting Superheroes like Dr.Manhattan involved.
Note: Sarkhan does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Xibei San Ma/Yul(Hong Gildong Jeon) So far only name change.
Yunnan/Ragaan(Embassy) so far only name change.

CARIBBEAN
Dominican Republic/Republica Libra(Shooting Script)-So far only name change.
Puerto Rico/San Lorenzo(The Cat’s Cradle) The Poorest country on Earth and under Christian Dictator "Papa" Monzano. In 1963, his death causes the exposur eof a chemical known as Ice 9, which freezes the oceans and cause much weather destruction.
Note: San Lorenzo is a U.S colony at 1936 start
Jamaica/Cayunda(John Hearne Novels)

CENTRAL AMERICA

Costa Rica/Costa Gravas(Chuck)-So far only name change.
Cuba/Tropico(Tropico). Possibly becomes led by Alejandro Costa-Our Castro analogue. A Latin American dictator from Chuck. Tropico in game tends to change ideologies depending on the players so it presumably changes ideologies constantly to the annoyance/Fear of its enemies and allies(Democracy, Communist, Fascist etc). The 1960's have the Bay of Llamas and the Tropico Missile Crisis. Costa was also invited to the Pentagon when it was attacked by Zombies and helped fight them off alongside President timothy Keegan, Richard Monkton and Preble Haugland. This experience and Costa forming a more positive relationship from having fought alongside the Americans could explain why Tropico never caused anymore problems with the US ITL.
El Salvador/Boca Grande( A Book of Common Prayer)-So far only name change.
Guatemala/San Lorenxo(Hey Arnold)-So far only name change.
Haiti- Possibly led by "Murder" Legendre, Bela Lugosi's character from White Zombie. Naturally Haiti has access to Voodoo Zombies.
Honduras/Hidalgo(Doc Savage)-Sometimes led by Doc Savage's enemy John Sunlight.
Mexico
Nicaragua/Managuay
: a Central American country in Buck Danny Thunder over the Cordillera and No-Fly Zone. The name is based off Managua, the capital city of Nicaragua. Replaces Nicaragua(making me wonder if the capital city of Managuay is Nicaragua.
Panama/Costa Modarno Central American country from Miami Vice. Resembles Panama and has a leader similar to Noriega

