Status
Not open for further replies.
ddx8lyv-88d3ab20-4a9b-440f-a187-1d34eff08c98.png

Flag of Scythian/Sarmatian Crimea

MBMelNE.png

Flag for Nueva Helvetica, the colonial town founded by Swiss emigrees to Uruguay.

The green represents the fertile land the Swiss were seeking, coat of arms represents Swiss heritage, blue stripes represent the plowed fields and future of the Swiss in Uruguay (notice its just the stripes from the Uruguayan flag).

I don't think they have a flag? I saw this mural in a video about them and thought it looked cool.

97935978_167908937997022_2166173722174554112_n.png

I wasn't able to get the gold ring to look nice, so I just went without it.

Last edited:
MBMelNE.png

Flag for Nueva Helvetica, the colonial town founded by Swiss emigrees to Uruguay.

The green represents the fertile land the Swiss were seeking, coat of arms represents Swiss heritage, blue stripes represent the plowed fields and future of the Swiss in Uruguay (notice its just the stripes from the Uruguayan flag).

I don't think they have a flag? I saw this mural in a video about them and thought it looked cool.

97935978_167908937997022_2166173722174554112_n.png

I wasn't able to get the gold ring to look nice, so I just went without it.
Removing the gold ring was probably for the best. It would have looked a bit excessive in this case.

flag (6).jpg

I returned to play Crusader Kings 2 with the Mod When The World Stopped Making Sense, I will convert it for EU4 when I finish it. This is the flag for my country : the Buddhist North African kingdom of Vandalica , heavily influenced by the Berber and Tuaregs.

Last edited:
Flag for a Belgium that undergoes a Communist Revolution in 1919/1920 in the aftermath of World War I
Red Belgium Flag.png

While I know the hammer and grain is the seal of OTL East Germany, I liked the symbol as I was opposed to using the Hammer and Sickle as the USSR never existed in this timeline.
Red Flanders.png

The flag of Flanders in Communist Belgium

Red Wallonia.png

The flag of Wallonia for Communist Belgium

Flag for a Belgium that undergoes a Communist Revolution in 1919/1920 in the aftermath of World War I

While I know the hammer and grain is the seal of OTL East Germany, I liked the symbol as I was opposed to using the Hammer and Sickle as the USSR never existed in this timeline.

In all fairness, hammer and wreaths are pretty common to communist emblems so that it's the precise combination that makes one unique. Since (as far as I know) no countries OTL used this specific combination, it shouldn't be an issue. If you want to link it more to belgium, you could always have a scroll around the base of the wreath with the name of the country in french and flemish.

otherspaceflag.png

About a week ago, I made a flag representing human travel to space.... it wasn't that good. The layout could've been work on better, and it just ended up looking to American. I spent some time trying to rework it, but eventually decided "screw it" and started from scratch, which brings us to the current subject. Orange and white go well together, gray and white go well together, orange and gray go well together, therefore, they all get put on.

View attachment 549324
About a week ago, I made a flag representing human travel to space.... it wasn't that good. The layout could've been work on better, and it just ended up looking to American. I spent some time trying to rework it, but eventually decided "screw it" and started from scratch, which brings us to the current subject. Orange and white go well together, gray and white go well together, orange and gray go well together, therefore, they all get put on.

Not a reproach but just a personal feeling: having stars like in your original design feels, to me, like a good symbol of "human exploring the universe". The image of a planet, even an obvisouly non-earth one as the ring implies, feels to me more like the flag represents something planet-bound. In this sense, the flag above seem like it would be more appropriate for a flag meant to represent an extraterrestrial colony or extraterrestrial global government.

I quite like it. I agree with Marc though, it makes more sense as a flag for a space colony (the Moons of Jupiter maybe?) than as a flag for space travel in general. May I add it to my cool flag collection?

Flag I randomly thought of today for a future Antarctic colony when climate change has made the continent (at least partially) habitable, based on the red-blue-green Mars flag.

White represents Antarctica's frozen past, black the bare rocks of the present, and green the plants which will grow in the future. The southern cross is there as Antarctica is in the southern hemisphere, and to add a bit of interest.

Antarctic Colony.png

Flag I randomly thought of today for a future Antarctic colony when climate change has made the continent (at least partially) habitable, based on the red-blue-green Mars flag.

White represents Antarctica's frozen past, black the bare rocks of the present, and green the plants which will grow in the future. The southern cross is there as Antarctica is in the southern hemisphere, and to add a bit of interest.

View attachment 549675

Were you at all aware of this when you made it?

I like it but the slight rotation of the southern cross and the fat stars throw me off.

View attachment 549675
I freaking love Antarctica flags

A flag of Communist Finland from 1945 to 1989, in a TL where there was no Finlandization, where the USSR orbited this country like the countries of Eastern Europe.

dessin.png

Were you at all aware of this when you made it?

I like it but the slight rotation of the southern cross and the fat stars throw me off.
It was that headline that prompted the idea, yes.

I used a diagram of the actual Southern Cross constellation rather than taking the stars from an existing flag so that might be why the angle's slightly different and I guess the stars could use a little workout!

A flag of Communist Finland from 1945 to 1989, in a TL where there was no Finlandization, where the USSR orbited this country like the countries of Eastern Europe.

View attachment 549841

I understand using the main elements from the Finnish Communist Party's logo in the coat of arms. But why include the sabre, specifically?

Crosses (and other religious symbols) on communist flags always seem odd to me as state atheism is a common feature of communist regimes.

In context, using a flag like this would appear to mean that this Finland claims a high level of continuity (and legitimacy) from the 1919 Republic of Finland. It is not necessarily a comment about religion one way or the other to stick using the "blue-crossed flag". The Finns generally rarely openly associate the flag to denominational Christianity anyway. The more important connotation from my POV would be that by using the Nordic-style cross flag this Finland continues to identify as existing within a Nordic tradition. All in all, it all tells me that while it is a Soviet satellite, there are some pretensions to a measure of political and cultural independence in this Finland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.