WIP Map Thread

How I hate combination of Nazis won and Atlantropa realized... I like both tropes of course but not combined... but it still looks interesting.
Also, if you want dystopy, it is actually good combination...

@Unkown00 nah, surely not a critique, just personal opinion. Yep, nazis going on with Atlantropa project is nonsense to me, but there are more ASB premises and scenarion with which I am absolutely ok :D
And as I say, for some sort of nightmarish dystopia it is ideal
I am definitely curious about completed map

aekjrQt.png

A near completed WIP map, for a request by @JK2004

THE ARRIVAL

In a world not too different from our very own 2014, life went on as normal. Despite that things looked normal, on November 13, 2014, two days before the “Arrival”, the “Hosts” were already planning their grand scheme to take over all of Earth. The hosts are an alien species who fled their home planet after it was taken over by another hostile species, and they needed a new planet to call home and why not here on Earth. The Hosts reached out to collaborators and helped establish the Institute of Global Advancement and in secrecy, recruited loyal collaborators to run Earth who knew about their upcoming Arrival.

At 5:30 PM, the Institute for Global Advancement began the takeover. The IGA swiftly detained and purged major world leaders, generals, and major heads of corporations to make sure there would be no interference or resistance to the Arrival. Next, the Hosts turned off all of Earth’s satellites to cripple communication by unknown means. At 7:00 PM, the Host ships then launched a very strong EMP attack on all of Earth, as strong as a solar flare. This caused planes to fall from the sky, train crashes, and nuclear power plant meltdowns.

As chaos began to take root from 7:00 PM to 10:15 PM, the Hosts then launched their final phase of the Arrival. At 10:15 PM, massive orbital walls were lowered down on every major city on the globe. By 12:00 PM, all of Earth’s major cities and large towns were isolated and cut off from outside control. The IGA then took over the majority of Earth’s major countries as new leaders and surrendered control of their countries to the Hosts. Despite this, resistance still did continue but all of Earth was now at the mercy of their new masters, the Hosts.

A VICHY EARTH

Despite all of Earth being ruled by the Hosts, life continues as normal. Think like how Frenchmen during the German occupation continued on with their lives instead of grabbing the nearest gun and running into the forest to resist. Life continues as normal as can be, with people trying to make the most of it. The Hosts were no typical alien invaders wanting to establish direct rule, they were much smarter. Using collaborators they installed to power across Earth, they ruled indirectly and in terms of direct territory they rule, it is very little.

After the takeover, the Hosts sponsored the creation of the International Global Transitional Authority, making the United Nations no longer a meaningful organization. The IGN is more like a “evil” United Nations with only the most loyal collaborator nations running the show. The IGA security pact leaders is the United State of America, Argentina, Britain, France, Switzerland, UAE, and China. Next, there are “Region Leaders”, the USA leads North America, Argentina leads South America, Switzerland leads Europe, Russia leads Eurasia, Egypt leads North Africa, Ethiopia leads Africa, UAE leads the Near East, India the India Region, China leads East Asia, Indonesia leads Southeast Asia, and Austria leads the Australasia region.

Most of the world’s governments are under a crapsack totalitarian regime who play second fiddle to the Hosts. There are no more actual democracies on Earth anymore and governments vary from dystopian totalitarian states to hybrid “fake democracies. The Hosts would not tolerate any democratic government, in the case that a government would elect an anti occupation government. Also, most religions are also under close surveillance to make sure no “radicals” try to start trouble (such as in Iran).

The IGA is also built to preserve status quo on Earth and prevent conflicts between nations, the Hosts don’t want their puppets fighting each other. In order to impose peace, the IGA created “mandates” for contested or controversial regions on Earth. This is to increase cooperation and not make too much nations designated as they already are. If some are too pissy, they can share the fate of Brazil and Iran. The IGA is also committed to help stabilize other failed states stuck in eternal conflict. This program is more mediocre in terms of success, but at least Somalia and Libya have one government now right?

