As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

I got an nutty idea that I feel is a may to much for the butterfy to explain but I will say it other way. I like the idea of of the King of Iran Reza shan dieing in a plane crash during the late 60's 70's while trying to vist walt disney that disenyland iran world make a good follow up to nara disneyland. The sha's wife Farha become regat for crown prince Reza. While the sha was hated by the public empress Farha was well loved. Empress regant Fraha rules justly give more power power to iranin palriemtn and able to disffues support for the ayatollah. Thus modern day Iran is american friendly kingdom with an strong democary

I got an nutty idea that I feel is a may to much for the butterfy to explain but I will say it other way. I like the idea of of the King of Iran Reza shan dieing in a plane crash during the late 60's 70's while trying to vist walt disney that disenyland iran world make a good follow up to nara disneyland. The sha's wife Farha become regat for crown prince Reza. While the sha was hated by the public empress Farha was well loved. Empress regant Fraha rules justly give more power power to iranin palriemtn and able to disffues support for the ayatollah. Thus modern day Iran is american friendly kingdom with an strong democary
Gold that sounds crazy but nonetheless interesting.

Gold that sounds crazy but nonetheless interesting.
I know it seams a little nutty but I hear that the last sha of Iran was a fan of walt disney. Here a link to a youtube video of him riding the matterhorn with walt.
. The shan was also planing on funding a perisan themed hotel at disney world but he had to canccell the project do iran going in recceiosn. He was also planing on funding an iran pavilion at epcot. Any I thought disney land nara opening up in japan would cause the sha to think that he could convince walt to build a park in iran

Riverfront Square Opens!
Riverfront Square
Capture.png

After a few years of negotiations and planning, Disney finally opened Riverfront Square on June 10, 1966. Walt Disney, Jr. had just completed his sophomore year at USC in time to join his father and Uncle Roy for the ribbon cutting ceremony. Also there were Anheuser-Busch CEO Gussie Busch, Missouri governor Warren Hearnes and St. Louis mayor Alfonso Cervantes.

Dedication Plaque:

RIVERFRONT SQUARE
Dedicated June 10, 1966

FOUNDING PARTNERS
Walt Disney Productions
Anheuser-Busch, Inc.
Ralston-Purina Company
McDonnell Aircraft Corporation
Edward D. Jones & Co.
Trans World Airline Corporation

Attractions
1.jpeg

There wasn't really an icon for Riverfront Square except for a marquee outside the park. The park was designed to be indoors so that the park stayed open on rainy days.

Lot389-Blueprints03.jpg

The street level of Riverfront Square is divided into two halves. In Old St. Louis, a Mark Twain Riverboat serves as an all-ages restaurant while the Budweiser Lounge offers a place for the adults to kick back and relax. The main attraction of Old St. Louis is the Lewis and Clark Adventure, which takes guests on a canoe ride through a mythological version of the treacherous expedition.

Over in New Orleans Square, you might see the Jambalaya Jazz Band serenade guests. The main attractions of this realm are the Blue Bayou Restaurant and the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Also at New Orleans Square is the original Haunted Mansion.

7186953777_a99da4c284_b.jpg

capture6.jpeg

The midlevel section of the park, located one floor below the street level, consists of two Circarama Theatres, two dark rides and an audio-animatronic theatre.

Dark rides
Adventure Thru Innerspace (Sponsored by Monsanto)

Audio Animatronic Theatre
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Circarama Theatres
America The Beautiful
Davy Crockett's Greatest Adventures

The basement level serves as the "show buildings" for Pirates of the Caribbean and the Lewis and Clark Adventure.

TRIVIA
@Nivek
A month earlier, Busch Memorial Stadium opened, replacing Sportsman's Park as the home both the baseball and football Cardinals.
1-busch-stadium-st-louis-1966-mountain-dreams.jpg

Last edited:
Paramount Engulfed!
maxresdefault.jpg

By mid-1966, Paramount Pictures was in trouble. The former member of the "Big Five" was now a shell of its former self. The 1948 consent decree forced Paramount and other studios to sell off their former theatre chains. In the years that followed, the studio had to sell some assets just to stay in business.

