Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 92121

I require more information of the Roboteddy
"While fighting in San Juan Hill, on New Granada, Luna, during the Spanish-American War, Theodore Roosevelt was mortally wounded. This led to what became the most extensive use of Automaton technology to date. 62% of his body (upper torso, left arm, left eye, right leg and many internal organs), were replaced by Edison Automaton bodily devices. The result was Theodore Roosevelt Mk. 2. In 1906 the body suffered a near catastrophic failure, resulting in its upgrade to electric energy. Thus, Roosevelt Mk 2.5 came to be. Roosevelt was far from the first man with extensive automaton parts, however. Cornelius Vanderbilt and Andrew Carnagie both went through similar procedures (if to a smaller extent). And Roosevelt Mk. 2.5 complexities pale in comparison with the Gloriana suit designed for Queen Victoria by the serbian scientist."

From a timeline I never ended up doing:
SportsBox.Png

Actually managed to get another one out, this one being an updated version of this one couple pages back; it showcases the difference made when you beak the polling down into its regional components rather than using a pure national swing, though this also was a different poll entirely. UKIP performed far better, largely at the expense of the Conservatives, though Labour holding their ground prevented UKIP from breaking out into the North, Midlands or Wales. The SNP also swept Scotland as they were polling rather strongly at the time, and the Liberal Democrats by virtue of the divided vote managed to take …. not quite so many losses, though still relegated to the 5th Party status in Westminster. On the surface a Labour-SNP Coalition would be possible, but Ed Miliband had rejected both a formal coalition and a supply agreement with the SNP, so that idea is stillborn unless Miliband opts to change course (someone else would have to weigh-in on that possibility). I don't believe there are any other stable governments possible, the CON-UKIP-DUP grouping only having 290 seats, nor in the unlikely event the Liberal Democrats support the Conservatives again would they be enough at 311 seats.
Again, someone familiar with British politics of the time will need to weigh-in on the potential arrangements.
Also, currently everything is in PNG format. While it isn't ideal, the hosting site I use, Imgur, is currently having trouble uploading SVG files at this time. You won't get quite as much detail when you zoom in, but I'd rather provide a inferior constituency map then not provide one at all.
rqfXUIH.png
J720hFi.png

d y s t o p i a
9mGeqOQ.png

The 2004 United States Presidential Election took place in the aftermath of the passage of the 1st Amendment to the Miami Constitution, the climax of a decade of political instability and decay under the Thurmond dictatorship. Thurmond, suffering from ailing health and increasingly incapacitated with strokes, would tenure much power towards Vice President Dan Quayle, who proved incompetent within the office. A group of military officers led by former Secretary of State Richard Cheney quickly pulled the carpet out from under Quayle, instituting the Bayonet Constitution. The Supreme Court declared the entire original American Constitution null and void in a controversial ruling in 1988. This decision would lead to the reinstatement of the weak Articles of Confederation as the replacement law, and struck down all amendments of the Constitution. This would entail a solid decade of anarchy and warring states known as the American Schism, lasting from 1988 until the Miami Constitution's ratification.

When the ink dried on the Miami Constitution, several additions and removals to the initial Bayonet Constitution, including the absence of the eighth, thirteenth, eleventh, sixteenth, fifteenth, fourteenth, twenty fourth, twenty second and twenty first amendments. The Electoral College got a new, simpler name; "The School of Electors" and with the strict adherence to avoid getting to 270 or having your opponent reach that magical number. It would cause the candidate that got to that number to lose by default. The key in this was to have no one reach 270 votes so that the anti-popular vote would kick in. The candidate with the most votes cast against him would then win the election.
Such an outcome occurred in the first test of the new system. The Democratic and Republican Parties, now played to these new set of rules, managing to find two unpopular presidential candidates and having them bumble TV interviews in order to convince them to vote against themselves. Political gaffes, once damning to campaigns, became more valuable than fireworks on the fourth of July.

It was under this that the far right and fringe party candidates came out of the woodwork, now with an even playing field and political atmosphere that normally would kill them finding them flourishing like flowers in the spring. People with no political experience were hired on as consultants. However, some things never change, with the two major political parties still retaining influence among the voting populace. The concept of negative delegates were introduced, with prizes and bribes being awarded to candidates who did the worst in state primaries.

