Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

This is a map that Wiki uses in their entry for the Kingdom of Poland 1916-18. Pretty straightforward, indicates the areas of the German Empire and A-H Empire occupation zones. But, I've noticed the mapmaker added some territory to the German Empire that I can't figure out the source for. I know the little salient south of Czestochowa is probably to indicate the coal-mining district around Dabrowa, which the Germans mentioned in one of the secret protocols to the Treaty of B-L, but I can't figure out the larger area in the northeast between Augustow and Lomza. Does anyone know of an actual source for this transfer, or is it possibly just a creative interpretation by the cartographer? I'm unaware of any "official" annexations of any of the Congress Kingdom/Privislinsky Krai territory by the German Empire, since they could never agree on the size of the "Polish Border Strip" that Ludendorff and Bethmann-Hollweg wanted to take...
338px-OkupacjaKP1914-18.PNG.png

Fairly certain it's just a mistake.
Yeah, I 1st thought it was maybe just some "creative license" on the part of the cartographer, but the discrepancies seem to be fairly carefully drawn, like he had sourced them from something. The map is of Polish origin apparently, so I thought the author may have had access to some source that I don't.

1591987580938.png

Russia's plans for World War I, now in QBAM!
* Annexing Constantinople, the Lower Niemen River basin, and Eastern Galicia
* Giving Alsace-Lorraine back to France, Schleswig-Holstein to Denmark, and re-establishing the Kingdom of Hannover
* Granting land from Germany and Austria-Hungary to the Kingdom of Poland, presumably ones with a Polish majority
* Splitting up Austria-Hungary's dual monarchy into three parts: Austria, Hungary, and Bohemia.
* Giving Bosnia, Herzegovina, Dalmatia, and northern Albania to Serbia

Source: https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/war_aims_and_war_aims_discussions_russian_empire

Last edited:
From what I've read, it seemed like they intended to make it an independent nation.
I figured most of it would be offered to the UK, to restore the old pre-1837 personal union between the UK and Hanover...
Also think that France would demand more than just Alsace-Lorraine back, definitely take the Saarland and maybe Pfalz, and would attempt to seize a big slice of Rhenish Prussia as reparations. Of course this is supposed to represent plans, not consequences.
I like the map (not what it depicts!), but I find the use of post-1945 boundaries in East Prussia and Galicia a bit puzzling. I think in reality an Entente victory which included Russia on the winning side would result in far uglier consequences for Germany, A-H, and possibly Bulgaria, but this map is a plausible enough starting point for the eventual "slicing of the cake"...

View attachment 556374
Russia's plans for World War I, now in QBAM!
* Annexing Constantinople, the Lower Niemen River basin, and Eastern Galicia
* Giving Alsace-Lorraine back to France, Schleswig-Holstein to Denmark, and re-establishing the Kingdom of Hannover
* Granting land from Germany and Austria-Hungary to the Kingdom of Poland, presumably ones with a Polish majority
* Splitting up Austria-Hungary's dual monarchy into three parts: Austria, Hungary, and Bohemia.
* Giving Bosnia, Herzegovina, Dalmatia, and northern Albania to Serbia

Source: https://encyclopedia.1914-1918-online.net/article/war_aims_and_war_aims_discussions_russian_empire

Nice but Russian Poland there includes Kholm governorate which was actually split off from Poland in 1912 (I think it had a Ukrainian plurality or majority):

I would also expect that Galicia would be split between Poland (West Galicia) and Russia proper as it were (East Galicia) according to the subdivisions then in existence for Galicia so it might not look exactly like that.