State of Colorado
This piece is heavily based on the California from @Planita13 's A Shining Valley, which I really recommend even though it was sadly discontinued. I hope it is a decent homage, I've tried to give it some flavor despite the theme being essentially equal: a blend of the Hispanic and Anglo Americas.

1591179229481.png

ddyksvy-1296855a-d9f5-464b-8a87-ecc5d6ae952b.png

@Onerom, good to see your infobox about ATL State located in Southern California created, but please, let me give my chance to ask you a questions:
  • How would the U.S. federal government view the Coloradino separatism or nationalism? Did Coloradino nationalists made attempted calls for complete independence just like OTL Québéc?
  • How would an average Asian-American lived in the U.S. viewed the racist unofficial trans-Pacific slave trade? Did descendants calls for reparations during the pre-Secession Winter?
  • How Spanish-speaking Colorado would affect the place where Hollywood had made its start on the same place as OTL? What are the possible locations of major American film industry if Hollywood isn't existed due to large Spanish-speaking population?

France holds Algeria as an integral part of the metropole while West Africa is under colonial status with the eventual goal of final assimilation into the Republic (despite increasing unrest on the part of the natives..

So, I assume France is headed toward a pretty major civil war in the near future?

How would the U.S. federal government view the Coloradino separatism or nationalism? Did Coloradino nationalists made attempted calls for complete independence just like OTL Québéc?

The illegality of secession was established by the Supreme Court in Colorado v. Johnston 1878, so tge feral position ia that a state con only separate from the Union either through consent of the states or revolution. As of 2020, Coloradino independentism is a minority faction within the PNC, which largely advocates for maximum home rule while integrated within the US.

How would an average Asian-American lived in the U.S. viewed the racist unofficial trans-Pacific slave trade? Did descendants calls for reparations during the pre-Secession Winter?

I imagine that in a similar way African-Americans see the Atlantic one, and it is reasonable that descendants claim raparations. Anyway, there are less Asian-Americans than IOTL in the US, and for the ones not descended from slaves generally would be apathetic to the issue.

How Spanish-speaking Colorado would affect the place where Hollywood had made its start on the same place as OTL? What are the possible locations of major American film industry if Hollywood isn't existed due to large Spanish-speaking population?

The nascent film industry did establish itself in *Hollywood (name no yet chosen) in the 1900s, and the beginnings are mostly parallel. The advent of PNC-rule in the 1930s did led to a flight to other destinations (California mostly, I suppose) as a consequence of Coloradinization policies that marginalized English and made it difficult to film for Anglo audiences due to imposed Spanish-quotas and stuff. It didn't completely disappeared from LA but became more regional al Hispanic-centered, so the film industry ITTL is more decentralized.

So, I assume France is headed toward a pretty major civil war in the near future?

Yep, how near depends on how slow I keep developing the TL XD

The nascent film industry did establish itself in *Hollywood (name no yet chosen) in the 1900s, and the beginnings are mostly parallel. The advent of PNC-rule in the 1930s did led to a flight to other destinations (California mostly, I suppose) as a consequence of Coloradinization policies that marginalized English and made it difficult to film for Anglo audiences due to imposed Spanish-quotas and stuff. It didn't completely disappeared from LA but became more regional al Hispanic-centered, so the film industry ITTL is more decentralized.
It's entirely possible the Anglos could've set up shop in Hollywood, Florida

Do the people of places like Avalon and Canada see themselves more as Avalonians and Canadians who are a part of the wider British Empire, or as fully British despite living in such a geographically and most likely culturally distant place?

ITTL 'British' is more a bureaucratic label, and nationality and/or ethnicity remain below it complementing it. Generally, Anglo-Avalonians/Canadians/Capelanders... see their culture as a local expresion of a wider British global culture, being Avalonian or Canadian is one of the ways to be British like IOTL a Welsh and an Englishman are different kinds of British.

Overseas European minorities (Quebecois, Acadians, Kaaplanders) and non-British European diaspora populations (Italian and Slavic, mostly) may feel from the local British culture branch or not, and there are some nationalist/independentist movements among the former.

African-descended Britons in non-African countries generally sponsor a 'Black British' identity, but in Africa among Capelander Xhosa, Natalian Zulu and Rhodesian different native peoples there is a more powerfull identitary and separatist sense conflicting with this Black British identity.

ITTL 'British' is more a bureaucratic label, and nationality and/or ethnicity remain below it complementing it. Generally, Anglo-Avalonians/Canadians/Capelanders... see their culture as a local expresion of a wider British global culture, being Avalonian or Canadian is one of the ways to be British like IOTL a Welsh and an Englishman are different kinds of British.

Overseas European minorities (Quebecois, Acadians, Kaaplanders) and non-British European diaspora populations (Italian and Slavic, mostly) may feel from the local British culture branch or not, and there are some nationalist/independentist movements among the former.

African-descended Britons in non-African countries generally sponsor a 'Black British' identity, but in Africa among Capelander Xhosa, Natalian Zulu and Rhodesian different native peoples there is a more powerfull identitary and separatist sense conflicting with this Black British identity.

So do Avalonians accept things like knighthood and other aspects of the British crown? Do they sing "God Save the Queen?"

Yep, except the most diehard Acadians.

However, it is God Save the King, since the sovereign is George VI, not Elizabeth II.

Last edited:
Bump? Having read this through and found it amazing I hope I haven't found it after it died...
It is not dead, mainly on hiatus but I intend on keeping with it. I haven't been able to work much on it due to college and stuff, and I have not been very inspired for months due to the pandemic, but if there's anything you want to ask or request feel free.

It is not dead, mainly on hiatus but I intend on keeping with it. I haven't been able to work much on it due to college and stuff, and I have not been very inspired for months due to the pandemic, but if there's anything you want to ask or request feel free.
Hell yeah! I’d say I’m certainly interested in how A-H eventually fell and what happened to Russia, though I didn’t mean to pressure you or anything.

Assassination of Emperor Franz Joseph I
1607255074073.png

Necessary disclaimer: this is not intended to paint Hitler as a hero, certainly ITTL he is a terrorist for most people. The use of him is intended to show the kind of path OTL's German ultranationalists would have taken ITTL, and as a cameo.

1607255684586.png

Hitler as Gavrillo Princip....actually makes MORE sense than OTL.

The man failed at everything but being a soldier. It would be more realistic for him to have done something like this.

I see the SPD gained 53 seats, but I only see a total loss of 27 seats among the other parties listed. Did a bunch of other parties lose seats in this election? Or were more seats added to the Reichstag?