Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell happened to Europe?

I imagine Canada is Fascist/Nazi and genociding the French-Canadians. (Not a question, just a guess)
1. what happened to europe was that it vanished
2. officially they're 'British Utopianist', but basically Fascist. also think more apartheid than outright genocide (mainly against the cowardly Quebecois (due to a lot of them trying to secede/move to france during the main chaos), and the Newfies, who didn't want to join Canada in the first place)

1587421167960.png

Ahikto Map Test v1.2
1.jpg

Footnote
Since the map was a bit weird.. and there was not enough water I changed the map to a 2:1 ratio to make sure water covered enough area and so there are actual islands to put out there

-Kento Kei Hayama April 20, 2020

As the millennia passed and humanity spread throughout the Milky Way, it became harder and harder for the often outstretched nations of Old Earth to maintain their grip on the tens of billions of people living across the stars. Eventually it would reach the point where the very idea of a nation in of itself would come to be viewed as obsolete, thanks in no small part to the rise of galactic businesses as the most influential factions in the Milky Way.

having built up their wealth and influence through many millennia of often times amoral practices, ranging from slavery to espionage, to the destruction of entire planets and civilizations, these businesses would come to be the defacto powers of the galaxy, and would eventually also become the dejure powers of the galaxy when, in the year 29560, the Terran Council would officially dissolve the old galactic government, a move which had much more of a symbolic effect on the galactic community then a literal effect.

It is now the year 33170, the galactic core remains the only unclaimed region of the galaxy, and ten major companies have come to dominate the galaxy, leaving a handful of lesser corporations to play them off one another in an effort to stay afloat. The balance of power is tedious at best, and within the coming months, the failure of a bookkeeper to double check their math will set off a series of events destined to plunge the whole galaxy into chaos.
corporatewarlord.png

(DR.MAN)

Banned
As the millennia passed and humanity spread throughout the Milky Way, it became harder and harder for the often outstretched nations of Old Earth to maintain their grip on the tens of billions of people living across the stars. Eventually it would reach the point where the very idea of a nation in of itself would come to be viewed as obsolete, thanks in no small part to the rise of galactic businesses as the most influential factions in the Milky Way.

having built up their wealth and influence through many millennia of often times amoral practices, ranging from slavery to espionage, to the destruction of entire planets and civilizations, these businesses would come to be the defacto powers of the galaxy, and would eventually also become the dejure powers of the galaxy when, in the year 29560, the Terran Council would officially dissolve the old galactic government, a move which had much more of a symbolic effect on the galactic community then a literal effect.

It is now the year 33170, the galactic core remains the only unclaimed region of the galaxy, and ten major companies have come to dominate the galaxy, leaving a handful of lesser corporations to play them off one another in an effort to stay afloat. The balance of power is tedious at best, and within the coming months, the failure of a bookkeeper to double check their math will set off a series of events destined to plunge the whole galaxy into chaos.
View attachment 540946
In a strange way this reminds me of DUNE

Honestly pretty likely that Australia here gets settle by Palaeoindians who are sailing along the coast during the Ice Age.
It's a thousand miles of open and deep water between California and Australia. A few boats might land there by mistake, but before the Polynesians, no one was going that far across the open Pacific.

It's a thousand miles of open and deep water between California and Australia. A few boats might land there by mistake, but before the Polynesians, no one was going that far across the open Pacific.
Well the coasts are somewhat further out during the ice age, and the prevailing current with that new geography would blow own the west coast of America before veering off towards Australia. I don't think it would be settled on purpose, but I think settlement pre-Polynesian is pretty likely.

Well the coasts are somewhat further out during the ice age, and the prevailing current with that new geography would blow own the west coast of America before veering off towards Australia. I don't think it would be settled on purpose, but I think settlement pre-Polynesian is pretty likely.
The California continental shelf is very narrow. Currents will make it possible that someone in a shallow water canoe could land on the Australian Coasts, but an occasional shipwreck isn't going to settle the continent. They need to be able to get back, and no one in the Americas had the deep water seafaring ability to do that then.

Ahikto Map v1.3
2.jpg

After a bit of questioning, I decided to get rid of the islands to make sure I can get a better understanding of how I want them to be formed, later on, next thing I'm going to do is to make the plate boundaries then the mountains and currents
I also named the continents
-Kento Kei Hayama April 20, 2020

ebs310x1n2u41.png

New map! Went for a more educational style here. Timeline is one where Dutch settlers colonized Central America and fought for a war of independence in the 1820's

Quickly got up ahikto's plates. now, geography gonna get hard now
_made a mistake on it, it's now fixed
edit: Forgot two of the plates, both are going south
123456.jpg

-Kento Kei Hayama

Crossposting my MOTF for Happy Little Accidents I'd love to point out both OTL and TTL instances of US State and territorial borders being decided by bizarre circumstances
The United States has changed a lot in her three hundred year history, and there are guaranteed to be big changes. But one thing that's never changed for the country is bewildering borders and incredulous names. From several failed attempts at various states named Jefferson to New Jersey handing over her Northern Counties to Pennsylvania so the governors could smuggle drugs...
... In not extinguishing the United States gov't the rulers were suddenly having old debts revisited: Native Americans after WWIII were a larger part of the population, and vital to the future of the United States. While some Native treaties are easier to push through than others based on various factors such as demographics, geography, and the willingness of elected official to cede land to Native American communities, some tribes choose not to focus on specific treaties, instead utilizing their numbers to dominate state politics, with Native American coalitions dominating in Montana, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and Oklahoma. Then there are the UN treaties. The actual nitty gritty of what went into assigning which ports to which UN members was decided behind closed doors, the United States has leased hundreds of miles of land to the United Nations United States Authority. Not to mention some of the states themselves have sought federal authority to shift their shapes, gobbling one another. Then of course, we must take into account the Great American Desert, or perhaps we can wait on that for another day.
Note: Many of the expanded Indian reservations, made in the 1700s-1930s did not take into account the differing climate of the 21st century, and for the Sioux and Choctaw for instance, most of their reservations are uninhabitable. The US government is unwilling to relitigate the boundaries unless things get bloody. The Entry of Caribbean and Pacific Island nations into the United States complicates matters further especially as the US seeks to reduce reparation payments by granting lands to nations which are threatened by climate change. Of course the longest time the USA had the same flag was between 1959 and 2026, a record of 67 years. The more somethings change the more things stay the same, such as with The USA and their strange borders.

See larger size here

motf214_1__by_spazzreflex_ddvcbvx-pre.png

Crossposting my MOTF for Happy Little Accidents I'd love to point out both OTL and TTL instances of US State and territorial borders being decided by bizarre circumstances

motf214_1__by_spazzreflex_ddvcbvx-pre.png
The legal mess that will come if the question of African Americans reparations is brought up. So, I'm guessing there was a second American civil war in the future?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.