Prologue: Bhimsen is Nepal, and Nepal is Bhimsen
Prologue: Nepal is Bhimsen, and Bhimsen is Nepal

One is born in this world in order to undergo the fruits of actions performed in past life. After the fruits of such actions are undergone, the soul is separated from the body. It then departs to another world to undergo the fruits of actions performed by it during its residence in the body. This is the way of the world. – King Girvan Yuddha Bir Bikram Shah of Nepal

He was the first Nepalese statesman who grasped the meaning of the system of protectorate which Lord Wellesley had carried out in India. He saw one native state after another came within the net of British Subsidiary Alliance and his policy was steadily directed to save Nepal from a similar fate.Percival Landon

If I die the nation will not die, but if Bhimsen dies the nation will collapse. – King Rajendra Bir Bikram Shah of Nepal

"Go capture the fort that you could not win by war, but now we have left it at our own will". - Balbhadra Kunwar, Captain of the Royal Nepalese Army

“Chasing angels or fleeing demons, go to the mountains.” - Old Nepali Quote

May 25th, 1816, Kathmandu, Nepal

Bhimsen Thapa, the Mukhtiyar (Prime Minister of Nepal) clenched his teeth as sweat poured down his 41 year old body. He looked towards the roof of the Durbar once before looking towards the distance the Angrezi (British) enter the court. Poor King Girvan Yuddha Bir Bikram Shah. The young King had survived the deadly disease of small pox against all odds. And the old man in Bhimsen Thapa felt guilty as Edward Gardner entered the Durbar admiring it as he walked with the two Royal guards behind him. He was the commander-in-chief of the army during the war, and everything Prithvi Bir Bikram Shah, Bahadur Bir Bikram Shah had done was suddenly thrown out of the window in the war that had just ended between them and the English. It was his fault that the kingdom had lost the war, and his fault that the efforts of great Nepali men now lay dead on the floor for nothing. His fist clenched in self depreciation and anger for a moment. He stared right ahead as Edward Gardner walked up to him and said “Maharaja Bhimsen Thapa, it is an honor to meet you.”

Bhimsen mentally asked why in the world did he ever learn English for a second before putting up a fake polite smile and replied “Mr. Gardner, an honor to meet our resident British.”

“Yes it is an honor to be in the legendary city of Kasthamandap. Our Indian citizens in the south speak such wondrous tales about it, and I can see, they weren’t exaggerated.” Gardner replied as he tipped his hat.

“Thank you.” Bhimsen answered curtly. He stepped to the side and nodded at Gardner showing him the way to the new quarters for the Resident. Gardner nodded at him and strode forward.

Bhimsen watched the retreating back of Gardner and clenched his fists. He grit his teeth and looked towards the side where the frail King, Girvan was staring at him, as if knowing his thoughts. Bhimsen broke eye contact and looked at Gardner once again.

I have lost my empire. But I haven’t lost my country.”

END OF PROLOGUE

Alrighty guys, for all of you who know about me, you know i am half-scot and half-Nepali, and since there's a whole slew of British, Scottish etc TLs out there, writing a TL on that is out for me, cause where's the fun? I have written the first version of this TL, where I got valuable information and critics, if you want to read it's right here.
This TL is going to be more detailed, progressive and slow, written in a mix of story, report, etc.

Chapter 1
Nepal is Bhimsen, Bhimsen is Nepal

Chapter 1

July 15th 1816

Bhimsen Thapa silently continued to read the book in front of him in the warm sunlight of the afternoon. The book was titled History of Europe and How it Evolved and well, there was good reason why he was reading the book. Bhimsen sighed as he finished another chapter and then looked at the amount of things he had written in the paper already. He dipped his pen in the ink again and started to write some of the notes he had picked up again in the book.

Bhimsen stopped as he heard footprints. He looked behind him and saw the young King walking through the hall. Bhimsen shut his book and stood up and said “Your Majesty, good afternoon.”

Girvan saw Bhimsen and smiled thinly. “It is indeed Bhimsen. Thank you. It’s good to see you again after that debacle with the Angrezi.”

“Thank you milord.” Bhimsen demurred. “It is unwise for you to be straining yourself like this, milord. You have finally managed to beat your disease.”

“Oh don’t worry about me Bhimsen.” Girvan chuckled before he saw the book on the table. “Ah I see your reading a British book. Why is that so?”

Bhimsen shifted a bit. He, as a person who had killed so many like in the Bhandarkal Massacre, had always been surprisingly well, a little wary about Girvan. “It’s Gardner’s book. He lent it to me after I asked him. I was wondering how they evolved and perhaps we can learn from it.”