Paramount already survived one takeover attempt by Chris-Craft Industries, but they couldn't escape the grasp of Charles Bluhdorn and his Gulf+Western firm. It was Bluhdorn that attempted a simultaneous hostile takeover of Walt Disney Productions, DC Comics and Motown Records a year ago, only to for all three to fight back.

With Paramount now under his control, Bluhdorn has Desilu circled next on his shopping list. Such a purchase would be convenient since Desilu is just next door to Paramount on the former RKO lot.

Gulf+Western's purchase of Paramount won't be the last corporate takeover, as the AVCO Corporation already has its eyes on the tiny Embassy Pictures studio. Taft Broadcasting has already bought Hanna-Barbera. Practically, most of the other Hollywood studios still running independently are ripe for corporate takeovers as the Golden Age entrepreneurs have either passed away or are retiring.​

Ever heard of pirate world themepark. It opened in Diane Flordia . 67 and closlsed n 75. It well well at first but went down hill after the magic kingdom opend. Perhaps it could surrive it could surrive longer if got bough out by six flags. There is also another park lost park in flordia that opened in 67 and closed in 75 called Marco pollo park (Pastport to fun world) in it last year. Unlike pirate world Marco Pollo park was neaver succesfull. Beside competion form disney it hard to reach by the highway. I feel that pirate world would be a biger plum sixflags the marco pollo park. Heres a link to pirte world and marco pollo park page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Springs_(attraction)

The biggest TV hits of '66
batman_serie_tv_t800.jpg

The first season of Batman ran on ABC in the Spring of 1966. Later that summer, a feature film was made. By this time, DC Comics, known at the time as National Periodical Publications, had survived a hostile takeover that would've merged the company with Walt Disney Productions and Motown Records.

star-trek

Narration by Leonard Nimoy (From the documentary Star Trek Memories)
"Pitched by Gene Roddenberry as "Wagon Train to the stars," Star Trek launched on NBC on the evening of September 8, 1966. At the same time as the series' debut, production company Desilu sought to fend off a takeover attempt by Gulf+Western. Despite low expectations, Star Trek became another successful addition to Desilu's television portfolio along with Mannix and Mission Impossible."

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 TV Special)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-postc.jpg

First aired on December 18, 1966 on CBS

Production Company
MGM Animation/Visual Arts

Directed by
Chuck Jones
Ben Washam

Story
Dr. Seuss
Based on his book

Voices
Boris Karloff as the Narrator and the Grinch
June Foray as Cindy Lou Who

Musical Score by
Eugene Poddany

"You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch"
Music by

Albert Hague

Lyrics by
Dr. Seuss

Sung by
Thurl Ravenscroft

Animation
Ken Harris
Lloyd Vaughn
Don Towsley
Richard Thompson
Tom Ray
Phil Roman​

The State of Animation as of 1967
Animation as of 1967...

MGM Animation/Visual Arts is hard at work on The Jungle Book, which will be in theatres in Thanksgiving 1967. Thanks to the success of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Dr. Seuss will have Horton Hears a Who available to MGM for a 1970 debut.

Hanna-Barbera has reached an agreement with Marjorie Buell for the rights to produce a Little Lulu series, which is expected to air on Saturday mornings starting in Fall '67.

20th Century Fox has hired Filmation to produce a revival of its Movietoon characters for a new TV series expected in Fall '67.

Yellow Submarine, starring and featuring the music of The Beatles, is still on track to become Universal Pictures' first feature animated film since Walter Lantz's 1949 clunker Hans Brinker.

DePatie-Freleng is still making cartoons for Warner Bros., but now with Seven Arts interested in merging with WB, it looks like DFE's partnership with Warners may be nearing its end.

Grantray-Lawrence's failure to gain any real traction has come back to bite them hard. The first season of Spider-Man may very well be GL's last hurrah unless a miracle happens.

Walt Disney Productions is still on track to release Chanticleer in 1967, with country superstar Roger Miller assuming the titular role.​

Animation as of 1967...

