What's the most implausible AH ever?

In your opinion what is the most implausible Alternate Histories you ever read, heard, or saw?
BTW, I mean AHs that claim to be plausible so Worldwar, Guns of the South, and other ASBs don't count.

deep fried peanut butter sandwich

In your opinion what is the most implausible Alternate Histories you ever read, heard, or saw?
BTW, I mean AHs that claim to be plausible so Worldwar, Guns of the South, and other ASBs don't count.
The OTL. i mean how many times do you get an ameriwank of the proportions we have?

Not exactly "read", as I've not read the books, but when I first saw a fan page of the Draka with maps and lists of events I wanted to vomite.

Not exactly "read", as I've not read the books, but when I first saw a fan page of the Draka with maps and lists of events I wanted to vomite.

The Draka thing is the biggest example of an "evil British" stereotype. British colonists somehow are able to dominate Africa and then the rest of the world. Also, I doubt even the most manevolent nation would call itself the "Domination of the _______."

Il Bethisad - that big old tl/map/alternate language online thingy, implausible (and lame) in both the grand scheme of its tl and in its details. not only that but it is lame as all hell, and historically inaccurate and lame. I mean it has P.O.D in the classical period yet Napoleon still comes to power and a disunited Germany starts two world wars in which it nearly defeats both Russia and France.

I think I saw what hell was like after reading the "timeline" of Code Geass.

I'll secound that.
Zipang, URDA; the Third Reich and Kyokujitsu no Kantai, are pretty weird.
Time travel, Nazi UFOs, and Admiral Yamamoto "mysticaly" being transported into his younger self with all his memmory.

But that's anime for ya.

Anything where some big amazing POD happens, yet EVERYTHING else in history happens the same way. I know that one event might not influence another, but don't you think that ripples from that POD might lead to more differences in the timeline?

I just like that in AH. One POD becomes like a bomb going off in a beehive.

The book about a Korean invasion of Texas, right? I think I read about it in soc-history.what-if. Impressive.

Didn't they have Mexican cowboys under Korean command defeat the Texas National Guard? And have Korea (you know, a small country that can't exactly hide) subject the U.S. to nuclear blackmail with a handful of suitcase nukes? Yeah, that about takes the cake.

Wow, there's some pretty weird ones here - the Code Geass wiki site makes my eyes bleed

Code_geass_map02.png

- but I agree with those who said Stars and Stripes. Most f***ed up Trent War ever. :rolleyes:

I once read a book where the Confederate States of America, on the verge of total defeat in the spring of 1865, makes a dramatic come back, and conquers the entire United States of America. In the late 19th century, they end slavery, and establish a "separate but equal" system that is literally true. One house of the Confederate congress is 100% white, the other house is 100% African-American. Whites and blacks have full equality, but marriage between the races is strictly forbidden and seen as a crime at least as bad as murder. The southern states remain an idealized, agrarian paradise, while all polluting industry is located in the ex-United States, the "industrial zone".

By the late 20th century, the CSA is by far the wealthiest country in the world, having benefited from much immigration from Europe as an oppressive and militarist Germany gradually conquered almost the whole continent.

I am not making this book up, but I can't remember the exact title. It came out maybe 10 or 11 years ago. I thought it was actually an interesting idea for a very different kind of American society, but as far as plausibility goes, it gives Harrison's trilogy strong competition.

I once read a book where the Confederate States of America, on the verge of total defeat in the spring of 1865, makes a dramatic come back, and conquers the entire United States of America. In the late 19th century, they end slavery, and establish a "separate but equal" system that is literally true. One house of the Confederate congress is 100% white, the other house is 100% African-American. Whites and blacks have full equality, but marriage between the races is strictly forbidden and seen as a crime at least as bad as murder. The southern states remain an idealized, agrarian paradise, while all polluting industry is located in the ex-United States, the "industrial zone".

By the late 20th century, the CSA is by far the wealthiest country in the world, having benefited from much immigration from Europe as an oppressive and militarist Germany gradually conquered almost the whole continent.

I am not making this book up, but I can't remember the exact title. It came out maybe 10 or 11 years ago. I thought it was actually an interesting idea for a very different kind of American society, but as far as plausibility goes, it gives Harrison's trilogy strong competition.

I saw that book once in the library! I can't remember the title either though, and I never actullly read it (just gazed in awe and horror at the map on the inside cover).

An program on the BBC, Horizon, once talked about what if the dinosaurs never became extinct.

What resulted was the dinosaurs remaining in evolutionary stagnation, without changing to any significant degree. Humans evolved exactly like OTL, with no major changes, that includes technology. I am also guessing that geopolitics is the same as OTL.

Basically, everything is the same except there are dinosaurs instead of most mammals, with humans (of course) being the exception.

If that isn't massively ASB then I don't know what is.