Girvan chuckled and sat down on one of the chairs beside the table. “Come sit.”

Bhimsen bowed his head slightly and sat down next to the boy king. Well, he was an adult by this point, but still. Girvan skimmed through a small part of the book before sighing. “It seems the events stop at what these Europeans call the French Revolution.”

“Yes, apparently from what I have garnered from Gardner, the French killed their monarch and the royal family, barring the secondary lines.” Bhimsen answered.

“Well, well, The French delegates that came to us before the war did not tell us that!” Girvan mumbled out. “How bad a monarch could their king have been that the people rose up to kill him?”

“Well from all indications and points, he was a weak monarch that handled a financial, military and societal problems with absolute inefficiency.” Bhimsen replied as he looked at his notes for a second.

“Yes, yes, that would be a good reason.” Girvan stated as he stroked his chin. “Tell me Bhimsen, your curiosity of European history is something that I have only noticed. And I firsthand know that much of your behavior always has a purpose. What do you wish to do?”

“I wish to……reform the nation.” Bhimsen mumbled.

Girvan smiled and said “Very well then. Bring your proposals of reform to me later on, after you have finished compiling them all.”

Bhimsen smiled and nodded. Girvan stood up and left the area as Bhimsen stretched his limbs and started to write and read again.

Bhimsen tentatively knocked the door of the room of the King’s bedroom. After a few seconds he heard the King’s voice. “Come in Bhimsen.”

Bhimsen opened the door to see Girvan sitting in his bed with his foot crossed and his two wives, Elder Queen Gorakshya Rajya Laxmi Shah was behind him tending to the Crown Prince, Rajendra, and the younger Queen, Sidhi Laxmi Devi Shah was caressing the King’s back, which was probably still aching from the pain of the smallpox that the young King had suffered a few weeks ago.

Girvan looked at Bhimsen and said “Sit down Bhimsen, please take that chair and sit down in front of me. I am interested in hearing what reforms you are proposing for our nation.”

Bhimsen bowed and deftly took one of the chairs near the fireplace and placed it in front of his monarch and the Queens and sat down. Girvan was looking at Bhimsen with a critical eye and said “I know the War has changed you Bhimsen, and frankly it has changed me as well. I can remember the young generals and officers asking for their king’s blessings before going to a battle from which they would not be able to return. I can remember them so vividly.”

Bhimsen’s minds took a slight backturn. The young King was young and such a thing was not healthy for the King! “Your majesty! Why hide such a thing from me! This is not healthy for your mind! Perhaps a healer or one of those British doctors would be-”

“It is my duty.” Girvan cut Bhimsen sternly. “I am their monarch, sending them to an early death. They shall suffer death, And I shall suffer eternal agony till my own death. It is a part of life, at least for a monarch, I shall bear it, no matter the costs.”

“Fine your majesty.” Bhimsen curtseyed quietly.

Girvan took a deep breath and looked at the now sleeping Crown Prince Rajendra before looking at Bhimsen again and said “Well then Bhimsen, what are you waiting for? Tell me what you plan to do?”

Bhimsen nodded and brought out the list of papers he had with him for his plans.

“First and foremost your majesty, the first reform I wish to bring forward is a very controversial one.” Bhimsen warned ahead as Girvan nodded. “As you know in 1807 I stopped the slave trade in certain parts of our country. However the very first item in my list of reforms that I wish to do is to ban the slave trade entirely.”

Girvan tilted his head. “I quite remember the uproar back then from the Basnets and Pandes regarding that act. How are you going to persuade the Assembly of Lords to support you?”

“I really have two options. First is the legitimate way. The slave trade and trafficking has grown increasingly to be a drain on our budget and the management of the trade during the war is one of the main reasons why budget mismanagement happened during the war with the British. It is a deficit, not profitable and one of our failures. I hope we can persuade the Assembly of Lords in this manner.” Bhimsen replied.

“And what is your second option if they refuse?” Girvan asked as he read the reports from Bhimsen regarding the futility of the slave trade in Nepal.

“Well to put it succinctly your majesty…….you.” Bhimsen replied slightly sheepishly. “The Assembly may have power, but you have absolute power. Your word is law. If you say it, they will follow it.”

Girvan chuckled. “I am guessing that is your second plan or backup plan for many of your reforms you are proposing?”

“…….Yes.”

Girvan laughed a bit as Queen Gorakshya chuckled in the background as well.

