Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Californication: Have a nation or region who's role in the entertainment industry is a significant portion of their economy.
I Fought the Law: Have a nation recovering from a failed uprising.

Not like Detroit: Have a city with the centre of industry suffered terrible decline with the continuous decline of industry amid rampant high crime rate, thus lowering their city's significance.

Not like Detroit: Have a city with the centre of industry suffered terrible decline with the continuous decline of industry amid rampant high crime rate, thus lowering their city's significance.
I support this for the next turn ^^

I guess it would include industries like the tourism industry too, not just manufactured goods ?

If people like this one, I'll put it on the list for the future but probably not run it right away, since we had a round on the topic of cities pretty recently with MotF 215.

Besides all the Glamor
Produce a map depicting a society/region infamous for their indulgent luxury

It Ends Here
Show the furthers borderlands/last outposts of an empire and it's interaction with the locals beyond their borders

Where Strode Behemoth
Make a map of a world where Phillip II of Macedon (and thus Alexander the Great) never begin their conquests

Sails at Ease
Make a map depicting a tropical thassalocracy in a time of peace and prosperity

Last edited:
A few suggestions:

All in the Family: Create a map showing a war between monarchies ruled by members of the same family.
180º: Create a map showing a country that could be considered the "complete opposite" of its IRL equivalent.

Cartographical Jukebox: Pick a song and make a map that is in some way inspired by that song. It doesn't have to be directly tied to it, but just something that reminds you of the song.
Parallelism: Map out a movement that happened IRL as happening earlier. An earlier Civil Rights movement or an earlier Russian Revolution, for examples.
Biggering: Depict a nation that has suddenly and surprisingly gone expansionist.