The Anglo-Saxon Social Model - The Expanded Universe

Firstly, I can't help but feel that you have created a series of intracat economic changes to boost the average persons Disposable income, then got rid of it all by increase the size of games Workshop (!)

GW single-handedly trying to prevent affluence-induced civilizational collapse...

Secondly, I like this now Horus Hersey TV show a lot! Are the Primarch different here? Do we have female legions?

Not female legions but I had imagined that there would be both male and female marines, if for no other reason than otherwise the cast would be about 95% male. (IIRC the fact that all space marines are male wasn't established as canon until the first of FW's Horus Heresy rulebooks anyway, but I stand to be corrected on that.) I don't have full thoughts on casting but I'm pretty settled on these:
  • Peter Dinklage - Malcador
  • Pedro Pascal - Sanguinius
  • Tom Hiddlestone - Fulgrim
  • Danai Guria - Vulkan
  • Jason Momoa - Angron
  • Ian Glen - Garviel Loken
I was planning on doing a full cast list but really struggled and didn't get anywhere near finished in time. In particular, I didn't know where to put Charles Dance: my favourite characters for him were Dorn, Valdor or even the Emperor.

As you can see, this show is basically TTL's GoT but I don't think that means that we can really transpose the casts, especially the younger ones: I could imagine Kit Harrington and Richard Madden having roles as space marines; but people like Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams? I don't know, even in mixed-sex legions. Perhaps one of them would be cast as Euphrati Keeler?

Last edited:
IIRC the fact that all space marines are male wasn't established as canon until the first of FW's Horus Heresy rulebooks anyway, but I stand to be corrected on that
I believe so, although I think this topic is fai rly contentious.
I have a few more thou ghts for the morning when I can get on my keyboard

I was planning on doing a full cast list but really struggled and didn't get anywhere near finished in time. In particular, I didn't know where to put Charles Dance: my favourite characters for him were Dorn, Valdor or even the Emperor.

As you can see, this show is basically TTL's GoT but I don't think that means that we can really transpose the casts, especially the younger ones: I could imagine Kit Harrington and Richard Madden having roles as space marines; but people like Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams? I don't know, even in mixed-sex legions. Perhaps one of them would be cast as Euphrati Keeler?
I could definitely see Charles Dance as Valdor. Maybe someone more of a similar age to the other actors playing Primarchs for Dorn, someone who's now in their early-to-mid 40s.

Of the three ladies only Emilia Clarke would be old enough to make sense playing Eurphrati Keeler, assuming she appears from the start.

I have a few more thoughts for the morning when I can get on my keyboard
but I don't think that means that we can really transpose the casts, especially the younger ones
Hair colour alone might be a guide. I should imagine for example that most blond actors would end play Utlra-marines? Then again you would have a gult of Ultramarines and not much else. On the other hand, the Forge World model for one of the Imperail fist appears to have blond hair... https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Alexis-Polux-405th-Captain-of-the-Imperial-Fists

Edit: Apparently, the Forge World Leman Russ Model is also yellow hair-ed
I think Dorn is consider Tasititurn in Real life cannon, which based on what little I know of Dance does not quite follow. Then again the whole emtionsless "As if cast in stone" thing for the Imperail fists might get changed to make better television.
Maisie Williams
From what little I know about her, I would suggest that she is too short to convicingly protray a 12 foot super soilder.

Sorry I can't help more, sadly I have never read the Horus heresy books.

Last edited:
Businesses: The Co-operative Group
Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 21.03.36.png

Not female legions but I had imagined that there would be both male and female marines, if for no other reason than otherwise the cast would be about 95% male. (IIRC the fact that all space marines are male wasn't established as canon until the first of FW's Horus Heresy rulebooks anyway, but I stand to be corrected on that.) I don't have full thoughts on casting but I'm pretty settled on these:

If memory serves correct, he did try to make female space marines, but it failed. I think the standing canon is that a few female space marines survived the process, but not wanting to waste resources it was abandoned. Since this is early days, of course, they could play the few that made it, before the project was canceled. That said, I think the best course of action would be to have Maisie Williams to be a member of the Sisters of Silence.

And TBH, it had been practically canon for a while, and they stated it directly, to shut people up.