The 2004 Democratic and Republican primaries saw dozens of conspiracy theorists and convicted criminals, illegal alcoholics and serial killers be rewarded with delegates in getting less than 0.4% of the popular vote in some cases. More people said increasingly crazy things to lower their share of the popular vote and skyrocket their allocated faithless delegates. Inevitably, serial killer Ted Bundy was nominated, managing to garner just one uncommitted delegate and a 0.1% of a single vote, declaring his fingerprint to be the only percentage of his body that he himself voted for. Ted Kaczynski, serving a life sentence until his prison door was blown up during the Schism, ran as the craziest and most fringe candidate, and won according to the new political rules instated at the Democratic Convention. His vote tally was just him saying the word "Vote", which was recorded, but not counted as a vote. Winning in a landslide of 0% of all Democratic primary votes, Kaczynski promised to nuke the moon as his first official act.

Both candidates pushed to "vote for the other candidate", with Kaczynski openly admitted himself as a terrorist, arguing votes should be cast against him because of his actions. Ted Bundy emerged with several actions during his time as a serial killer, promising to vote against himself in the election and urging others to "send myself to hell". They both discouraged active turnout, insulting their prospected and pledged voters, with Kaczynski muttering to a crowd of Kaczynski supporters "All of you are idiots, there, I gave you a reason to hate my guts, vote against me!"
In the end, there would be no winner, only losers, as the entire electoral slate from California, originally pledged to vote against Bundy, suddenly decided to become faithless electors and declare California's 55 votes to be uncommitted to vote against either candidate. This action prevented anyone from reaching the magical -270 electoral votes needed to lose, resulting in the popular vote being counted.
This is where the rules were switched, as the person with the most votes against them would be elected President under this mechanism. As a result, despite a lawsuit by Kaczynski, Bundy prevailed in the courts and was elected President in the most consequential and unconventional election in recent American political history.

Actually managed to get another one out, this one being an updated version of this one couple pages back; it showcases the difference made when you beak the polling down into its regional components rather than using a pure national swing, though this also was a different poll entirely. UKIP performed far better, largely at the expense of the Conservatives, though Labour holding their ground prevented UKIP from breaking out into the North, Midlands or Wales. The SNP also swept Scotland as they were polling rather strongly at the time, and the Liberal Democrats by virtue of the divided vote managed to take …. not quite so many losses, though still relegated to the 5th Party status in Westminster. On the surface a Labour-SNP Coalition would be possible, but Ed Miliband had rejected both a formal coalition and a supply agreement with the SNP, so that idea is stillborn unless Miliband opts to change course (someone else would have to weigh-in on that possibility). I don't believe there are any other stable governments possible, the CON-UKIP-DUP grouping only having 290 seats, nor in the unlikely event the Liberal Democrats support the Conservatives again would they be enough at 311 seats.
Again, someone familiar with British politics of the time will need to weigh-in on the potential arrangements.
Also, currently everything is in PNG format. While it isn't ideal, the hosting site I use, Imgur, is currently having trouble uploading SVG files at this time. You won't get quite as much detail when you zoom in, but I'd rather provide a inferior constituency map then not provide one at all.
rqfXUIH.png
J720hFi.png
Love the box but current politics has an expanded definition on this board. I’d move this to chat quickly tbh.

rqfXUIH.png

J720hFi.png
I don't think you got the message pal. The mod says this is current politics.

Ah no, he said that the 2017 election was apparently current politics, not 2015.
Current politics means anything that can spark a debate. It’s basically that simple. These are good infoboxes but this isn’t the place for them.

The current politics infobox thread in Chat is where you want to be.

Current politics means anything that can spark a debate. It’s basically that simple.
By that measure though you could be going back to the 1960's for anything involving the United States if not further, and the early 1970's for the United Kingdom and particularly the Thatcher years. That is a level of restriction that isn't sensible should it be the case.

By that measure though you could be going back to the 1960's for anything involving the United States if not further, and the early 1970's for the United Kingdom and particularly the Thatcher years. That is a level of restriction that isn't sensible should it be the case.
Generally speaking, rule of thumb is that if it's in the post-2010s, showing current political figures in approximately the same general office they hold in real life, then it's probably a no-go.

You are correct, but as a wise man once said "it really do be like that sometimes."

Status
Not open for further replies.