Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. Discussing the plausibility of a scenario is well within the bounds of the map thread. That the discussion just happened to revolve around Marx does not mean that people were talking politics without provocation. I fail to see the problem. What would be the right thread then? Is anything political having to do with a map suddenly out of bounds? Where is the line drawn?
Y'all do realize that none of the Mods trawl the Forums looking for something to do, right?

We come in when something is reported. In this case the report was that "things seem to be going off the rails". When I reviewed the relative comments it appeared (and still does appear) that such comments were taking a map/graphic thread into a debate just as the reporting member indicated. This being the case I made a two sentence post to keep the thread on track.

Ellert.png

Map from a worldbuilding project I'm no longer working on.

rect59322 (1).png

Do you remember Czechoslovakia? That was a pretty long country right? Well not long enough for me! So I present to you the federal republic of Czechoslovakolusatiosilesiagalicialodomeriamolavotauridiaslovenia Kljóvyjslavia with a thrown in Czech corridor for fun!

Honestly not my best work and there is absolutely no thought out scenario behind it I just felt like creating something silly instead of being productive this weekend. I'm also pretty sure that I've seen someone do a similarly memey Czechoslovakia on here or on DA but I couldnt find the post :/. If you originally came up with this gem of comedy let me know and I'll appropriately credit you for the inspiration!

Last edited:
View attachment 548614
Do you remember Czechoslovakia? That was a pretty long country right? Well not long enough for me! So I present to you the federal republic of Czechoslovakolusatiosilesiagalicialodomeriamolavotauridiaslovenia Kljóvyjslavia with a thrown in Czech corridor for fun!

Honestly not my best work and there is absolutely no thought out scenario behind it I just felt like creating something silly instead of being productive this weekend. I'm also pretty sure that I've seen someone do a similarly memey Czechoslovakia on here or on DA but I couldnt find the post :/. If you originally came up with this gem of comedy let me know and I'll appropriately credit you for the inspiration!

Longoslavia.

View attachment 548614

Kinda hoped this would be Czechochechnyoslovenoslovakia. Oh well.
Great map!

ddxcoco-320d137e-f0dd-4111-aa11-412ad1af39c1.png

Finally finished my big quarantine project so far: a sequel to / expansion of this map extending the early medieval theme across Europe. Now featuring a Frankish Empire -> Holy Roman Empire -> German Confederation -> European Union and several pairs of confusingly similar country names!

Last edited:
ddxcoco-0b7a9034-b174-4395-a781-034fa83d3cb1.png

Finally finished my big quarantine project so far: a sequel to / expansion of this map extending the early medieval theme across Europe. Now featuring a Frankish Empire -> Holy Roman Empire -> German Confederation -> European Union and several pairs of confusingly similar country names!

Damn that is beautiful. National borders seem a bit blobby to me but I think it is the style and not anything wrong with the map. Shame that Cyrillic newer got off in this world but there are many cool things in this map.

ddxcoco-0b7a9034-b174-4395-a781-034fa83d3cb1.png

I very much like the map idea, especially the cultures and religions. Just a quick question, what are the religions in the Slavic lands? They don't seem to be labeled.
Regardless, I am looking forward for future map expansions.

I very much like the map idea, especially the cultures and religions. Just a quick question, what are the religions in the Slavic lands? They don't seem to be labeled.
Regardless, I am looking forward for future map expansions.

Oh whoops those are supposed to be patriarchates of the Greek Church, updated.

Damn that is beautiful. National borders seem a bit blobby to me but I think it is the style and not anything wrong with the map. Shame that Cyrillic newer got off in this world but there are many cool things in this map.

Thanks! And hey, at least there's plenty of Glagolitic to make up for it.

Last edited:
Kaisreich Multiverse.png

The multiverse of the kaiserreich universe
1. The normal kaiserreich world Universe 50
2. Timeline 235: Lenin is never assassinated and the germans would focus on dealing with the french civil war. This allows the RSFSR to win the war while syndicalism falls. Eventually, a fascist party gain power in France and Britain. Meanwhile, in the US, A civil war began much early in 1933 following its economic crisis and would soon dissolve into 4 states. A-H collapses and Germany annexed Austria.
3. Timeline 30,787: Following the British sinking of a US ship, the Germans would create a telegram pretending to be the British attempting to get Mexico to attack the south. The US would join the war and annex Canada. following the great war in a central victory, the British royal family escape to Germany after the revolution of 1925.
4. Timeline 450,565: The Western front collapses but the eastern front would go on and the Russian win the war. France becomes communist and the British occupy its African territory.
5. Timeline 194: Base on harry turtledove Southern Victory. Its basically Kaisreich mix wit timeline 191.
6.Timeline: 58 Base on harry Turtledove Atlantic. Again the same but Austria is Germany.

I hope you enjoy it, it took a while for me to do.

Very nice! What's the year? How united is the Frankish Union?

1589692149700.png

Early imperial China in the world of Pantheon's Engine!

This is a necro/refresh of the former Great Big Worlda Collaborative Project, and has now expanded to span multiple AH communities across the internet--the project's premise is "WI Centers of technology, culture, and political Power are equally spread across the world?" with the POD in Acheamenid times, a cyberpunk theme to everything, and lots of other stuff to come.

Last edited:
Very nice! What's the year? How united is the Frankish Union?

Thanks! Year is 2020, the Frankish Union is around EU levels of united-ness, independent sovereign countries with shared institutions and an economic unions, albeit with a lot more HRE-style medieval-y trappings.

KapiTod

Banned
Thanks! Year is 2020, the Frankish Union is around EU levels of united-ness, independent sovereign countries with shared institutions and an economic unions, albeit with a lot more HRE-style medieval-y trappings.
Does France ever try and big itself up based on the shared name? Or is that one of the confusingly similar names you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.