Bruce Lee celebrates 80th birthday

Supposing Bruce Lee is still alive in 2020, what other accomplishments might he have made by this point? How is Hollywood or the martial arts genre different? And might he build his own studio or video game studio?

I say he probably would have been hired to work on the Original Karate Kid possibly playing the role of Mr. Miyagi (name would probably be changed )

I say he probably would have been hired to work on the Original Karate Kid possibly playing the role of Mr. Miyagi (name would probably be changed )
I think the movie would also probably have a different title, and there would be some differences to the plot.

Supposing Bruce Lee is still alive in 2020, what other accomplishments might he have made by this point? How is Hollywood or the martial arts genre different? And might he build his own studio or video game studio?
He need to change his lifestyle, maybe an earlier and tamer healthscare allow him to cool down more and train more naturally?

That would be an amazing alternate movie, maybe here he got luck and we got warrior with him as the lead?

He need to change his lifestyle, maybe an earlier and tamer healthscare allow him to cool down more and train more naturally?
Since he died of an allergic reaction to a painkiller I am not sure how you can avoid it unless he gives up martial arts entirely or the allergy is identified before he took it.

Since he died of an allergic reaction to a painkiller I am not sure how you can avoid it unless he gives up martial arts entirely or the allergy is identified before he took it.
Yeah but he got that issue as he overextended himself too much, maybe an earlier healthscare allow to indentify that allergy in a safer enviroment?

Yeah but he got that issue as he overextended himself too much, maybe an earlier healthscare allow to indentify that allergy in a safer enviroment?

Possibly, it certainly was a shame. He wasn't just a great martial artist but I truly good human being from what I read.

Could he be invited to play roles not just in Hong Kong serials (not particularly exclusive to TVB though), but also in Taiwanese, Chinese, even Singaporean dramas?

PS:
What would its impact on the career of his OTL successors, especially Jackie Chan?

:
What would its impact on the career of his OTL successors, especially Jackie Chan?
Jackie Chan successfully stepped away from the Bruce Lee ripoffs by taking inspiration from the American films of Buster Keaton and Fred Astaire so I could see Drunken Master be made earlier but otherwise unchanged

Last edited:
If surviving Bruce Lee doesn't affect too much to Tarantino's career would he act Pai Mei on Kill Bill assuming that he lives long enough and has pretty good health?

Suggested title: Apprentice of the Dragon
PSX_20200630_120336.jpg

Something like this ? Also if Bruce Lee is involved Chuck Norris probably accepted the role as the head of Cobra Kai ITTL

Last edited:
Does this also Butterfly away Brandon Lee's death on the set of the Crow? Or if it does not how would the loss of his son in such a tragic movie accident effect him

I'm sceptical. If Bruce Lee were still alive today, he'd probably be just a source of geek jokes, like Chuck Norris. Short of some big scandal involving sex, drugs and murder, I would doubt even the tabloids would be interested in him.

I'm sceptical. If Bruce Lee were still alive today, he'd probably be just a source of geek jokes, like Chuck Norris. Short of some big scandal involving sex, drugs and murder, I would doubt even the tabloids would be interested in him.

I don't know if Lee is necessarility involved with any scandals but surely he would be much lesser famous. He is not going make Kung Fu movies very long. People at some point will are bored with them and find something else. And of course when Lee becomes older he is not going to be that great martial artist anymore. If Lee would be still alive probably he would be just footnote on history of Kung Fu movies.

Of course it is too possible that him might have succesful serious career but it is bit doubtful.