Return of Horrible Educational Maps

absolute mess.jpg

Turkish Textbook map. Featuring:

The Cities of Ukraine and Banat, Belgrade in like Doboj or something, Venice in Istria, Bosnia is now Dalmatia, Belgium and a half-unified Italy existing at the same time as both Poland and the Ottoman Empire, funky Germany, odd Poland, D U M M Y T H I C C Ottoman empire, that weird Austrian panhandle in Galicia-Lodomeria as an international border, and last, but not least: TRABLUSGARP*.

*I know that it's just Tripolitania in Turkish. Doesn't make it any less entertaining.

I'm sure I missed something that they got wrong. This map is just so fucking far beyond cursed. It's bedeviled.

Last edited:
View attachment 564888

The Cities of Ukraine and Banat, Belgrade in like Doboj or something, Venice in Istria, Bosnia is now Dalmatia, Belgium and a half-unified Italy existing at the same time as both Poland and the Ottoman Empire, funky Germany, odd Poland, D U M M Y T H I C C Ottoman empire, that weird Austrian panhandle in Galicia-Lodomeria as an international border, and last, but not least: TRABLUSGARP*.

*I know that it's just Tripolitania in Turkish. Doesn't make it any less funny.

I'm sure I missed something that they got wrong. This map is just so fucking far beyond cursed. It's bedeviled.
Ukraine is my city.

Crazy Boris

Banned
and last, but not least: TRABLUSGARP*.

The World According to Trablusgarp is my favorite piece of Turkish cinema

View attachment 564888

HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO FUCK UP THIS MUCH? HNOEIW HMCORI GU NCGMEWGIUE TRABLUSGARP GVIPRUEYMCV UIEWGNIORU GIOWN

Last edited:
Come to think of it, the 70s logo of the Tagesschau at first glance seemed good enough, but once you start on the details it gets a bit awry.

badnews2.jpg

Well, at least they didn't try to draw borders on that...

View attachment 564888

O my dear God how did I miss this one earlier? Was this based on some kind of enfevered dream of Enver Pasha's? :p