EUROPE
Albania/Freedonia(Duck Soup)-
Headed by Grouch Marx himself Rufus T.Firefly. Has annexed native Sylvania. Firefly is very good at convincing people, even having convinced two would be assassins to work for him instead. Napaloni hates this country and will likely try to invade it, resulting in Firefly and three of his friends to flee to America, and live under multiple aliases. He is also a huge supporter of "Marxism" which naturally is a Groucho Marx based philosophy(Actual Marxism is was founded by Karl Spotts, a Karl Marx stand in from Meccania, the Super State, which is a formable nation version of Germany, and is therefor eknown as Spottsism). Firefly can be reinstated if his country is liberated.
Austria/Osterlich(The Great Dictator) So far only a name change, but is invaded by Hynkel in the film, which is how World War II starts.
Belgium-Was thinking of having it be ruled by an older version of Tintin from the Adventures of Tintin, or Hercule Poirot.
Belarus/Syldavia(the Adventures of Tintin)-Usually depicted as being at war with Borduria
Veyshnoria(a fictional opponent state during the joint Russia-Belarus Zapad 2017 exercise)
Bulgaria/Vulgaria(Chitty Chitty Bang Bang)-Headed by the Bombhursts, our Hasburg stand in. A tyrannical family, even having the country's children abducted by the Child Catcher.
Crimea/Hav(Last Letters from Hav) So far only a namechange.
Croatia/BlitvaA state in northeastern Europe, ruled by a dictator; in a novel "Banket u Blitvi" (Banquet in Blitva, 1939) by Croatian novelist Miroslav Krleža. Blitva is the Croatian word for chard.
Note: Blitva does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Czechoslovakia/Ixania(The Dark Frontier)-In the Dark Frontier, Ixanian scientists create the secret to the atomic bomb but are prevented from giving it to the Nazis. Still conquering this land could likely lead to the nation's occupier or allies gaining Nuclear secrets by 1944.
Denmark/The Southern Isles(Frozen)-Several fantastical elements are present, including access to a Cryomancer(The Snow Queen), and ability to summon Mermaids for aid(The Little Mermaid), as well as an event in which the Danish Royal family was wiped out and now haunt the nicknamed Hamlet Castle.
East Germany
Note: East Germany does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Estonia/Elbonia(Dilbert) So far only name change.
Finland/Cimmeria(Conan the Barbarian/If on a winter's night a traveler)
A combination of two countries with the same name. Cimmeria was the ancient home of the warrior Conan wall Cimmeria in its source material fell between the World Wars, making it most likely it would fall to Fearless Leader's attempt to invade it.
Sweden- Can be controlled by Hynkel's possible ally Grindelwald. maybe an occasional appearance from Pippi Longstocking.
Georgia/Pottsylvania(Rocky and Bullwinkle)-Placement based on Fearless Leader taking Stalin's place.
Note: Pottsylvania does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Greece-Will likely have access to a whole bunch of Greek Monsters, Gods and Demigods. Too many to count but they would appear gradually.
Themyscira-Home of Wonder Woman, an event will lead to Steve Trevor discovering the Island. Diana is mentioned as having fought in World War I.
Hungary/Zubrowka(The Grand Buddhapest Hotel)-So far only a name change. the hotel's name suggests the city of Buddhapest still exists but the country's name is different.
Iceland/Aldavia(The Christmas Prince)-No real plans. Obvious Monarchy.
Note: Aldavia does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Ireland-Contains Banshees and Leprechauns for one.
Latvia/Latveria(Marvel Comics)-Dr.Doom will launch a crusade to usurp control of Latveria from its Royal Family and then fend off the Nazis.
Lithuania/Baltish(Baltish)-Baltish is a Lithuanian tv show.
Luxembourg/Borduria(The Adventures of Tintin)- Usually at war with Syldavia
Monaco/Genovia(The Princess Diaries)-Monarchy
Montenegro/Montenaro( The Princess Switch)-Monarchy
Note: Montenaro does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Netherlands-Not against replacing it.
Norway/Arendelle(Frozen)-Will likely have access to a Cryomancer.
Poland/Arztozka(Papers Please) Headed at first by the Ubu Dynasty from the Polish play Ubu Roi, which will likely be removed from power by Hynkel or Fearless Leader.
Portugal/Neutralia(Arrival and Departure)-So far only a name change.
Romania/Ruritania(Prisoner of Zenda) and Transylvania(Dracula)-Both being placed in Romania. Ruritania is a Monarchy while Transylvania is naturally headed by Count Dracula and his desire for conquest along with the aid of monsters such as the Frankenstein Monster and the Wolfman. Dracula has found a way to split his soul and posess people, resulting in multiple different versions existing. There is also a Dracula in the aid of Britain's Helsing Organization.
Serbia/Lutha(The Mad King)-Monarchy
Note: Lutha does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Slovakia/Sokovia(Marvel Cinematic Universe)
Note: Sokovia does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Spain
Switzerland
Tannu Tuva/Soviet Unterzoegersdorf-
the "last existing appanage republic of the USSR", a fake country created by monochrom for theatre performances and computer games.
Ukraine/Drusselstein(Phineas and Ferb)
Note: Ukraine does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
West Germany
Note: West Germany does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Yugoslavia/Yudonia(Drake and Josh)
Northern Ireland/Balinderry(The Six Million Dollar Man)
Caledonia(Scandal)
Carpathia(The Sleeping Prince)
Corinthia(The Puppet Crown)
Corona(Tangled)-
Located in Arztozka, possibly its capitol.
Dalmatia(You rang M’Lord)a tiny Germanic nation whose royal family were exiled to Great Britain after a communist revolution there. Seen in the TV series You Rang, M'Lord?.
Axphain, Dawsbergen and Graustark from several novels by George Barr McCutcheon
Eurasia(1984)-Formable nation, basically a joining of the Soviet Union and China
Florin, Guilder(The Princess Bride)-Two Cities in Italy.
Grand Fenwick(The Mouse that Roared)-A Micronation. Likely to go to war with America in the hope that they lose and get an economic boost as a result. The events of the short story occur in the 50's, where they can still an experimental atomic bomb.
Groland(A parody of France as well as European microstates, shown on Canal Plus television.
Ilyria(Twelfth Night) Eastern European country featured in the play Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare and subsequently in Les Mains Sales (Dirty Hands) by Jean-Paul Sartre. Illyria is also an ancient Greek and Roman name for a part of the Balkans, where its located.
Krakozhia(The Terminal)-Possibly replacing Macedonia.
Mendorra(One Life to live)
Oceania(1984)-
Formable through a NATO esque alliance between the US and UK.
Orsinia(featured in Ursula K. Le Guin's Orsinian Tales and Malafrena.)
Penguin Island(L'île des Pingouins): in the 1908 novel by Anatole France, an island in the North Sea where penguins were miraculously transformed into humans (and which is in fact a satirical view on France).
Island of Sodor(Thomas the Tank Engine)Located in Scotland.