“I will endorse all of them if they are as well thought out as this first reform is.” Girvan stated as he continued to read the report.

“Thank you, your Majesty.” Bhimsen replied graciously. “Onto my second reform. Before the war we introduced a passport system to stop the flow of secret information to the East India Company. This system is only applicable to the capital and the valley. However expanding the system to the entirety of the country would lead us to have better coordination of our population and allow us to keep tabs on our demographics, an advantage we didn’t have for the entire country before the war.”

Girvan rubbed his chin. “Ah yes, that system you got the inspiration for from the French officers who spoke of it when they came here for their mission. It is a very compelling reform. I back it.”

“Thank you your majesty. Now regarding passports, expanding them throughout the nation shall of course lead to a lot more centralization, and centralization is what we need. From what I have read about Europe, the system we use is horribly outdated and the people there call it ‘Feudalism’. Our Zamindars (Land Lords) hold the power in our provinces, and the province has a better nationality evocation in the people, than the state itself. This cannot be allowed to stand. Centralization is necessary. Our feudal ways of doing things are over. A proper European style provincial system will allow us to conduct governmental affairs in a far more efficient manner and we shall also be able to supervise deficits and be able to allocate deficit in such a manner we can be able to stop it in many accounts.” Bhimsen stated as he read through the notes he had made. “The anarchical situation we had during the unification campaigns of his late majesty Bahadur Shah showed that the Zamindars work more for their own pockets than anything else.”

Girvan nodded silently and motioned for Bhimsen to continue.

“My third reform out of the five I am going to propose is regarding economics. Your majesty, almost all of the northern Kingdoms of India and the Tibetans use our coins. Our position as the economic power in the north is guaranteed. From our sources in the British East India Company, their campaign in our hills cost twice as their campaigns against the Marathas and the Pindaris. We can take advantage of this. Perhaps my earlier rhetoric in the war of keeping off trade with the British was wrong, because we can exploit it. The British have exploited trade with the southern Kingdoms to make them their puppets. Such a radical thing will not happen with us, but we can use it to gain leverage against the British. Create a strong economy supervised by the state and the people by exploiting our trade routes with Tibet and China. When we do thus, we can be able to gain the economic prosperity we need.” Bhimsen stated passionately as he set the report down and looked at the young king.

Girvan twirled the small mustache he had as he leaned back in thought and mumbled “Yes, we cannot afford to give up on our advantages to the British and become slaves to them like the Bengalis and the Odishans, Sikkimese and Assamese. Traitors the lot of them.”

“Indeed your majesty.” Bhimsen agreed. The betrayal of the Sikkimese had stung the Nepali court and durbar a lot. “My second last issue is military reform. We have the rifles, we even produce ammunition, but not in any significant number that would have allowed us to win the war, for we underestimated it’s use and power. Using the amount of peasants lounging around the country doing absolutely nothing at all, we can use these hands to expand our military complex and to introduce a proper surplus of weapons for our military. Adding on to that fact the French mission to our military about a decade ago can directly be attributed to our military success in the early part of the war. And the British had a better army than the French. Contracting private British military contractors to train our military would also be in our very good interest. Lord Gardner also spoke about conscription, a system used in Europe to raise troops. Implementing such a system would be very beneficial for us. On top of that we have seasoned generals like Amar Singh Thapa, Balbadra Kunwar etc to aid us.”

“That is quite the tall order.” Girvan stated as he looked at Bhimsen. “However achievable. Continue to your last point Bhimsen.”

“Development. Infrastructural development is very important, and the war simply emphasized on that. Using the success we will receive from the previous reforms, I intend to start a country wide development program for our irrigation, transportation and economics.” Bhimsen replied as he bowed his head slightly.

Girvan was quiet for a few minutes as he shuffled between the reports and papers reading them before he finally sighed and looked at the Prime Minister of Nepal. “This will take a lot of time, you realize?”

“Yes I do realize that your majesty.” Bhimsen answered. “A time table of 15 to 20 years is what I realize to be the ideal time period for these reforms to gain root in the kingdom and start bringing in results.”

Girvan smiled. “Very well, it does seem you have thought these out very well, and your reports very well assert your facts on to the stage. We shall call a meeting of the Assembly of the Lords and then present your proposals. If things go south, I shall use my power to overrule them.”

“Thank you.” Bhimsen replied as relief overcame him with that sentence. Bhimsen bowed and stood up to leave when Girvan said “You are doing a great service to this nation, Bhimsen.”

“My duty, my honor your majesty.” Bhimsen murmured.

