Les Années Douces, a very different XXth century

XVII: The Christian Catholic Church of France
Here's the Catholic Church of France, hope you like it !

11d22vv.png

I liked the write up of the CCCF but I have some questions.

1. Can the Clergy marry or have children?

2. How popular is the CCCF outside the Chancellerie?

3. Does the CCCF send missionaries or workers to countries outside the Chancellerie and do they clash with the Roman Catholic Church?

As a religious studies student, this is a delight to read. I like the callback to sister republics with the sister churches, the title of Doctor of the Church, and the close but not quite relationship between the Christian Catholic Church and the Old-Catholic Church.

I liked the write up of the CCCF but I have some questions.

1. Can the Clergy marry or have children?

2. How popular is the CCCF outside the Chancellerie?

3. Does the CCCF send missionaries or workers to countries outside the Chancellerie and do they clash with the Roman Catholic Church?

1 The Doctors have talked about that question and, like for the matters of divorce, they're divided on the topic: "should we or should we not break from Roman Catholic tradition" is a complicated debate, especially since with John XXIII being on Saint Peter's throne, reunification is possible enough that people may get angry if you make it harder.

2 Not very much: a bunch of Walloon and Romande parishes, maybe one or two in the Aosta Valley, the fact that the Council of Doctors only publishes in French and in biblical languages doesn't really help much either. The Québecois are too far for this sort of stuff, and Saint-Pierre et Miquelon is too tiny to influence religious practices. However, it has sparked interest in several other left-leaning states and movements by showing that yes, revolutionnary clergies can happen, and they can be followed by the believers without sparking a civil war. If you want a piece of maybe-it'll-make-it-into-the-lore, the ultra-decentralized rad-left Argentina I've been wanting to cram into some worldbuilding somewhere must be living for this.

3 The CCCF isn't very proactive on international expansion, however, there are left-leaning priests, theology students and pious workers who have learned about the CCCF and have started adhering to the CCCF teachings. If you ask them "what's your faith" they will answer "I'm a Christian Catholic" but the CCCF isn't actively trying to include them. There's also the fact that they're actually pretty chill about other religions: since they believe God judges the kindness of the deeds more than he judges the faith, they don't really see the point in going out of their way to tell some Samoan guy "hey, you seem nice, why don't you start worshiping God in its true form ?" or things like that.

Is there a topic you'd like me to talk about ? Country, region, idea, say it ! ^^ I want to work on my TL but I have no idea of what to do

Well, I love that we've seen so much on Africa so early on in TTL. Maybe a bit more on East Asia, IIRC the only Voix articles we've seen about the region are the Indochina one and that one unthreadmarked one on Hainan. Now, the Hainan article really threw around a lot of interesting hints about this divided China and I want to know more, as well as about what's going on with Japan and Korea. I'd imagine Japan is more economically dominant within Asia given China's division... or maybe not? Either way, other Chinese states and the general situation in the far east.

Scandinavia and Russia could be interesting too, South America as well.

I also have a tendency to ask about what's happening in the Balkans in many TLs I read, so I guess it's about time I asked you. In particular what's up with OTLs former Yugoslav region?

I agree with @traveller76 that TTLs differences in technology would be an interesting thing to learn about.

I know that's a lot, don't take this as me demanding a post on every single one of these, I'm just throwing ideas around and you can obviously decide what you do with your TL.

Is there a topic you'd like me to talk about ? Country, region, idea, say it ! ^^ I want to work on my TL but I have no idea of what to do

You mentioned Austria before, i’d Like to see it.

Also the saharian territories, i’ve Recently been researching colonial rule over the Sahara and Tuareg/toubou/moorish societies for a map and i’d Like to see it developped

Thank you far all your suggestions ! I just realized I forgot to threadmark the latter third of this TL x3 I'll probably start with the United Kingdom of Serbia, because I have quite a good idea of what exactly happened

Thank you far all your suggestions ! I just realized I forgot to threadmark the latter third of this TL x3 I'll probably start with the United Kingdom of Serbia, because I have quite a good idea of what exactly happened

ooh, can't wait.

Lmao, I was wondering why so many articles were not threadmarked.

Here's the article about the Kingdom of Serbia. I consider reworking it a bit, so if you have any criticism share it, I would really appreciate your participation!

QdtdfAX.png

Very interesting.

Did the Romanovs marry into an existing Serbian royal family (in which case, Karađorđević or Obrenović?) or was it something different? If they did marry in, when? Before or after fleeing Russia?

Also, a note on Monarchs' names: Are these some sort of English transliteration, though then why wouldn't Ioann be John or Ivan? If these are meant to be the names used by their Serbian subject i have some nitpicks. Helelna exists in Serbian but Jelena is more common still though, there's nothing wrong with it, it's the king that I have questions about. Why doesn't the King Consort, Ioann, go by Ivan or Jovan. I know that Russian czars have used the Greek spelling in the past, but IDK whether the Serbs would. It was common IOTL for foreign-born royal consorts or monarchs to change their name to the local variant. So, yeah, there is that, but those are minor details and maybe things are just different ITTL.

Other than that, I'm loving the relatively blessed Serbia. It's big, but not oppressive, and minority rights seem decent unless this article is biased in some way. The decentralization seems to indicate that regional rights are actually being respected though. Sarajevo as a second city and intellectual center kind of fits nicely. Using the endonym Beograd rather than the exonym Belgrade is also a very nice touch.

Were non-Serbs excluded from attaining higher political offices legally before or just due to social prejudices like viewing Bosniaks as "more akin to Turks" on account of them being Muslim, or was it just because there wasn't a lot of non-Serbs other than Macedonians prior to the Treaty of Neuchatel (TTLs Versailles I assume)?

How are the Macedonians treated?

All in all, great article.