MIDDLE EAST
Afghanistan/Helmajistan(Full Metal Panic)
Iran/Asran(Area 88)
-Monarchy, will in 1977 be involved in the Asranian Civil War and the Asranian Hostage Crisis
Iraq/Quraq(DC Comics)-Contains the city of Agrabah from Aladdin in place of Baghdad.
Israel
Note: Israel does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Qumar/Jordan(The West Wing)
Note: Qumar does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Lebanon/Ulgia(Noir)
Note: Ulgia does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Oman/Qumran(Yes Minister)
Pakistan/Qumar(The West Wing)

Note: Qumar does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Palestine/Khemed(The Adventures of Tintin)
Note: Khemed does not exist as a nation at 1936 start
Saudi Arabia/Wasabia(Florence of Arabia)
Turkey/Kemalia(US Military Exercises)-
To Explain the US engages in miniltary exercises using hypothetical wars with real nations, one of which is Turkey, which is named "Kemalia" in these exercises.
Yemen/The People’s Democratic Republic of East Yemen(Yes Minister)
Eritrea/Wadiya(The Dictator)

NORTH AMERICA
Canada

OCEANIA
Australia-
No immediate plans but will eventually have a Mad Max post apocalyptic world, and may be led by Saxton Hale at one point.
New Zealand-Not against replacing.
Note: New Zealand is a dominion of United Kingdom at 1936 start

SOUTH AMERICA
Argentina-
Not against replacing. Though Argentina here would be the go to place for retreating Nazis.
Bolivia/Miranda(The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie)-Yes, this means Simon Bolivar was named Simon Miranda instead.
Brazil
Chile/Chula(Mort & Phil).
Parody of Chile. South American country ruled by dictator Antofagasto Panocho (a parody of Augusto Pinochet), whom Mort and Phil are sent to kill.
Colombia/Val Verde(Various/Commando and Predator)-Val Verde features in many action movies.
Ecuador/Country of the Blind-Likely having Ecuador renamed Tibecuader. The country of the blind is hidden, isolated so people lost their sight long ago.
Paraguay/Maple White Land-Filled with Dinosaurs.
Peru-Ruled by the Incas, who, lead by Emperor Kuzco, fought off Spanish invasion with the use of dragons(from the Tremaire series).
Uruguay/Utopia(Utopia)-Thomas Moore's Utopia, the origin of the concept. Communist in government style. Hugo Danner and his superhuman children reside there.
Venezuela/San Theodoras(Tintin)

ANTARCTICA

Includes a few things as well, including Santa's Workshop, the Mountains of Madness, the Savage Land, the Fortress of Solitude(owned by the hero Doc Savage, but left in his will to Superman should he disappear of be killed), and a crashed alien ship containing a "Thing" alien.

zit6mdi79oc51.png

oh f**k Brazil is being invaded by shitty modern art oh f**k oh god, No pls A B A P O R U dont kill my family...

Zhihu is like Chinese Quora, but looks a little more like Chinese Reddit now, and apparently there's a huge mod ecosystem there that is unknown outside of China:

v2-26a10a15f5758ed93b6d5f7f7b52d3b6_1440w.jpg

v2-fae0621c5d5dc2de057bb82e51c6cee1_1440w.jpg

v2-62f38c959d146c1340d4f2ff4fc13639_b.jpg

v2-43c512efd5aa458a42cea85f36d81da4_1440w.jpg

v2-c7813f2fb0a7b89d85b8edefed160539_1440w.jpg

v2-2fb99dd5a87d274b6c7fbe08347d9e3d_1440w.jpg

I guess it goes to show that every nation and culture has an AH.com-DeviantArt-Reddit culture for making this sort of thing