Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few notes on Germany/Central Europe (most of them are taken from the German shadowrun wiki which is based on official book data):

- Königsberg is not part of the ADL/German Confederation but a corporate state which employs some disneylandesque revivalist rethoric in regards to "baltic culture" and some European noble families.
- Pomorya (Parts of Western Pomerania and a small slice of Polish Pomerania) as well as Berlin are only arguably part of the ADL as well, though they are often counted as part of it.
- A small slice of eastern Bavaria was incorporated into Czechia due to some independence shenanigans which originally comprised border territories of both Bavaria and Bohemia but eventually got annexed in full by the latter
- Most of the German subdivisions are wrong, see here.
- the territorial losses of the Black Flood isn't noted in any of the European countries
- Belgium gets the usual Flanders to Netherlands, Wallonia to France and Brussels independent treatment
- Luxembourg and a bunch of bordering territories are nuclear wasteland due to some Chernobyl on crack thingy happening in Cattenom
- Corsica and Basque are independent
- the Balkans are further balkanized. Some maps also appear to display a north-south divided Romania with a small Szeklerland independent as well (I would guess some form of Vampire shenanigans, or at least wannabe Vampires since I don't know whether or not Vampires exist in Shadowrun rn) but it might be a temporary thing which isn't a thing in 2080 anymore or something that only happens during 2080...

Other than that, this is a neat map. I planned to make one a while ago too but I never got to making it. Maybe because of the previously mentioned contradictory information, who knows
Thanks for the tips! I added those changes to the map and made a couple more that I noticed later that were missing, namely the troll state in north-eastern Cote d'Ivorie and the fact that the Ute Nation had given the non-native Mormons (or those they didn't genocide at least) Salt Lake City as an independent city-state, so it wasn't bought alongside the Ute Nation when the PCC bought it.
shadowrun.png

unknown.png

So here is a surprise cover for @RoyalPsycho's worldA, Very Displaced. The idea of a non-Muslim African colonization of the Americas has always tickled me fancy, but a completely displacement of the entirety of sub-Saharan African onto North America was even more intriguing. The writeup and idea goes completely to RoyalPsycho, but all the toponyms (other than the named few) were made out of artistic liberty.

This is really cool! How did you go about creating toponyms?

Map of my hyper alt-German Empire by 1900:

View attachment 560215

The background of this alt-Empire is a Kingdom of East Francia/Germany allied with the Norse in order to implement an aggressive policy of Ostsiedlung in Russia and Ukraine, later colonizing Siberia in an analogue way the Russians did IOTL (with Germanized Cossacks etc.). Italy is fully conquered, opening the way to German settlement in Tunisia. The German Empire also helped the Byzantines to survive in order to block any Turkic/Persian/Egyptian advance into the Balkans. Iceland here is re-settled by the British.
Dreipel

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 7.29.39 PM.png

TRIUMPH OF THE AMERICAN UNION!

Should glory of Old might be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The Blood and strife recalled not,
and fully past and gone:
With fervor be and full in Mind,
pride in what has bygone;
Lest our great Nation won't look back

On Times long past.
-American patriotic poem, sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.

View attachment 560321

TRIUMPH OF THE AMERICAN UNION!

Should glory of Old might be forgot,
and never thought upon;
The Blood and strife recalled not,
and fully past and gone:
With fervor be and full in Mind,
pride in what has bygone;
Lest our great Nation won't look back

On Times long past.
-American patriotic poem, sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne.

That song says to me "mistakes were made, really really big ones at that, but we are committed to forgetting them"

Heirs of Rome.jpg

And debuting:

The Heirs of Rome map, got to clean it up though.

In Green: Byzantine Empire/ Empire of the Rhomaioi
In Light Green: Italian/Roman Empire
In Dark Green: Vlachian Empire/ Empire of the Rhomanoi
In Dark Red: Carolingian Empire
In Dark Blue: Arturian Empire (with a Romanic English people)
In Yellow: Empire of Hispania
In Red: Lusitan Empire

Go Down, Moses, Way Down in Egypt Land
ChDz2p6.png
In the Year of Our Lord 1858, the heavens parted and lo, Southern Illinois found itself in a new Promised Land. A land free for all... All non-slaves that is.