Despite what the propaganda says as the Hosts being benevolent overseers of peace and prosperity to Earth, that is far from the truth. The Hosts act with brutal means when a country or city dare challenge their rule. This happened in Dallas in which the city attempted to start an insurrection against Host rule. As a result, Host ships nuked Dallas from orbit, reducing the city to a sheet of glass and proving that the Hosts would take any means to secure domination. Dallas isn’t the only victim, other cities such as Rio de Janeiro, Volgograd, Tehran, and Tianjin also share the same fate as Dallas.

The dots on earth represent the major Host city bases across earth. They are not the only cities occupied though, numerous other cities across Earth also share the same fate. The cities are under direct rule from the Hosts, but they let local leaders, warlords, and collaborators run business (The Hosts are really hands off). The Hosts also occupy not only cities, but also many important trade routes to hold a monopoly on trade. They also even took over Antarctica, maybe for science purposes? We don’t really know either.

Using cunning techniques, the Hosts managed to control all of Earth at it seems it might stay that way. There is still resistance but the hardcore reisters flee to the forests and rural areas to cooperate and plan attacks. Most people practice passive resistance, such as ranting about Host occupation in private, like how Soviet people made jokes about the ineffective Soviet economy. It is now 2016 at the Hosts are not going to leave anytime soon, making their presence on Earth permanent, for now, forever? Who knows. We’ll have to see...

The IGA security pact leaders is the United State of America, Argentina, Britain, France, Switzerland, UAE, and China. Next, there are “Region Leaders”, the USA leads North America, Argentina leads South America, Switzerland leads Europe, Russia leads Eurasia, Egypt leads North Africa, Ethiopia leads Africa, UAE leads the Near East, India the India Region, China leads East Asia, Indonesia leads Southeast Asia, and Austria leads the Australasia region.
Mwahahaha :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:
Make Austria Great Again!

ci4KIYb.png

I always had the interest to write a Future Timeline where, by the 2150s, almost everything went wrong for the world; a break between Europe and the US, a limited WWIII over the melted Arctic passage, a collapse of the global economy and famines as a result of degraded arable farmlands, and overall worse and worse climate change forcing rather liberal countries adopting more and more autocratic features with Europe, for example, practically becoming a collection of de-facto military juntas. China embraces totalitarianism to its greatest extent thanks to improving supervision technologies and the senate and congress of the USA practically being in a constant deadlock over most affairs, with the country itself resembling more and more a corporate dystopia. The Middle East, after the end of commercial oil, fails to lift off into a post-oil economy and falls into a great war which had been building up for decades, ending with an (extremely limited) nuclear exchange. Overall, the world is in a constant cold war between the EU, the US, and the PRC over the Arctic passage, spheres of influences, orbital weapons and mining rights on the moon and beyond.
It's not supposed to be hyperrealistic, but I always thought it would be a fun timeline to write and read, but I think it would gather enough attention to make extensive writing worthwhile.
Note: the black areas are inhabited, but do not necessarily resemble some sort of anarchic state within the region, but rather such a complete collapse of authority that communalism and warlordism emerged victorious in these areas.

1592969458850.png

Working on a "United States of Earth" using mostly past and present OTL borders to make the states. North America is pretty much done but I haven't touched much outside of the Americas yet cause I want to finish South America. Brazil, Venezuela, and Argentina are mostly done, but I'm not happy with Colombia, Ecuador, or Peru, and Chile and Bolivia could also use some work. Very open to suggestions.

Last edited:
View attachment 559705
Working on a "United States of Earth" using mostly past and present OTL borders to make the states. North America is pretty much done but I haven't touched much outside of the Americas yet cause I want to finish South America. Brazil, Venezuela, and Argentina are mostly done, but I'm not happy with Colombia, Ecuador, or Peru, and Chile and Bolivia could also use some work. Very open to suggestions.
Maybe split coastal and inland parts of andean countries? Also peruvian (ecuadorean/colombian) parts of Amazonia merge with brazilian Amazon?
But better to ask someone who actually knows something about S. America :D