Girvan smiled heartily.

“Captain Bhalbadra Kunwar?”

“Yes, that’s me.”

“Your permission to go to Lahure has been revoked.”

“What?! Why?”

“The Maharajah and the Mukhtiyar have asked for you.

“Why is that?”

“I am not paid enough to know that.”

“Point taken. Fine.”

1592299829112.png

Mukhtiyar Bhimsen Thapa, the Third Father of the Nation.

Last edited:
Good restart, and waiting for more--I liked the first version, and I will probably like this version as well, methinks...

What's the PoD, BTW?

Good restart, and waiting for more--I liked the first version, and I will probably like this version as well, methinks...

What's the PoD, BTW?
King Girvan died of smallpox OTL. The King was very close to Bhimsen, and after his death Bhimsen was still PM for 2 decades but his judgement had been skewed over and he suffered from a long bouts of depression. Before the death of the King, Bhimsen was considered according to Octolerny 'Napoleon of India.'

A fine beginning thus far.

By setting the PoD back far enough, you give yourself plenty of time to move developments along at a steady pace. Don't be afraid to ask questions and plan out your path in beforehand.

On a stylistic level, do keep in mind the language, thinking and politics of the time.

I don't think that they would be talking about rifles in 1816, nor military complexes, nor making the jump to conscription in the very same conversation. You've got a lot of years to play with and don't need to introduce all developments right at the start, even if they were viable.

I have a fair few resources on industrial production, arms stocks and otherwise from this era from some previous projects that may be of utility.

A fine beginning thus far.

By setting the PoD back far enough, you give yourself plenty of time to move developments along at a steady pace. Don't be afraid to ask questions and plan out your path in beforehand.

On a stylistic level, do keep in mind the language, thinking and politics of the time.

I don't think that they would be talking about rifles in 1816, nor military complexes, nor making the jump to conscription in the very same conversation. You've got a lot of years to play with and don't need to introduce all developments right at the start, even if they were viable.

I have a fair few resources on industrial production, arms stocks and otherwise from this era from some previous projects that may be of utility.
Thanks! And there was one military complex in Nepal that produced rifles, bullets and gunpowders at this time. It was called the Swahambu Factory, and it went out of business in the 1870s. It was was restarted in around 1980.
And the reforms are going to be gradual. Conscription is an idea, but it's not going to be rapidly implemented. There will be noble families who will oppose and political intrigue must follow

I really really loved the last TL. But the PoD here is intriguing to say the least. Hope this reaches greater heights.

“Maharaja Bhimsen Thapa, it is an honor to meet you.”
I doubt Bhimsen will not object to being called 'Maharaja'. He was a fervent supporter of the king's divine right to rule, and would have tried to correct Gardner.

The people from England would be Angrez. Angrezi would be used to refer to the language. "Gauranga" was used in the court in an insulting manner to refer to the Brits.

Assembly of Lords
Nepal doesn't have a proper legislative assembly at the moment, neither does it have a constitution. The word of the King was absolute. The kings were influenced by courtiers which is what the Basnet, Thapa, Pandey/Padey and others were.

Your permission to go to Punjab has been revoked
Going abroad for military purposes was referred to as going to Lahur.(Nepalicized version of Lahore) In Nepal, Lahur was the official name of the Punjabi Court at that time. I doubt they would call it Punjab.

Chapter 1 was great. Since you've mentioned there will be slower and detailed chapters there will be a larger wait time(?) Good Luck!

Thanks! And there was one military complex in Nepal that produced rifles, bullets and gunpowders at this time. It was called the Swahambu Factory
Swayambhu* is what you probably mean. Also, up until the 1816 war, Nepalis fought with Khukuri, stones, bows and swords against the British. The ammunition used to be brought from Benares as it was ruled by an in-law of Prithivi Narayan Shah. I am quite hazy about post-1816 military factories in Nepal though. Would like to catch up if there are some sources

doubt Bhimsen will not object to being called 'Maharaja'. He was a fervent supporter of the king's divine right to rule, and would have tried to correct Gardner.
He was called Maharajah by the British in all the letters sent to him by Lord Octolerny and Lord Hodgeson.
Nepal doesn't have a proper legislative assembly at the moment, neither does it have a constitution. The word of the King was absolute. The kings were influenced by courtiers which is what the Basnet, Thapa, Pandey/Padey and others were.
It's what the British called the Nepali theatre of legislative assemblies back then. It was a purely advisory council according to Honoria Langdon's writing and it was here where the courtiers tried to influence the king
Going abroad for military purposes was referred to as going to Lahur.(Nepalicized version of Lahore) In Nepal, Lahur was the official name of the Punjabi Court at that time. I doubt they would call it Punjab.
Right! Will edit!

