Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

1260: height of the Mongol Empire

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

July 4 1848: Treaty of Guadeloupe-Hidalgo, just in time for its 172nd anniversary in a few days

Also: Hungarian Revolution, First Italian War of Independence, Second Carlist War, and Founding of the Toucouleur Empire.

EDIT: Fixed some errors and gave the Hungarian rebels a less Ottoman-y color

Last edited:
Hello people, I have a doubt here. Shouldn't the British possessions (Bengal at least) by painted either like Rupert's Land or in some light green to show that it was nominally Mogol? I mean, I was reading about the evolution of the BEIC for my TL and I found this in Wikipedia about the Treaty of Allahabad: "Based on the terms of the agreement, Alam granted the East India Company Diwani rights, or the right to collect taxes on behalf of the Emperor from the eastern province of Bengal-Bihar-Orissa. " Maybe the same should be applied to later maps with the Concessions in China.

I thought it deserves some debate.

other.png

To show what I was meaning, this is Bengal from my 1773 world map (still work in progress...), with the British and Mughal vassal colour inside (I think that the Nawab had some power until 1793) and the outline in Mughal colour (as in theory, the Nawab was vassal of the Mughal emperor and the British collected taxes on behalf of the emperor so)

1773.png

That's my map of 1773, many borders are from maps in this thread, some are corrections I made or after doing some research mainly in Wikipedia, as I said before, it's a work in progress

Crazy Boris

Banned
Khiva with all of Turkmenistan, the Mongolian-Manchurian border, the three countries in the present-day Central African Republic, the tiny purple country next to Guatemala, and the little nations in northern South Africa.

Khiva-one of Ollie Bye’s maps. I’ll admit I’m not 100% sure about it myself since I know Khiva lost control of the Turkmens at some point, but I don’t know when exactly that happened.

Mongolia/Manchuria: Wiki map of Qing provinces

CAR: Sultanates of Bangassou, Rafai, Zemio, and Dar el-Kuti. Info came from Omniatlas, Worldstatesmen and historyfiles. Borders for Bangassou came from on of my old maps.

Guatemala: That’s the short-lived Belgian colony of Santo Tomas.

South Africa: Derived from my own older maps. Info from that came primarily from worldstatemen.

I may have screwed up drawing the border, I largely had to eyeball it.

Tried to work with what you made, the internal borders of the aimags seem to not have changed through 19th-20th century Qing.
QBAM Mongolia.png

Sources:
- Encyclopedia of Mongolia and the Mongol Empire
- Cambridge History of China Volume 10

1773.png

I made some corrections in the Carolinas and, Virginia and West Florida + I changed the color in Korea as they had far more autonomy than the Tibetans or Mongols, but I kept the Qing vassal outline (And I guess I will do the same with many ottoman vassals)

View attachment 563358

I made some corrections in the Carolinas and, Virginia and West Florida + I changed the color in Korea as they had far more autonomy than the Tibetans or Mongols, but I kept the Qing vassal outline (And I guess I will do the same with many ottoman vassals)

Is that border for Virginia accurate for the era? Even if it was, shouldn't the proclamation line still be marked?

Also, any chance that you (or someone else) could include a few more HRE members at some point?

Is that border for Virginia accurate for the era? Even if it was, shouldn't the proclamation line still be marked?

Also, any chance that you (or someone else) could include a few more HRE members at some point?
If I understood correctly, the treaty of Fort Stanwix with the Iroquois and the treaty of Hard Labour with the Cherokee in 1768 opened much of West Virginia and Pennsylvania to the colonies, and in 1770 the treaty of Lochaber (again with the Cherokee) expanded the English boundary from the mouth of the Kanawha River to what is now Kingsport in Tennessee in a straight line. That last treaty was expanded later roughly along the Kentucky river, but I think that this last revision was unofficial. And reading again about those treaties, I should separate the Labrador region from the "Indian territory" as it was part of the Colony of Newfoundland back then. And I should revision the borders of New York.

About the HRE: I expended several hours only with the electorates, I would like to complete that map, as it's my base map for my TL where the main POD is in 1773 but this takes a lot of hours only researching, and in many areas, there are not good maps and I have to figure out myself what the borders are by interpreting the treaties. First I would like to complete India as many borders (Mysore for example) are quite wrong, but I have planned to work a bit more in the HRE and other areas of the world later on.

Last edited:
1773.png

Coast of Labrador added to Newfoundland Colony and I checked the Pennsylvania, New York, and Iroquois borders according to the treaty of Fort Stanwix. I changed the color of the Indian reserve as a puppet/vassal of the British

Edit: Corrected the Russo-Swedish border.

PD: Perhaps, as we post the maps here, we could try to justify it so we can make a list of maps (or at least areas) that have been contrasted so we can focus on areas and eras that aren't done...

Last edited:
View attachment 563388

Coast of Labrador added to Newfoundland Colony and I checked the Pennsylvania, New York, and Iroquois borders according to the treaty of Fort Stanwix. I changed the color of the Indian reserve as a puppet/vassal of the British

PD: Perhaps, as we post the maps here, we could try to justify it so we can make a list of maps (or at least areas) that have been contrasted so we can focus on areas and eras that aren't done...

Your Russo-Swedish border in Finland is wrong. You are literally using *modern* borders of Finland's provinces.
1593969595797.png

This map is for something else but it has the border correct

1773.png

@Analytical Engine I tried to add the territories of Charles Theodore (the Palatinate, Julich and Berg) and those of the Palatine of Zweibrücken and this is what i got before becoming insane. Maybe isn't much accurate but I hope it's close.

Edit: Innviertel and Mindelheim added to Bavaria, I tried to rework the southwestern bavarian border as well.

I changed the colors of the ottoman vassals/territories that enjoyed more independence. (Moldavia and Vallaquia where under Russian occupation)

Last edited: