The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

guys. i was going through the campaign trail code and i found code that suggests the abillity to play newt gingritch or rick santorum in the 2012 election. has anyone figured out how to do that?

Well, this game wasn't what I expected. Really thought there would be more graphics and less multiple-choice questions. Maybe I play too many video games. :perservingface: Played as Lincoln in 1860 and tied the electoral college - probably because I barely remember what Lincoln's platform was. He wanted to keep the Union together and... stuff?
If you right-click on the page and select "View page source" (Ctrl-U) you can view the source code of the page. Maybe that's what GeneralOranges did?
Here's the relevant stuff... said:
newt-gingrich-2012.jpg

ALTERNATE SCENARIO
After an upset in the Republican nomination battle, Newt Gingrich heads into the general election with strong support from fiscal and social conservatives. Better known for his House leadership in the 1990s, he must find a way to regain popularity and relevance, and to convince American voters that he can address their economic concerns more effectively than Obama.

"description_as_running_mate\"
After competing as rivals for the Republican nomination, a Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich ticket would effectively act as a compromise between those camps and consolidate their support and campaign resources.
After both candidates spent months making the case that Romney was too moderate, their joining of forces in the general election leaves little doubt as to the tone they intend to strike.

rick-santorum-2012.jpg

ALTERNATE SCENARIO
After an upset in the Republican nomination battle, Rick Santorum heads into the general election with staunch support from social conservatives. He also has several years of experience as a U.S. Senator.
Santorum's challenge will be the unite the business wing of the Republicans after defeating their preferred candidate, and to offer something to swing voters in the electorate at large.

"description_as_running_mate\"
After competing as rivals for the Republican nomination, a Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich ticket would effectively act as a compromise between those camps and consolidate their support and campaign resources.
After both candidates spent months making the case that Romney was too moderate, their joining of forces in the general election leaves little doubt as to the tone they intend to strike.

When you look at my above map win for 1988 it's very close to the real 1992 win in terms of states and the electoral votes.
(I have used the "Leip" colours)
1586200906346.png

Dukakis & Gore 374 ev
Bush & Quayle 164 ev
Real 1992
1586201204344.png

Clinton & Gore 370 ev
Bush & Quayle 168 ev

Deleted member 141906

My best Nader on easy, with 3.81% as him. Has anyone done better?

Does anybody knows how to unlock different scenarios (like 1992, 2008, 1820, etc)? I remember in the past there was an option to pay for Premium, which would unlock these scenarios. Do somebody has some information about that?

Does anybody knows how to unlock different scenarios (like 1992, 2008, 1820, etc)? I remember in the past there was an option to pay for Premium, which would unlock these scenarios. Do somebody has some information about that?

The Campaign trail used to give premium members access to a wider range of scenarios than those who played for free. Those without a premium account could only play 1896, 1968 and 2012.

Since then however, all scenarios have been made available for free, as the game designer is no longer interested in the project. It's a shame, because in my opinion, the simulator realistically captures the partisan lean of states in a way that a game like President infinity does not.

I'd be very interested in seeing an expanded set of scenarios myself. Maybe if enough members on this site are interested. 2004 would be a good place to start, or maybe updating the 2016 campaign.

The Campaign trail used to give premium members access to a wider range of scenarios than those who played for free. Those without a premium account could only play 1896, 1968 and 2012.

Since then however, all scenarios have been made available for free, as the game designer is no longer interested in the project. It's a shame, because in my opinion, the simulator realistically captures the partisan lean of states in a way that a game like President infinity does not.

I'd be very interested in seeing an expanded set of scenarios myself. Maybe if enough members on this site are interested. 2004 would be a good place to start, or maybe updating the 2016 campaign.
Unfortanetly (and being optimistic) they'll probably keep developing the game (if they do it) only in mid-2021, year after election. I think the game could begin let us answer the debates questions too (like in the 1960 election which Nixon always get schooled or in 2016), just to be more imersible. This game has so much potential

i think the 1896 election could be more challenging for bryan if the game gave the option of mckinley run with teddy roosevelt as his running mate.. in fact, that would be op
Considering Roosevelt became famous for his actions in the Spanish American War him being a VP nominee in 1896 is highly implausible