Chapter 2: Noble Families
Chapter 2: The Noble Families

Bhimsen Thapa sighed as he coughed into his fist to gather the attention of the bickering nobles as they grumbled, shouted etc as they all sat down in the court and the Assembly of Lords.

Bhimsen turned his critical eyes towards the Pande family, an ardent opposition to his premiership in Nepal and a rival family to his own Thapa Family, a noble family as well. The Basnets sat next to them. They were and ardent ally of the Pandes and were martially linked to the Pandes, thus making it obvious that they were Bhimsen’s enemy, at least in the political front. The last Noble Family to sit down was the Chautariyas who sat next to the Kunwar family, and they were his hitherto Thapa allies.

King Girvan looked at the chatter in silence with a small smile playing on his lips before he coughed much louder and stood up. The chatter died out immediately.

“Lords of our noble families! Welcome! Today is somewhat of an auspicious day. Our first meeting after the end of the war! Both me and your Mukhtiyar have agreed that changes in our nation are necessary. And now I shall yield the floor to the Mukhtiyar to allow him to explain the new reforms he has proposed. Are there any objections?” King Girvan asked.

“Yes.” Came the soft voice of Rana Jung Pande. Bhimsen mentally rolled his eyes as he heard the young 28 year old boy, who had become head of the Pandes speak up. Of course the Pandes would speak up against him. “Why do we need these reforms in the first place? It is because of the Mukhtiyar in the first place! If the worries of the Bharadari Sabha (Assembly of Lords) had been taken into account before the war, then the war might even been won!”

1592383823413.png

Rana Jung Pande.

“And how is that?” Bhimsen spoke up. “If I remember correctly, and I am pretty sure I do, you wished to defend Makwanpur instead of the Doon area, which I predicted correctly to be the area of attack. If we had defended Makwanpur, Doon and our western front would have collapsed fast.”

“Perhaps. But is it not worrying that you correctly predicted from where they invaded from, yet could not stop them from winning?” Rana Jung Pande asked back in his silky soft tone.

“And perhaps you wish to deflect how that ruse worked perfectly for us to defend the path to the capital and thus allow us to retain our independence and simply lose land? We have lost a substantial amount of land, lost our empire, yet we retain our kingdom.” Bhimsen replied just as silkily.

Rana Jung looked at him with an angry look but sat down. Girvan smiled with mirth and asked “Are there any other objections?”

The hall was quiet before King Girvan replied “Very well. Mukhtiyar, you may continue.”

Bhimsen took a huge deep breath before starting to speak. He articulately went through every part of the reforms he had told the King two days ago as he spoke to them, explaining the provincial administrative system of the Europeans, the economic policies he wished to put forward and etc. It was two hours before he could stop speaking and by this point he looked at one of the aides and quietly asked “Bring me a cup of hot water will you?”

“Of course milord.” The aide mumbled and left the hall to fetch his order.

He looked back at the frowning and thinking nobles and asked “Well, if there are any questions, the time is now.”

“And why should we allow you to get rid of the slave business in our country?” Dhokal Singh Basnet, ardent ally of the Pandes and a member of the old guard of the court spoke as he pointed his finger at him. “It has served us beneficially so far, and your restrictions on it that you passed a decade ago, managed to hamper our business beyond recoverable.”

1592383915328.png

Dhokal Singh Basnet

“And you have yourself to blame for that Basnet Mahim jiu (Lord Basnet).” Bhimsen retorted. “I gave your family a transition time period of 6 months before I fully restricted the trade 1863 BS (1807 AD). It was your rigid position and inability to accept that I had passed that law that made you lose profit in that matter. That is a private matter that I had no control over, however you did, and yet you seemingly neglected it. I had no hand in it, you committed the error on your behalf yourself.”

“And perhaps the deficit we faced from the slave trade seem invisible to you during the war?” Rana Jung Pande asked. “Why were you quiet about it in the war?”

Bhimsen snarled mentally. “Perhaps commandeering 90,000 troops took more precedence don’t you think Pande Mahim jiu?”

“Perhaps! But this is still a slight that you, as Commander-in-Chief should not be able to afford.” Rana Jung Pande replied as he stood up and spread his hands in a mocking manner.

“Perhaps…..trying to understand the position of the Mukhtiyar would have been a more prudent maneuver to use, young Pande.” Pushkar Shah answered back as he frowned and then added. “Sit down.”

