Is there a way to unite Germany early before 1871?

Note: It's my first ever time doing this stuff.

So I'm currently creating a map for a TL of mine. It is set in the year 1850. I plan to unite Germany into one, but first: is there any reason or way to unite Germany faster? I mean, is there a faster solution Prussia can do to unite the German States?

Destroy Austria ie the hasburgs since they wanted to unite Germany but never could but prevented any other state from uniting Germany .
Heck they fought Prussia so that may not unite Germany .

Note: It's my first ever time doing this stuff.

So I'm currently creating a map for a TL of mine. It is set in the year 1850. I plan to unite Germany into one, but first: is there any reason or way to unite Germany faster? I mean, is there a faster solution Prussia can do to unite the German States?
There 1848 but that would not be prussia but austria and prussia and other unitying but this place hate grossdeutchland so that might not be pausable enough.

I think otl was the best shot anyway

There is no real reason why a 1848 or early 1850s unification is to be ruled out, IOTL you could change a couple things and have the Austrians virtually lose Italy and Hungary for longer, allowing the Prussians to lead to some sort of unification at least in the North.

You can have the hre remain United , Austria never existing , the Habsburg never take power , Vienna is conquered in 1529 or 1683 etc
HRE don't count as germany and the patchwork mess was very complex but yeah, a more powerful house of luxemburg could try to push for it, or as you say, killing the hasburg in their cradle and the hohenzollern or wettins taking their place and keeping Germany in Central Europe than the balkans

Deleted member 109224

1. Austria wins the War of the Bavarian Succession, gaining Bavaria and swapping it for the Austrian Netherlands.
2. Napoleon dismantles Prussia in alt-1807, giving Austria Silesia.
3. Austria wins at Wagram, killing Napoleon. Austria annexes Saxony, but lets the Wettins remain in the Duchy of Warsaw. Austria takes over Westphalia and the Rhineland as well. The Austrian Emperor proclaims himself Emperor not only of of Austria, but of Germany.

. Austria wins at Wagram, killing Napoleon. Austria annexes Saxony, but lets the Wettins remain in the Duchy of Warsaw. Austria takes over Westphalia and the Rhineland as well. The Austrian Emperor proclaims himself Emperor not only of of Austria, but of Germany.

Or if Boney gets killed at *Austerlitz*, Franz never has to give up the title in the first place.

Have the Prussian King not be a reactionary monster, and get him to accept the “crown from the gutter.”

Why must he stop being reactionary?

OTL, he granted Prussia a Constitution - but a few months later scrapped it in favour of a more conservative one. He could perfectly well have done the same in a united Germany after accepting the Crown. In all likelihood the lesser Princes would have gone along, as most of them weren't particularly liberal, and their soldiers would have obeyed them,

FTM, Louis Napoleon pulled off much the same stunt in France.

Lusitania

Donor
Without Hapsburg the butterflies would be huge and Napoleon if he still is born could very well win the war. Plus I think we giving the writer of the thread a huge task in the first TL.

Now to try and provide the POD for a united Germany the easiest place to start is the congress of Vienna at end of Napoleonic Wars. There is where things were set. Prussia influence in the Rhineland was increased but patchwork of smaller German states allowed to exist. It was about limiting French designs of their “Natural boundary” being the Rhine. Limiting both Prussia and Austria influence in region. For both countries wanted to unite Germany under them and it took a war in which Austria was forced to back down and French invasion to push the southern German states to unite with the Prussians and their northern German federation.

With all these factors it would be difficult to unite Germany under Prussia earlier. So I ask does your definition of United Germany include all of iotl Germany in 1880? Could a United germany mean all of Germany minus Prussia snd Austria?

There are several ways to do this.

-Surviving United Carolingian Empire
-Otto I has better heirs to keep the early HRE united
-Investiture crisis under Innocent III goes differently and HRE Emperor wins outright then going on to use church and Empire to unite the polity
-Bavaria fares even better in the Black Plague and begins gradual economic integration of German/nearby polities until political unification becomes plausible
-Hanseatic League sees northern German states prosperous enough to begin the same starting in the north
-Thirty Years War sees the rest of Germany tire of foreign interference and begin clamor for greater unity/security
-Austria pushes northwards, marrying into Wittselbach/other houses and pushing Austria to the Main River or even the Elbe. Prussia is later conquered.
-French Revolution spreads to Germany and inspires early Frankfurt Parliament
-Confederation of the Rhine that survives Napoleon and eventually integrates Prussia
-Revutions of 1848 go farther and Frankfurt Parliament succeeds
-German customs union forms earlier and creates a sense of 'German-ness' earlier leading to earlier economic and later political integration