MGM Animation/Visual Arts is hard at work on The Jungle Book, which will be in theatres in Thanksgiving 1967. Thanks to the success of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Dr. Seuss will have Horton Hears a Who available to MGM for a 1970 debut.

Hanna-Barbera has reached an agreement with Marjorie Buell for the rights to produce a Little Lulu series, which is expected to air on Saturday mornings starting in Fall '67.

20th Century Fox has hired Filmation to produce a revival of its Movietoon characters for a new TV series expected in Fall '67.

Yellow Submarine, starring and featuring the music of The Beatles, is still on track to become Universal Pictures' first feature animated film since Walter Lantz's 1949 clunker Hans Brinker.

DePatie-Freleng is still making cartoons for Warner Bros., but now with Seven Arts interested in merging with WB, it looks like DFE's partnership with Warners may be nearing its end.

Grantray-Lawrence's failure to gain any real traction has come back to bite them hard. The first season of Spider-Man may very well be GL's last hurrah unless a miracle happens.

Walt Disney Productions is still on track to release Chanticleer in 1967, with country superstar Roger Miller assuming the titular role.​
I have a few things to say on this update...
  1. MGM Animation should go further with their relationship with Dr. Seuss. I could see a Cat in the Hat feature with the company sometime in 1973.
  2. HB's plans for a Little Lulu series makes me want to see her meet Yogi Bear, even for just one time.
  3. Here's hoping that Filmation does well with the Movietoons stars. As for the series in question, maybe an anthology series could be in the cards, like most of HB's 50's and 60's successes.
  4. If this does well, I could see Universal reviving Woody Woodpecker for television somehow.
  5. I have an idea for DFE to somehow regain WB's trust in them: Create the Pink Panther, their other stars, like the Ant and the Aardvark, and have WB distribute the shorts, like how Walt Disney did the same with his theatrical works being distributed by United Artists a while back.
  6. I have a suspicion that a miracle will happen for Grantray-Lawrence.
  7. So, is this like Rock-A-Doodle, but in better hands?

I have a few things to say on this update...
  1. MGM Animation should go further with their relationship with Dr. Seuss. I could see a Cat in the Hat feature with the company sometime in 1973.
  2. HB's plans for a Little Lulu series makes me want to see her meet Yogi Bear, even for just one time.
  3. Here's hoping that Filmation does well with the Movietoons stars. As for the series in question, maybe an anthology series could be in the cards, like most of HB's 50's and 60's successes.
  4. If this does well, I could see Universal reviving Woody Woodpecker for television somehow.
  5. I have an idea for DFE to somehow regain WB's trust in them: Create the Pink Panther, their other stars, like the Ant and the Aardvark, and have WB distribute the shorts, like how Walt Disney did the same with his theatrical works being distributed by United Artists a while back.
  6. I have a suspicion that a miracle will happen for Grantray-Lawrence.
  7. So, is this like Rock-A-Doodle, but in better hands?

1. Depending on how well Horton does as a TV special, I'm sure The Cat could see a big screen adaptation.

2. Most of HB's Lulu episodes will likely be based on the John Stanley/Irving Tripp comics. The theme song from the original Fleischer-Terry cartoons will likely be

3. I'm sure they'll do well.

4. Woody's been on TV for about a year now.

5. UA already owns the Pink Panther franchise.

6. I sure hope so too.

7. Pretty much yeah.

1. Depending on how well Horton does as a TV special, I'm sure The Cat could see a big screen adaptation.

2. Most of HB's Lulu episodes will likely be based on the John Stanley/Irving Tripp comics. The theme song from the original Fleischer-Terry cartoons will likely be

3. I'm sure they'll do well.

4. Woody's been on TV for about a year now.

5. UA already owns the Pink Panther franchise.

6. I sure hope so too.

7. Pretty much yeah.
-Well, you can't do worse than with the Universal version.

-If the recent DuckTales series IOTL can adapt the Carl Barks comics with elegance and charm, then I believe that Little Lulu could be a success in the long run.

-Oh. Thanks for clearing up Woody's television history.

-I didn't know that. I assumed that Pink Panther was part of MGM's catalog.

-On the concept of Rock-A-Doodle, would Don Bluth still work on Chanticleer?

-Well, you can't do worse than with the Universal version.

-If the recent DuckTales series IOTL can adapt the Carl Barks comics with elegance and charm, then I believe that Little Lulu could be a success in the long run.

-Oh. Thanks for clearing up Woody's television history.

-I didn't know that. I assumed that Pink Panther was part of MGM's catalog.

-On the concept of Rock-A-Doodle, would Don Bluth still work on Chanticleer?

- Don Bluth is already on the Disney staff, so yeah.

- IOTL, UA co-owned the Pink Panther with Mirisch-Geoffrey/DePatie-Freleng before MGM bought UA in the early 80s.

- Attorneys for Tripp and Stanley made sure HB properly credits them for the episodes that follow the comics. HB also hired Jack Mercer away from Famous Studios to help write additional episodes to fill the 26 episode order from CBS. Mercer had some experience with the property, having worked on the later Fleischer-Terry Little Lulu shorts after World War II.

- The Beatles, Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, Chilly Willy, Hector Heathcote and The Mighty Heroes are the series currently being churned out by Famous.

- If it helps, Fox and Filmation have brought back Tex Avery to help out with the new Movietoon Show.

Professional Sports as of 1967
Major League Baseball
American League
Eastern Division

Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
New York Yankees

Western Division
Los Angeles Angels (From PCL)
Oakland Athletics (Formerly Kansas City)
Portland Beavers (From PCL)
Seattle Rainiers (From PCL)
Texas Rangers
Vancouver Mounties (From PCL; Formerly Oakland Oaks; Moved in 1956)

National League
Eastern Division

Atlanta Braves (Formerly Milwaukee; Moved in 1966)
Brooklyn Dodgers
Cincinnati Reds
Minnesota Twins (Formerly New York Giants; Moved in 1958)
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates

Western Division
Chicago Cubs
Hollywood Stars (From PCL)
Houston Astros (From PCL; Formerly Sacramento Solons; Moved in 1962)
San Diego Padres (From PCL)
San Francisco Seals (From PCL)
St. Louis Cardinals

National Football League
Eastern Conference
Capitol

Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

Century
Cleveland Browns
New Orleans Saints (Expansion)
Pittsburgh Steelers
St. Louis Cardinals

Western Conference
Central

Chicago Bears
Detroit LIons
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

Coastal
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Colts
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers

American Football League
Eastern Division

Boston Patriots
Buffalo Bills
Cincinnati Bengals (Expansion)
Miami Dolphins
New York Jets

Western Division
Denver Broncos
Houston Oilers
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers

Canadian Football League
Eastern Division

Hamilton Tiger Cats
Montreal Alouettes
Ottawa Rough Riders
Toronto Argonauts

Western Division
BC Lions
Calgary Stampeders
Edmonton Eskimos
Saskatchewan Roughriders
Winnipeg Blue Bombers

National Basketball Association
Eastern Division

Baltimore Bullets
Boston Celtics
Cincinnati Royals
Detroit Pistons
New York Knicks
Philadelphia 76ers

Western Division
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
San Diego Rockets (Expansion)
San Francisco Warriors
Seattle Supersonics (Expansion)
St. Louis Hawks

American Basketball Association
Eastern Division

Indiana Pacers
Kentucky Colonels
Minnesota Muskies
New Jersey Americans
Pittsburgh Pipers

Western Division
Dallas Chaparrals
Denver Nuggets
Houston Mavericks
Los Angeles Stars
Oakland Oaks

National Hockey League
Eastern Division

Boston Bruins
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Montreal Canadiens
New York Rangers
Toronto Maple Leafs

Western Division (All Expansion)
Los Angeles Kings
Minnesota North Stars
Oakland Seals
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
St. Louis Blues

A Snippet of a casual conversation

roy_o_disney.jpg

Roy O. Disney
"How's Junior doing at USC?"

Walt-Disney-bio-450x600.jpg

Walt Disney, Sr.
"Doing great actually. The other day he told me he made a new friend. Maybe two."​