1592383963223.png

Pushkar Shah Chautariya

“Thank you Chautariya Mahim jiu.” Bhimsen thanked before he looked at the nobles and asked “Does everyone agree to my first reform?”

“I don’t.” Basnet grumbled and Pande nodded in support. Bhimsen turned to the King who was watching the scene unfold with one of his hands on his mustache. “I endorse the first reform. Such a deficit cannot be allowed to stand. Also I highly doubt that anyone disagrees with the Passport system expansion that Bhimsen wants to do.”

Rana Jung Pande gritted his teeth and he said “No your majesty. As much as I and the Mukhtiyar……disagree with each other, his plan for the passport system is unusually one of his better ideas.”

Bhimsen ignored the stab and he asked “Now onto centralization, what does the Bharadhari Sabha have to say of it?”

“It is all well and good when you speak of it, Mukhtiyar, however how do you wish to compensate the Zamindars?” Basnet asked.

“I propose a buyback scheme from the people!” Bhimsen declared as answer. “We shall give the land to the people, however the land shall be compensated by the government by selling those lands at appropriate prices with supervision of the government! In this manner we can insure that proper implementation of this reform can take place!”

“And how do you suppose we do this?” Rana Jung Pande asked. “Doing this in an unplanned manner would be perhaps, more of a downfall than a proper reform.”

“That is correct.” Bhimsen conceded. “And that is why, I propose a time schedule of 3 years to complete this. In this allocated amount of time, perhaps with an extension for five years, we can complete this scheme to its needed levels.”

“….Very well.” Rana Jung Pande conceded as well.

“Does anyone have any reservations about the military reform?” King Girvan asked. As no one spoke, which meant they were in favor Girvan spoke again. “Very well, on to the final topic of the day, the economy.”

“I object strongly to many of his policies that he has put forward.” Swaraj Basnet, another prominent member of the Basnet dynasty spoke up. “We for centuries operated under the policy of no foreigners allowed. Especially Europeans, like the Italians in 1767 which we kicked out and the French when they tried in 1788 and the British Knox Mission in 1801. And now you wish to overturn that? Trade with Europe? Do you know what that entails?”

“Yes I do.” Bhimsen answered. “I do know the situation in Bengal and Odisha. And perhaps all of Bharat. However have we not done things differently? Nepal is not Bharat and Bharat is not Nepal. Never have been. Never will be. We have done things differently, and always have. Supervision, micromanagement, these areas of economics are where we have flourished for decades. All these are things that we can use to manage our economy in such a way, that the British will not be able to exploit to bring us into their direct vassalhood. It is obvious by now we cannot avoid coming into their sphere of influence. But we can save ourselves by not allowing the British to be involved in our internal affairs, making us independent for all intents and purposes.”

“Very…..well.” Rana murmured as he sat down. Silence enveloped the chamber before King Girvan stood up and clapped his hands. “Its seems we are in agreement. The Mukhtyar, Generals and the governors shall meet to discuss other measures of implementation, as it seems everyone has agreed to pass the reforms. Meeting adjourned.”

“Damn that bastard! He wishes to throw away our traditions and way of life!”

“But how can we stop him? As long as the King lives, that bastard shall get what he wants!”

“Then we must eliminate the king. The King suffered from a bout of smallbox earlier this year. If he were to suddenly…….die out of nowhere, no one will give it much thought. Then we can get rid of Bhimsen.”

“A good idea. However stay quiet. We must not let the others know of this plan.”

“Obviously.”

Balbhadra Kunwar, war hero of the Anglo-Nepalese War stood at attention as he looked at his monarch.

King Girvan smiled at the captain and said “Captain, I have a very important mission for you. Are you willing to take it?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Sit down. Let me brief you on about it.”

“Of course your majesty.”

1592383772399.png

Bhalbadra Kunwar, War Hero of Nepal.

Note: Mandala update coming up tomorrow, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Thoughts?
Nicely written.

Bharadari Sabha
I now fully understand what you meant yesterday.

Although, I can't stop myself from finding mistakes:

"Mahima" is the feminine version. Mahim would be the male version. And adding Jiu after the name or calling one Kaji Sahab would be the common way of addressing.Mahims were usually reserved for Ambassadors, Prime Ministers and royals(Mahamahim).

Also,what will Bhimsen do about the tens of dependencies of Nepal like Rukum, Palpa,Jajarkot, Kaski, Mustang etc. They will surely object to centralization.