Hair colour alone might be a guide. I should imagine for example that most blond actors would end play Utlra-marines? Then again you would have a gult of Ultramarines and not much else. On the other hand, the Forge World model for one of the Imperail fist appears to have blond hair... https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Alexis-Polux-405th-Captain-of-the-Imperial-Fists

Edit: Apparently, the Forge World Leman Russ Model is also yellow hair-ed

I think Dorn is consider Tasititurn in Real life cannon, which based on what little I know of Dance does not quite follow. Then again the whole emtionsless "As if cast in stone" thing for the Imperail fists might get changed to make better television.

Weirdly, while I was going to sleep the other night the perfect casting for Russ came to me but I've completely forgotten it. I did think Henry Cavill (with moustache obviously) might work as Dorn but he's probably too young.

It did occur to me, given the transposing of as much of OTL's GOT cast to this as possible, that Sean Bean would be perfect as Ferrus Manus.

If memory serves correct, he did try to make female space marines, but it failed. I think the standing canon is that a few female space marines survived the process, but not wanting to waste resources it was abandoned. Since this is early days, of course, they could play the few that made it, before the project was canceled.

And TBH, it had been practically canon for a while, and they stated it directly, to shut people up.

I think TTL the show runners decided to have female marines and primarchs just so they could have a cast that wasn't just all-male. But I take the point.

From what little I know about her, I would suggest that she is too short to convicingly protray a 12 foot super soilder.
That said, I think the best course of action would be to have Maisie Williams to be a member of the Sisters of Silence.

There'd probably be a fair bit of CGI work on everyone who plays primarchs/marines. But you're probably right that the best she could hope for TTL is a smaller part later in the series.

There'd probably be a fair bit of CGI work on everyone who plays primarchs/marines.
Maybe not as much as you might think at first brush,. The Lord of the Rings was filmed in 2000, which made some very creative use of camera angles to create the effect of the height and size differences between humans and elves, and dwarves and hobbits.

Tom Hiddleston as Fulgrim is some spot on casting.

Thanks! I suspect his star power will tempt the show runners to make Fulgrim a bit more of a sympathetic/tortured figure than the OTL canon but maybe that's no bad thing.

Maybe not as much as you might think at first brush,. The Lord of the Rings was filmed in 2000, which made some very creative use of camera angles to create the effect of the height and size differences between humans and elves, and dwarves and hobbits.

Very true. But I was also thinking of how ripped they'd have to be, although I suppose that could be covered by their armour and suchlike.

Very pleased about the Co-op having such a huge pan Commonwealth presence. I'm assuming that the OTL big retailers in the UK are thriving? So Tesco, Sainsbury's, and maybe an Asda (not bought up by WalMart) continue to also dominate?
hmm i had a sudden vision of a high street filled with versions of Arkwright's and Grace Brothers. probably with a chain of gyms known as the Brittas Empire

Very pleased about the Co-op having such a huge pan Commonwealth presence. I'm assuming that the OTL big retailers in the UK are thriving? So Tesco, Sainsbury's, and maybe an Asda (not bought up by WalMart) continue to also dominate?
So the three biggest supermarkets in the Commonwealth are the Co-op, B&Q and Imtiaz (in that order). In that sense they're kind of the TTL equivalents of Tesco, Sainsbury's and Asda (and probably with those kind of vibes too). The Sainsbury family has been folded into B&Q but Tesco and Asda (as well as Morrisons and M&S etc.) might still exist as smaller concerns. As I've tried to show in the B&Q infobox (and in another update to come tomorrow), most supermarkets are run on a cooperative basis often in conjunction with a particular aristocratic agricultural estate.

hmm i had a sudden vision of a high street filled with versions of Arkwright's and Grace Brothers. probably with a chain of gyms known as the Brittas Empire
A truly terrifying thought...

Last edited:
One Idea I had for example would be a cooperative local amazon type company, for example a local council or a cooperative company hires out vans(delivers) or in this TL maybe drones are in use now and using this local business can then hire these drones and uses it to deliver goods to folk. Allowing the convenience of amazon home delivery but allowing smaller high street shops to keep going.

One Idea I had for example would be a cooperative local amazon type company, for example a local council or a cooperative company hires out vans(delivers) or in this TL maybe drones are in use now and using this local business can then hire these drones and uses it to deliver goods to folk. Allowing the convenience of amazon home delivery but allowing smaller high street shops to keep going.

I think that's very likely. One of the reasons I chose to do infoboxes that I did on those e-commerce sites is to give some idea how TTL's internet changed what modern work would look like. So, to take your example, I can completely foresee that a teamsters' union or a group of sole contractors would form online cooperatives to hire themselves out.