The Republic of Little Egypt was founded in 1860. The nickname of "Little Egypt" was coined sometime in the early 1830s and as of the present day, it is held that Little Egypt will be a mighty empire, like the biblical Egypt before it. It still has some trappings of American life. It's an American style Presidential Republic, a majority of the population follows Christianity, and it was founded with an American style constitution (Granted, that is a 1860s constitution, but still).
The same cannot be said of the Kingdom of Lower Egypt. Lower Egypt is a puppet state of Little Egypt, but they got a little bit obsessed with Ancient Egyptian culture and religion. An absolute monarchy ruled by a Pharaoh, who claimed to have received a vision from Thoth on building a new Egypt. The Kingdom of Lower Egypt has everything one would associate with Biblical Egypt: Pharaohs, Magicians, slavery, polytheism, slavery, and slavery.
In opposition to these two nations are a collection of nation-states.
The Federation of America is what remains of Pro-Slavery Illoniosians who were more patriotic in the American Dream than the Republic of Little Egypt. They still have chattel slavery, albeit on a smaller scale than Little Egypt. This makes their oppositions mostly a thing of the past and they do tend to trade more with their neighbor to the north.
What remained of some form of federal government fled to Northern Illinois and expanded outwards under the leadership of Abraham Lincoln, who was campaigning in Cario when the ISOT occured. They are in a perpetual war with Little Egypt, seeing it as a secessionist government from the United States. They say that all land that once belonged to the USA still belongs to them, and thus have seats in their legislature for every missing state in the Union, with representatives coming from Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
The Free American State is a small buffer nation founded by Abolitionists. It's less of a state and more of an autonomous military outpost for the Republic of New Afrika.
The Republic of New Afrika, occasionally called "Canaan", was organized by a former slave named Moses Jefferson. All escaped slaves know to come to Canaan/New Afrika as it is the safest place in the world. Some hope that one day, the nation of Little Egypt will suffer from a divine plague that will save those trapped in bondage.

(This complete stemmed from me thinking too hard about "Little Egypt" and everything spiraled from there. I didn't put too much research into it for the write up.)

ChDz2p6.png
In the Year of Our Lord 1858, the heavens parted and lo, Southern Illinois found itself in a new Promised Land. A land free for all... All non-slaves that is.

The Republic of Little Egypt was founded in 1860. The nickname of "Little Egypt" was coined sometime in the early 1830s and as of the present day, it is held that Little Egypt will be a mighty empire, like the biblical Egypt before it. It still has some trappings of American life. It's an American style Presidential Republic, a majority of the population follows Christianity, and it was founded with an American style constitution (Granted, that is a 1860s constitution, but still).
The same cannot be said of the Kingdom of Lower Egypt. Lower Egypt is a puppet state of Little Egypt, but they got a little bit obsessed with Ancient Egyptian culture and religion. An absolute monarchy ruled by a Pharaoh, who claimed to have received a vision from Thoth on building a new Egypt. The Kingdom of Lower Egypt has everything one would associate with Biblical Egypt: Pharaohs, Magicians, slavery, polytheism, slavery, and slavery.
The Federation of America is what remains of Pro-Slavery Illoniosians who were more patriotic in the American Dream than the Republic of Little Egypt. They still have chattel slavery, albeit on a smaller scale than Little Egypt. This makes their oppositions mostly a thing of the past and they do tend to trade more with their neighbor to the north.
What remained of some form of federal government fled to Northern Illinois and expanded outwards under the leadership of Abraham Lincoln, who was campaigning in Cario when the ISOT occured. They are in a perpetual war with Little Egypt, seeing it as a secessionist government from the United States. They say that all land that once belonged to the USA still belongs to them, and thus have seats in their legislature for every missing state in the Union, with representatives coming from Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.
The Free American State is a small buffer nation founded by Abolitionists. It's less of a state and more of an autonomous military outpost for the Republic of New Afrika.
The Republic of New Afrika, occasionally called "Canaan", was organized by a former slave named Moses Jefferson. All escaped slaves know to come to Canaan/New Afrika as it is the safest place in the world. Some hope that one day, the nation of Little Egypt will suffer from a divine plague that will save those trapped in bondage.

(This complete stemmed from me thinking too hard about "Little Egypt" and everything spiraled from there. I didn't put too much research into it for the write up.)

"Let my people go" intensifies.

ChDz2p6.png

Why "New Afrika" with a k? I think that spelling only became a thing during the Black Panthers era

Why "New Afrika" with a k? I think that spelling only became a thing during the Black Panthers era

That's what I was able to find as well. The first source (see page 17 of 387) has a footnote, which suggests that the "k" was used to emphasise the "hard c".

I was bored so I deleted Spain and replaced it with Fodlan from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. (Probably overestimated on it's size though.)
Surprisingly fits well into Europe.

1593196222077.png

Status
Not open for further replies.